The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mistress Asimina (Art Gallery) Updated 4/4/2019

evergreenmind

1 minute ago, evergreenmind said:

Mistress is not the space-mom the Tenno want, but she is the space-mom the Tenno deserve.

Vote Mistress for space-mom 2017!

I wish voting was like that in America lol.

If trumpet wins we have to deal with him potentially for another eight years.

8 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

I got a question.

What's Asmina's thought on the Perrin Sequence?

Official statement? 

Mistress finds their goal of peace admirable but far fetched. Their ways to do business and dealing with threats not differ from their mother Corporation, with a single main exception; Perrin Sequence's will to work with wide range of personnel and acceptance of all type of rug-rats, including Tenno, to their ranks is however very badly received my Mistress'es opinion, as it clearly shows their lack of interest in keeping up a certain, if any, class.

Final opinion: Intelligent and powerful enough to stay politely neutral but keep far distance to them. Always refuse gifts of goodwill from them and refer to representative if wishing to communicate.

Unofficial?

They deal some real dope flora from demand. Also an excellent source to hear gossip from the Relays and how Darvo is doing.

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

swbtCoc.png

- Technically, mistress should not be wearing a Hanfu, since that is the traditional dress of Han-people of China, and her heritage is based on Manchu, who have their own traditional headdresses and clothes. But damn it looks pretty.

It`s nice to see these two relaxing sometimes. Consider this a WIP, as i might add a background of sorts to this later.

• 2 weeks later...

SgkYfVe.png

Mail time! Darvo is way too happy going through all of her messages ... who knows what he'll find ...

I declared so, that anyone interested on asking questions about our lovely Mistress can do so on my tumblr blog (link) and i'll try answering with art. Simple-dimples.

- First question was; does mistress interact with the Tenno?

Spoiler

CM1XWu1.png

Now, i have answered this (i think) before in this thread, but i'll copy here what i wrote to the blog:

- Mistress generally interacts with the Tenno in the same way others do; via comm and messages. She sees them as long-distance agents, and has no need for Tenno in her home-front. She has other people for that.

Now, since her place of  residence isn’t really a secret, and she does do a fair share of traveling, it could technically be possible (tho unlikely) for her to run into Tenno. 

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Depends on the Tenno.

Got curious? pop in the blog and leave a question by clicking "ask me anything" on top of the page.

Here's something that's been overdue a long time: Mistress and Lotus!

Spoiler

MkjzSyq.png

My lovely friend Morce0 wrote a few paragraphs to accompany this piece:

- Were they so different? One was mother to many, the other to only one; one had adopted the role, the other was the most traditional definition of it. 

They both watched from afar, trying to guide their children; they both did everything in their power to protect them; they both had ties they often wished they were without. Yet when they looked upon each other they did so with distrust, perhaps even disdain. 

Fear for their children’s wellbeing, uncertainty about the intentions of the other, hatred for what they were, kept them from being true allies: but even separate they were more than a force to be reckoned with.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest answers to questions asked regarding our Mistress! 

---

1) Is Mistress more of a kavat or a Kubrow person?

Spoiler

IYbP2a3.png

... neither.

2)  How does the Mistress feel about the Corpus/Grineer trade policies? 

Spoiler

Kt5vtQc.png

- She does not like the idea of a trade between the two factions at all. Profit is most important, of course, but Mistress always felt that it, like everything else in world, should be acquired with a sense of reason and class. Something that you clearly show you lack if dealing with Grineer.

She would be very pleased if Corpus cut down all ties with Grineer, thought that doesn’t seem likely in the near future, and as long as the ones in charge are interested in nothing but getting more credit, in any way necessary.

It’s also safe to remember, that as a wife of a well-known Board Member it’s not her place to voice her own political opinions, especially if it differs from one of her husband. Officially she stands behind any decision Frohd does.

3) Has Mistress met Syndicates?

Spoiler

gd77loO.png

- Only Perrin sequence. There is a more detailed explanation about her views on Perrin on previous comments, scroll a lil' bit up to see it.

4) Her favorite warframe?

Spoiler

wGIwc5w.png

... i thought this was obvious.

Asks are still very much open, for anyone interested. Link to my blog found from profile or from a comment few nodes up. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Drakeardian said:

What about the recent kavats? Would Asimina approve?

- "Asi look!. Since you didn't exactly .. .enjoy kubrows, maybe these kavats will be more of your taste."

- "Hmm, yes, correct."

- "Ha! Knew it!"

- "Skin it."

- "Wha-"

- " It's pelt is exquisite, it'll look perfect on our bedroom divan."

- Asi, love, i can't ..."

- " I said kill it."

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_obeboiANBc1umflspo1_1280.png

Leaving your children alone with Mistress is a risky business.

If you trust that your kids are well-behaved, no worries, but she won't hesitate for a even split second to "educate" ill-mannered offspring's.

- Despite this, it it very common for high-class mothers to come to her for advise, or outright ask her to deal with their kids. (most likely out of laziness).  Less so after Darvo took a hike, but it still happens ... she can't stand it.

On 10/6/2015 at 8:50 AM, evergreenmind said:

... Speaking of voices, i've been trying to find a actress/singer/etc, that would fit my idea of what Asimina sounds like.

It's turned out to be ... difficult. It gets very frustrating after 45 mins of listening samples from a voice actresses citing make up - ads only come to the conclusion that they ALL sound the same.

Asimina is supposed to have a low, husky, slightly raspy voice. A tone lower than your average lady but still a bit sing-y at the end of sentences (when she's happy, at least). Her manner of speech is always very calm and dedicated, like everything she says was planned out a month in advance. