Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking Back At The Ember Rework

(PSN)Chino_Feo_1337

Was it all that useful?

Quick recap:

-Base Stamina increased to 150.
-Base armour increased to 100 (125 for Ember Prime)
-Movement Speed increase.
-Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).
-World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain 5 energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).
-World on Fire has had its casting time reduced.
So all the changes are welcome except for the world on fire one. Now world on fire costs more energy total, deactivates energy siphon and works against using a fleeting expertise build. Why does it have to be a drain and a duration? I feel like world on fire was much more viable before.
These are some more changes I didn't list above. Thanks RealPandemonium!
-WoF hits 5 enemies immediately upon casting.
-WoF has 35% proc chance that scales with power strength.  
-WoF prioritizes enemies who are not immobilized by a fire proc, and perfers nearby enemies.  
-Accelerant debuff now lasts 30 seconds with base duration.  
-Accelerant acts as a cast speed buff for Ember that lasts 30 seconds at base.  
-Castspeed-buffed WoF now starts ticking damage on enemies before the timer begins, adding ~1 extra second to WoF regardless of the duration stat.
Edited by (PS4)Chino_Feo_1337

Wouldn't say its a rework, more like a touch up.

It was okay, but I agree that World on Fire change was bad, asked Scott a couple of times why that was made when other abilities that use toggle only have drain, I believe he said he would have a look at it, we can only hope.

I never really accepted it as a rework in the first place, we've seen what a *rework* is with excalibur and frost now. Ember's tweaks were just underwhelming on the whole. At first i thought you meant the thing when they removed overheat and that, you know, the 'rework'...because everything that came after that were just pushing sliders around. The changes were welcome sure, but moving numbers up and down ain't gonna fix what's wrong with Ember. 

The buff that came after those changes was significant.  List of buffs: 

WoF hits 5 enemies immediately upon casting.

WoF has 35% proc chance that scales with power strength.  

WoF prioritizes enemies who are not immobilized by a fire proc, and perfers nearby enemies.  

Accelerant debuff now lasts 30 seconds with base duration.  

Accelerant acts as a cast speed buff for Ember that lasts 30 seconds at base.  

Castspeed-buffed WoF now starts ticking damage on enemies before the timer begins, adding ~1 extra second to WoF regardless of the duration stat.

A recent nerf to headshot status damage hurt damage potential on Fireball and Fire Blast, though, as well as the removal of Fire Blast's initial damage (possible bug.)

Edited by RealPandemonium