Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

These Devs Officially Don't Even Know Their Own Game Anymore.

Senoinya

This topic is going to /mostly/ focus on the recent devstream, talking about MR and Multi-shot reworks. Pull up your panties silver-armored DE fanboy defenders, because this is going to be a hard blow.

My level of displeased is impossible to describe. Is this just some kind of joke to you, devs? Do you sit there all day just thinking of ways you can screw with the playerbase and make things even worse? Seriously, you add all these great things, like Parkour 2.0, the new syndicate weapons, the underwater tileset, etc, but then you slap your playerbase upside the head with a "DON'T GET USED TO IT" attitude and ruin something else. Why? Does it pleasure you? Are you just a bunch of trolling kids in adult bodies?

You want to spread out weapons across Mastery Rank... Great! Let's just make lower MR players (note: I'm not one of them) get looked down on even more than they already are, because far more weapons are going to be for only the higher MRs. Oh! But that's not all! How do you get higher MR? You grind weapons and gear to rank 30! So you're basically just flat out saying you don't like the fact that players can just enjoy whatever weapons they want, and you'd rather they /have/ to grind through every single terribad weapon in the game just to get the viable ones they can use and master now? I know what this is, and it's pathetic... It's two things:

1: A cheap excuse to not have to rework and improve all the sub-par weapons in the game, you can just shove them into the lower MRs and say "haha! See? Those are NOOB weapons, so them being bad is good!". Just a sign of laziness.

2: A means of forcing people to go through the painful grind that is MR ranking. It's boring, and nobody likes it, but it's fine right now because we don't HAVE to do it, but that's going to change, because apparently your feces you dumped was green today, and green feces means something needs to be ruined. Here Rebecca, eat these gummy bears so we can get a different color tomorrow and maybe get a complete nerf to every weapon in the ga-- oh wait...

MULTI-SHOT:

So the new way to nerf something is to just say that its functionality was a bug all along? Was Mag's greedy pull a bug too? Was Excal's Radial Javelin a bug? You make me laugh.

And you compare the reaction you'll get to this being the same as coptering? Oh please. Coptering at least was an obvious bug, it looked stupid, it took away from the game, and actually damaged teamwork because anyone who didn't bring a Tipedo was left in the dirt. That being gone got a mostly positive reaction because it was something most people wanted gone, and even those that didn't quickly realized how nice it was to no longer have it.

But multi-shot is a different thing entirely.

People don't automatically just use Multi-Shot because "LOL, it comes at no costs!" - It's because it's the only way to get the otherwise relatively useless weapons in this game to be even remotely viable. All you're doing here is taking the one way to get your weapon to be viable and making it ruin the ammo economy altogether, which wouldn't be a problem if Multi-shot actually made weapons be OP as it was, but instead, as I said, it just makes them be /viable/.

Adding a cost to this isn't going to make it better, it's just going to worsen the problems the game already faces. You think "4 to win" is a problem now? Once you make effectively every single gun in the game a pointless toy, it's going to be even worse.

Unless you rework EVERY SINGLE WEAPON to be able to be JUST as viable without multi-shot as they are now with multi-shot, this will NOT go over well with ANYONE.

If you don't? Well guess what, this is all you accomplished with this:

1: Made every single gun worse than they are now, thus making powers even more abused than they are now.

2: Reduced the number of viable weapons in the game.

Literally nothing else. It improves nothing, because people are still going to always use multi-shot even with that cost, because it's the only way to make weapons be viable. Except now that won't even work, because ammo is going to be screwed in the process, so it's down to just spamming powers all day. I might as well just sell my weapons and not even equip them anymore, because they'll all be useless after this.

Yes, I know, some kid off reddit is going to fly in here and say "GIT GUD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB" - You're $&*&*#(%&. This has nothing to do with "GIT GUD", if I land every single shot without missing a single time with a weapon pre-multishot NERF, then do the same thing with every single shot WITH the nerf, which is now just nothing more than a rate of fire increase, I'll STILL be dealing less damage before I have to reload... A lot less. That's not a matter of getting good at all, that's a matter of weapons being a lot less viable than they are now, tell me how that improves the game?

Good job devs, maybe when you lose most of your playerbase to stupid changes like this, you'll look back on your devstreams, clueless of where you went wrong, and then realize it was stupid decisions like this.

Do I hate Warframe? No. Do I hate the devs? Somewhat, with their constant and ever-growing desire to ruin the game. But no, I don't hate Warframe, in fact, that's why I'm making this post. I really like Warframe, I enjoy playing it, especially with friends, that's why it thoroughly pisses me off when the devs do stuff like this and don't even think about their playerbase.

