Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tribes: Ascend Update Details!

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tribes-ascends-first-patch-in-2-years-outlined/1100-6430366/

So the devs of Tribes: Ascend has outlined what the first update in 2 years will bring for us:

Alongside a new map, the most notable change is the merging of Ascend's nine classes.

The update condenses those classes down to three core ones, similar to what was available in the older Tribes game: Light, Medium, and Heavy. Each class has nine loadouts (all of which are free) for you to customize, and all weapon, armor, and perk upgrades are now part of the respective items' base stats.

Medium-class characters can carry three weapons at a time, while the Heavy class can carry four. There is no longer a distinction between primary and secondary weapons; instead, there is a new weapon class system that divides things up into groups like launchers, rockets, shotguns, and sniper rifles, which is intended to "limit equipping of similar weapons in all weapon slots."

Other changes include making all of the original paid base class loadouts and default items from Ascend's original class system free. A number of weapons have been tweaked, including shotguns, which have been made more reliable.

I could give it another try. I loved Vengeance and I felt heartbroken when Hi-Rez decided to drop this original title in favor of Smite. I hope it takes off.

Fun fact: They stopped updates on it because of Smite but now go back to it because of how successful smite was.