The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] 1 Platinium A Day Keep The Slot Problem At Bay

Silox

Hi, I just want to suggest a little idea that would help players who just want to play for free or players who don't have access to an online form of payment to buy platinium to deal a bit better the the very limited amount of slots availeable

every day, along with the daily 'first run bonus' offer one platinium, yes, it means that players will have to not only login, but also complete one mission in order to get access to their daily platinium

it might seems not like much, but to the dedicated players, it could mean 2 extra weapon slots in 2 weeks, or a potato or a warframe slot in 3, for those who have access to platinium already, this could allow them to obtain a freebie item every few month

now i know that platiniums are a way for DE to profit from this game, and i totally agree in offering an easy alternative to long farms, or allow players who are willing to fund the game to obtain some "exclusivities" (i.e colors patterns), wich is why i suggest only that 1 platinium a day for those who are ready to show some dedication

i believe this stop a good amount of players from loosing their motivation in playing this game, due to them being face with the dilema, keep playing with the same weapons on and on and on and be stuck in their mastery rank, or having to sell their beloved items they worked so hard to get in order to use new ones they might not even enjoy

PS : I realise i might have posted this topic in the wrong section, if an admin see this, please maybe redirect this topic in the appropriate section

Edited by Silox

Maybe if it only began to accrue after you have reached the 7th day of the login cycle or something like that.  If only to ensure that everyone who logs in every day isn't getting a guaranteed 1 platinum. 

+1 to the idea though, I would totally go for that.

It is funny that it is all of us hunter rank players commenting here, kinda' like looking at the additional $50 to upgrade and thinking "I have never spent $100 on a game in my life"

Edited by Hezekiah

It is funny that it is all of us hunter rank players commenting here, kinda' like looking at the additional $50 to upgrade and thinking "I have never spent $100 on a game in my life"

I...I can't say that...

Well, it is an excellent idea that would keep players playing for a decent amount of time.

Perhaps adding a tiny chance of a tiny amount of plat int eh daily rewards, as well. Say, 5 at the 3 day, 10 at the 7 day.

It adds a psychological point of "I should play today", but doesn't hurt sales as the main people who purchase already do it to expidite the grind.

I completely agree slots are a problem. But handing out Platinum is exploitable now that Dojos are in the game. People can create new accounts, get platinum and buy Forma's for room building and use platinum to rush rooms to finish.

Inventory slots should simply disappear from the game. 

Edited by Pixues

Perhaps adding a tiny chance of a tiny amount of plat int eh daily rewards, as well. Say, 5 at the 3 day, 10 at the 7 day.

It adds a psychological point of "I should play today", but doesn't hurt sales as the main people who purchase already do it to expidite the grind.

well altough the tough of gaining more platinium sounds good to my ears, i don't want it to become too much of a replacement to buying platinium to obtain advanteages, offering a little bonus once in a while could be nice, but to be honnest, i'd first like to see how the simple 1 plat a day works out, don't think the devs would feel too keen about this if we start to ask for too much, no matter how awesome they are (cauz lets face it, they are awesome)

well $50 is the average price for a game so it is normal thats the amount people would feel they should pay for their entertainment, more and it already feel like they should get "deluxe" priviledges for what they are buying

i am suggesting this idea to mainly help the ones who wish to play for free and to be part of the community, however i won't deny that even for us "hunters", platinium isn't cheap, i noticed alot of reviews on metascore downgraded Warframe because of how expensive the "cash" currency was compared to most others free to play mmos

I completely agree slots are a problem. But handing out Platinum is exploitable now that Dojos are in the game. People can create new accounts, get platinum and buy Forma's for room building and use platinum to rush rooms to finish.

Inventory slots should simply disappear from the game. 

mmmmm fair point, indeed, also removing the inventory slots from the game would be nice, but i think this must have been suggested several time already (didn't checked but i'd be really surprise if it wasn't) so i can see why Dev's would decide to keep them, or maybe they are waiting for the released version to do that

in any case, it would indeed be an issue to consider, even if it would take 3 weeks and require that every single of those alt accounts were played every day, nevertheless it has to be considered

a suggestion that could slow down that process would be to add a requirement that players reach rank 30 on at least 1 warframe, 1 primary, 1 sidearm and 1 melee weapon in order to get access to the daily platinium systems,, or better idea to slow down that process but less fair for beginners, add a condition that it has to be an Alert mission (in wich case the alt accounts would be penalised by the lack of map discovery)

or to remove the forma from the researches, altough i could also see why devs wouldn't want that

^This

Alternatively they could give out a little bit of platinum at each Mastery Rank, maybe 10 or so.

This would still give f2p players some extra slots but would be less exploitable.

Alternatively they could give out a little bit of platinum at each Mastery Rank, maybe 10 or so.