Just because a developer wants what is best for their game does not mean that they hate their players.

By the way, if you feel this way, I do hope you leave the game. We don't need pointless rambling about how evil the devs are. Either create a thread of meaningful discussion, or get out of here.

Edited by FruntlineXtreme

Take my upvote. I don't if I played this game too long or something. But, it seems like the Dev's are nerfing/changing things that doesn't have to change like multi shot. Well ill wait until that moment hits when the Dev makes a really bad decision. Time to discard my fav primary weapon.

1: A cheap excuse to not have to rework and improve all the sub-par weapons in the game, you can just shove them into the lower MRs and say "haha! See? Those are NOOB weapons, so them being bad is good!". Just a sign of laziness.

I just wanna point out that we'll never have an arsenal of sidegrades in this game because of the fact that we have hundreds of weapons and that many guns is impossible to balance against one another. There's always going to be a tier system because that's basically the only way to actually balance the game when you have as many guns as we do in Warfarm PvE.

Your other point about the terribleness of the multishot change is spot on though, so take my upvote.

Couldn't take you seriously anymore after you implied that multishot doesn't detract from the game. Our weapons being too powerful is pretty much the reason why Warframe doesn't have good endgame content right now. It won't really alter the balance of anything at all, since all weapons are being nerfed equally. Multishot also leaves our damage output in the hands of RNG; I shouldn't even have to say why that's bad. Anything that gives Warframe better endgame content is the best possible change that the devs could ever hope to make. 

With the multishot nerf, Warframe's endgame will improve. I guarantee it.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Couldn't take you seriously anymore after you implied that multishot doesn't detract from the game. Our weapons being too powerful is pretty much the reason why Warframe doesn't have good endgame content right now. It won't really alter the balance of anything at all, since all weapons are being nerfed equally. Multishot also leaves our damage output in the hands of RNG; I shouldn't even have to say why that's bad.

We dont even have an end game i bet u are sarcastic

Yeah , read the first 3 lines. Expect a swift lock.

Indeed it is not nerf this or whinning for something else.

It is a proper post tha ti bet mods will lock it up for x reason

but they will allow everything else that is nerf this and that

without a problem

We dont even have an end game i bet u are sarcastic

We will after the multishot nerf. Our weapons being too powerful is the reason we don't already.

Only because split chamber sits at 90% and single shot rifles get the most crap rng out of it.

Pistols still only have an 80% chance to fire a 3rd shot with max multishot. It's a problem for all weapons; multishot RNG even affects shotgun pellet count.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

the MR weapon changes are good. Why, not all weapons are good not all weapons are bad THIS IS THE STRUCTURE OF ALL GAMES WITH PVE EXPERIANCE (with few exceptions) challenges come in the form of getting better gear so yes there has to be bad items or medium items that are not end game. One way warframe can improve in this area is do something that MANY MMOs do now

Weapon upgrades: for example we have a sword, scythe, spear, and a thrown melee weapon. There should be end game versions of the weapon type and also bad version aka the early game. 

sooooo people could have end game wips, sword and board, throwing stars and etc... 

Mastery locking weapons gives newer players incentive to progress through the game so I'm for it. You reward yourself for playing the game. All the lower ranking players have time to work towards getting the weapons they deem fun.

The mastery rank system needs an overhaul

Multi shot is gonna make players spam powers more often and hopefully increase everyone's aim. Still a bad idea though.

How, exactly? I do raids a lot these days and *with weapons the way they are right now* my team sometimes has trouble with durable enemies. And that's with 4xCP. Cutting my ammo efficiency by ~90%-320(!)% isn't going to improve my endgame experience in any way I can think of.

Please, elucidate for me. Tell me how this will improve my experience, unless it's coupled directly with a complete rework of enemy armor, health, and damage scaling?

OP couldve gotten his point across easily without all the bashing.

I'd like to see him attempt to make a game of this caliber and implement the changes he desires and deal with the community backlash like DE does.

Good luck with that.

If DE were more thoughtfull on changes and not rush them there would not be that bash

But this is not the case can u guess why?

Edited by AMDMAD

Mastery locking weapons gives newer players incentive to progress through the game so I'm for it. You reward yourself for playing the game. All the lower ranking players have time to work towards getting the weapons they deem fun.

The mastery rank system needs an overhaul

Multi shot is gonna make players spam powers more often and hopefully increase everyone's aim. Still a bad idea though.

Yet u will be able to get the prime weapons from prime acces regardless what MR u are . Seems a big hole to me