Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Builder / Designer

Jaleo

Hi all,

Like 2 days ago i asked on reddit if i should finish a dojo builder that i started on my own (too lazy to design with paint, skilled enought to make a designer).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3j7wl6/dojo_builder_should_i_finish_it/

Some people asked me to do so, maybe not enough to spend more time in it than i did already (i need to farm formas for my own dojo...)

As in the reddit post says i posted it in http://dojo-builder.tk/ the way it works is pretty simple.

- Click on an item on the right menu to add to the layout

- Set cursor over an element to discover its name (just in case u don't recognize dojo rooms)

- Drag items on the layout to move them

- Double click items to flip them

- Right click to delete

- Use the link at the bottom of the page to obtain a link with your work saved.

Things i could add.

Multiple floors support.

Room description.

Color picker so u can differentiate things like elevators, or just wanna go with fancy colors.

Room costs in materials + dojo cost calculator.

Storage/Search of dojo layouts so the community can share them easily.

Export to image.

As long as i am concerned the builder made its work for me but if the community wanna use it i can add more features.

PLEEASE ADD MORE FEATUUUUREES

No seriously this will actually be very helpful to many people who can't work with just numbers but need to visualize. Please do this.

Ew no need to shout.

From the list above any feature you think will help you using it? (i'm guessing you tested it)

As you can see, at this stage i accept suggestions not only from the list. So if any cool stuff comes to your head feel free to ask. 

ok this is cool 

Enjoy it!!

First off, awesome idea and functionality so far.

If I could make a suggestion, perhaps add a grid and the ability to snap rooms to it? It would make it more useful as a planning tool than simply eyeballing it, as some of the large rooms are easy to lose track of the scale with.

On a previous version i had the snap functionality but since the layer images where not prolly adjusted. I did not like how it felt.

Guess i should take some time to clean the images.

About the grid i could add it aswell.

Thanks for the support!

this looks like it will come in handy to alot of people including myself and my clan as we are about to do a redesign of our dojo layout and none of the other builders/designers ive seen were up to date or were just left in an unfinished state

Glad to read this.

Right now i am working in the image assets so the snap works correctly.

Figuring if is easier to handle snap to a grid or just between the elements.

Noticed that in mobile you can load elements but can't move/turn/delete them i'm working on that too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loving your dojo builder so far. Really looking forward to the snapable rooms/grid etc, since so far this builder is helping out alot for my dojo. One recomendation though, you should make the floor space for the builder bigger, considering that obstacle corse takes up most of the space, its hard to build much else with space provided. Keep up the great work.