This would still give f2p players some extra slots but would be less exploitable.

yes but that won't be enough to get enough slots, also people might spend those platiniums on potatoes and seal their fate if u know what i mean, mistakes can easly happend,

was at 1st thinking about suggesting to unlock slots when you rank up your mastery, but that would force people to rank up and thus force them to finish to max all the items they are currently using before being able to switch, wich can be annoying if they are using a set for wich they lack the necessary mods to make it work

Edited by Silox

yes but that won't be enough to get enough slots, also people might spend those platiniums on potatoes and seal their fate if u know what i mean, mistakes can easly happend,

was at 1st thinking about suggesting to unlock slots when you rank up your mastery, but that would force people to rank up and thus force them to finish to max all the items they are currently using before being able to switch, wich can be annoying if they are using a set for wich they lack the necessary mods to make it work

See how you use the phrase "force people". Thats bad. Bad for the product, bad for the community. Like in the current state of the game you are forced to buy platinum. I would much rather be either convinced or persuaded. Because in both of the instances, the player has a CHOICE. =)

I don't quite understand, why does not paying for a game make sense? You can do pretty much everything without paying, they need SOMETHING for people to pay for, else the game will die and so will the company. I like the game and would like it to stay around... I agree that prices are ridiculous in the shop and need to be reworked, but at the same time things that aren't necessary to be competitive shouldn't be free. The account reset is a step in the right direction, but we need trials for frames. 

I agree slots being removed though is a good idea. Colors, and anything cosmetic should however, cost money.

See how you use the phrase "force people". Thats bad. Bad for the product, bad for the community. Like in the current state of the game you are forced to buy platinum. I would much rather be either convinced or persuaded. Because in both of the instances, the player has a CHOICE. =)

yeah, i admit i went a lil extreme there, i appologise, but again i was talking about an idea i had wish i did not post for the purpose it would offer less freedom, this is a great game with great potential, and my intentions are only to help its success

I agree slots being removed though is a good idea. Colors, and anything cosmetic should however, cost money.

wich is why i am proposing such a small amount as a reward for dedication, and i precised that i wish in no way that this gets in the way of the cosmetic market

eventough allowing players who already pay for the confort of slots to get a freebie once in a while as a reward for their dedication might be motivational somewhat, kinda like a carrot on a stick, i would also like to precise that several games (mainly casual games found on iphone, androids, etc...) already use a somewhat similar system, and i doubt i'd see it so often if it didn't worked

yeah, i admit i went a lil extreme there, i appologise, but again i was talking about an idea i had wish i did not post for the purpose it would offer less freedom, this is a great game with great potential, and my intentions are only to help its success

Which is admirable.Zeal is good. Its just that when you heavily favor 1 play style others feel alienated and will leave. Someone may enjoy the mod system more then grinding weapons and frames of every variety right? I believe the emphasis should be "Play our game" not "play our game LIKE THIS"

Its a good idea. Then free to play will be viable.

Because it's not now? No, it's not like we get a really awesome game with tons of features and great game play for free and plat is only there to add to the experience. I'm kidding of course.

I think a plat a day would be very fair, but I don't think DE should do it. Lot's of people just buy a little plat and that's what keeps the game going, and like lots of people I don't want the game to stop running.

i like the idea with the free platinum.

i know a few peaople who cant buy more frames, because they dont have the money.

sure it would be exploitable as a daily reward, but i have to say...it would be the same with the normal reward.

you can get tower keys, forma etc from login, so more accounts = more chances.

With a little tweaking, this could work very, very well.
+1 from me.

Also, when 1 dude talked about it being exploitable, i agree. That's why you should be at least rank (or something) to get this. Because after that you've used up all your starter plat for either slots or sumfin and then you could start getting some of these 1/day.

Maybe this should be in only if you log in/be logged in for 7 concecutive days? So it would come with the maxed up daily rewards :P

I mean if someone levels 5 accounts to rank 5, he deserves those platinums.

Also, when 1 dude talked about it being exploitable, i agree. That's why you should be at least rank (or something) to get this. Because after that you've used up all your starter plat for either slots or sumfin and then you could start getting some of these 1/day.

Maybe this should be in only if you log in/be logged in for 7 concecutive days? So it would come with the maxed up daily rewards :P

I mean if someone levels 5 accounts to rank 5, he deserves those platinums.

then again, the exploit we are refering to concern buying forma for the dojo researches, however this is already exploiteable since accounts start with 50 platiniums, thats 2 formas for just filling the register page

but as i said before, adding some pre-conditions that require players to put a little bit of effort to unlock that privilege wouldn't hurt the system

Maybe if it only began to accrue after you have reached the 7th day of the login cycle or something like that.  If only to ensure that everyone who logs in every day isn't getting a guaranteed 1 platinum. 

while I am not to keen on the thought, I do have some feeling that in a way this could possibly work with the above quote...

i dunno though, something else is telling me otherwise

1/day would ruin their market and money income, it will never happen.

1/week seems reasonable (thinking with their mind) but it will never happen too :p

1/week eh, so for weapons slots you'll have to wait 12 weeks (3 months)..... at that point it won't even be worth to bother