Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multishot Balance

KindCollusion

Well I've basically stopped playing the game due to it's recent mastery gating and Exilus slots but I still care about it so lets talk about multishot. 

I actually like the idea of multishot increasing ammo consumption I just think that we need an equally broad and dramatic buff to accompany it. Has anyone else noticed that the reload time on nearly every WF weapon is extremely long? I think if we cut the reload time by 50% and increase the magazine size by 33% - 50% depending on the weapon multishot would be balanced. This way multishot is a new mechanic rather than a straight up nerf. That reload time is a big one, ive felt for a long time that the long reload times in this game ruin the flow of combat. 

I disagree that the reload times ruin the flow of combat; they make you think about when and where to reload.

Also, your idea really wouldn't work very nicely with some weapons, such as bows/Kulstar/Penta/Vectis

I think a better solution would be to just make the extra multishot ammo drain come out of the ammo stockpile rather than the clip: This differentiates it from fire rate further.

If they are going to make it more like a double tap, consuming our ammo 2x as fast, they should give us, universally, like 2x as much ammo reserve.....

Multi shots should read

+90% Multishot, +75% Ammo Capacity.

So, basically a Fast Trigger and Ammo Drum in one.

since they really do not have an definite plans to share on the multi-shot mods and what effect it will be, ideas i think are a good thing. and there is no guarantee that what they do will stay, after all they still need to figure out how it would effect certain weapons that have a low clip size like the vectis. i mean its a 1 shot sniper so hard to see how it could use down ammo from the magazine.i think it will take a while for them to decide on what should be done, too many factors that can effect a lot of weapons like the vectis and other low magazine weapons, plus there are mods that do reduce magazine size for reduced recoil or more damage(granted most of those mods are in PVP so not affect by multi-shot).