Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any Nvidia Card Users Crashing Randomly After Upgrading To Windows 10?

Project-Faolchu

Question

I noticed that my game has started crashing after upgrading to windows 10 64bit these days.

It's random but it is a few times a day.

I also noticed that the Nvidia drivers themselves aren't really stable for windows 10 either.

Likewise I get random, though more seldom, notices that the video driver stopped and reset.

I have completely uninstalled and wiped the old drivers for the new windows 10 ones but it's still goofy.

Rolling back to windows 7 64bit and the stable drivers seems to resolve the issue.

So I'm trying to determine if it's the drivers or if its just windows 10 being a pain.

7 answers to this question

My biggest issue so far with updating is that it kills my FPS if I play in solo mode, not so much with others online. I could play the game with specs all the way turned up, and I put everything on the lowest setting. My frame rate is usually around 24 FPS. I didn't know if it was the update but I started playing it after a couple months and I upgraded to windows 10, so hopefully it's only a temporary thing.

Now that you mention it, yes. Have in fact had several crashes to desktop after going to Win10. My nVidia card is always running updated drivers. Had to roll back to Win 8.1 myself, but not because of performance issues. Win 10 worked perfectly out of the box for me until it suddenly set my rig into a permanent update loop, repair and recovery efforts failed.

I noticed that my game has started crashing after upgrading to windows 10 64bit these days.

It's random but it is a few times a day.

I also noticed that the Nvidia drivers themselves aren't really stable for windows 10 either.

Likewise I get random, though more seldom, notices that the video driver stopped and reset.

I have completely uninstalled and wiped the old drivers for the new windows 10 ones but it's still goofy.

Rolling back to windows 7 64bit and the stable drivers seems to resolve the issue.

So I'm trying to determine if it's the drivers or if its just windows 10 being a pain.

Download the GeForce Experience program from the official website.  I have had zero issues in Windows or any steam games (including Warframe) since doing so.