Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Should I Go From Here...

(XBOX)Taliare

Question

I have level 30 frames that I really enjoy (Nyx & Nova) but they aren't really all that decked out with amazing gear or anything and I'm just not really sure where to go from here to get the most bang for my time when it comes to what exactly to do to get stronger. I think I want to focus on Nova first so should I maybe work on mod farming for my weapons? which ones? I'll type out what I enjoy playing with and how far I've gotten them. 

Currently on my frame I have:

Nova build: with 11/74 points available

Energy siphon: MAX

intensify: MAX

redirection: lvl 5

stretch: MAX

Flow: MAX

Transient Fortitude: lvl 3

Steel Fiber: Lvl 4

Vitality: lvl 6

Streamline: MAX

WEAPON: Boltor (I wont post the elemental damage because it's always changing based on what I'm fighting)

Capacity: 2/60 

Serration: lvl 7

Speed Trigger: MAX

Ammo Drum: MAX

Vital Sense: lvl 2

Fast Hands: MAX

And I have a rifle ammo muation thrown on there as well

WEAPON: Orthos Prime

Capacity 0/64

Bleeding Willow: MAX

Reach: MAX

Fury: MAX

Spoiled Strike: MAX

Pressure Point: MAX

Rending Strike: MAX

Heavy Trauma: lvl 4

Berserker: lvl 4

I just don't really know where to go from here and if someone a little more experienced than me could help me out that would be amazing.

TL;DR: I'm stuck. Here's what I have. What should I get/work on. Thank you. 

EDIT: 

I'd also be willing to work on my Nyx if you think I could get her working towards endgame faster than the Nova. I love them both. <3

Edited by (XB1)Taliare

9 answers to this question

Personally, I think you should try some different weapons now.

Once you have your Go-tos, which it sounds like you do, you should branch out and experiment!

Personally I love the Tonkor, Throwing items with Hidden explosives, and some big stupid melee like the galatine where you can just merrily hack things to death.

Personally, I think you should try some different weapons now.

Once you have your Go-tos, which it sounds like you do, you should branch out and experiment!

Personally I love the Tonkor, Throwing items with Hidden explosives, and some big stupid melee like the galatine where you can just merrily hack things to death.

Or the Jat Kittag ^.^

First bit of advice I'll give- level your redirection and vitality up to rank 8. It's a good balance rank for 10 rank mods where it just starts to get expensive to level more- most bang for your buck in other words. Secondly, Nova is ALL about duration. The size of her ult, the number of her 1's particles. All that is determined by duration, not range. In fact range has next to no effect on nova at all. Your transient fortitude is really hurting her, and her stretch isn't really doing much of anything. I'd suggest swapping one of them out for a continuity. Personally I'd swap out transient, the more duration you have on her the better, and I never feel the need to have more than an intensify on her.

Next advice- as someone above said, experiment! There's tons of different weapons in this game that all have a different feel. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. There's not really such a thing as wasting resources on something. I will note that if you're trying to use nova's 2, it doesn't absorb crit damage so crit based weapons don't pair well with it, but they still work.

It may be time to start considering the rewards from visiting the Void. If you don't like farming for Void keys from missions types that drop them (like me), you can also get them from ranking up in your Syndicate. They exchange packs for them for about 25,000 reputation.

The rewards from doing Vault Runs (which require Void Keys that you corrupt), may also be worth considering, as well as helping Simaris get scans so you can get some more utility slot blueprints

Gather Forma to strengthen the more powerful weapons/frames you eventually craft from the Void or receive from your Syndicate, and you'll be set.

I never use Flow , except on Mesa. I hate that mod, I would rather leave energy laying on the ground than getting it sucked out of me by a leech eximus. I don't see why Nova would need Flow anyways. I have 2 Novas, one for T4 interception with max duration to cover all 4 areas. Another Nova with shorter MP range but higher Strength for slower enemies.

Also throw away Redirection and Vitality, use only Vigor max rank. Nova is very mobile and you can dodge, jump, slide and be the bullet dodger you always wanted to be.

For Nova you should drop Steel Fiber and think about dropping either Redirection or Vitality. There are a couple ways you can go with her. For early/mid game, your build would be pretty solid. For late game, Stretch isn’t going to do you any favours because Duration determines how far M-Prime goes, not Range. Late game slow Nova build for me is:

Energy Siphon/Corrosive Projection

Rush (Eximus – not essential but nice to have)

Redirection/Vitality - survivability

(Primed) Continuity - +Duration for M-Prime

Constitution - +Duration for M-Prime

Narrow-Minded - +Duration for M-Prime

Flow – for convenience

Transient Fortitude (rank 8) – to hit max slow %. This cuts into duration but it’s worth it.

Streamline – for efficiency

… and slot 8 can be whatever you want, because that should have your basics covered. Escape Velocity is a fun mod that works very well with high duration, low range Nova builds and can basically give everyone a 50% speed buff – it’s available through Syndicate. M-Primes that will cover entire interception missions with max speed debuff – that’s what late game Nova is all about. You should also look into making a secondary Nova build for speed – one that actually buffs enemies to make them move faster. It’s really nice for farming quick defense missions – all you need to do is go for –power strength instead of +power strength.

For your primary, you probably don’t want to Forma a Boltor so you should look into upgrading to a top-tier weapon. If you want something easy to get, pick up Soma – you can buy the BP in the market. Soma Prime is even better but is Void only. If you like the Boltor, Telos Boltor and Boltor Prime are available, through Syndicate and Void respectively. Orthos Prime is a good melee, although for Nova late-game melee doesn’t matter very much. Most of the best side-arms come from Syndicate (Vaykor Marelok) right now, although there are a lot of good choices available.

Edited by xveganrox

i'm not a fan of nyx but i can tell you some stuff about nova

take as much strength and duration as you can (don't forget effecienty, i take rank 6 Blind rage only) don't worry about range.

all you need now is to oneshot an enemy and let him explode and kill others, so you need high damage guns, mostly shotguns (i heard ppl do that) or bows, any other good weopon will still work tho but lets see another point

animatter drop deal an awesome damage, and you can shoot it to deal even more damage, if you got antimatter absorb then you can still take any wep, but if not you better take weps with high accuracy, so no shotguns unless you shoot it while it still close and ignore it after, Bows still work, Flux Rifle is awesome for that too, and any wep you like that have good accuracy will do the job : )

Note: you may not be able to take a build for both MP and Antimatter drop as the second need Range, but while taking the first sometimes you may need antimatter drop to take a heavy unit down faster at igher lvls (you see it coming and you start charging the bomb XD)

I have level 30 frames that I really enjoy (Nyx & Nova) but they aren't really all that decked out with amazing gear or anything and I'm just not really sure where to go from here to get the most bang for my time when it comes to what exactly to do to get stronger. I think I want to focus on Nova first so should I maybe work on mod farming for my weapons? which ones? I'll type out what I enjoy playing with and how far I've gotten them. 

Currently on my frame I have:

Nova build: with 11/74 points available

Energy siphon: MAX

intensify: MAX

redirection: lvl 5

stretch: MAX

Flow: MAX

Transient Fortitude: lvl 3

Steel Fiber: Lvl 4

Vitality: lvl 6

Streamline: MAX

WEAPON: Boltor (I wont post the elemental damage because it's always changing based on what I'm fighting)

Capacity: 2/60 

Serration: lvl 7

Speed Trigger: MAX

Ammo Drum: MAX

Vital Sense: lvl 2

Fast Hands: MAX

And I have a rifle ammo muation thrown on there as well

WEAPON: Orthos Prime

Capacity 0/64

Bleeding Willow: MAX

Reach: MAX

Fury: MAX

Spoiled Strike: MAX

Pressure Point: MAX

Rending Strike: MAX

Heavy Trauma: lvl 4

Berserker: lvl 4

I just don't really know where to go from here and if someone a little more experienced than me could help me out that would be amazing.

TL;DR: I'm stuck. Here's what I have. What should I get/work on. Thank you. 

EDIT: 

I'd also be willing to work on my Nyx if you think I could get her working towards endgame faster than the Nova. I love them both. <3

Corrosive and heat is a good element for a player that just want to get in and play 

Edited by (PS4)thebatmantyler

I've been trying melee only recently. I found out that if you don't have life strike, you can use your kubrow to repenish your shields using protect, while you help him survive by using pack leader. Use whatever melee (I really like dragon Nikana with status and critical/ beserker and blind justice stance) you may want a frame that has a little more health and shield though. Also ash and loki are good because of invisibility. This may not be the most effective and fastest way to kill enemies, but it is a lot of fun, and it can keep you busy for awhile experimenting with differect builds and weapons. Just don't do mobile defense or regular defense. Do survival or shorter missions.

I've been trying melee only recently. I found out that if you don't have life strike, you can use your kubrow to repenish your shields using protect, while you help him survive by using pack leader. Use whatever melee (I really like dragon Nikana with status and critical/ beserker and blind justice stance) you may want a frame that has a little more health and shield though. Also ash and loki are good because of invisibility. This may not be the most effective and fastest way to kill enemies, but it is a lot of fun, and it can keep you busy for awhile experimenting with differect builds and weapons. Just don't do mobile defense or regular defense. Do survival or shorter missions.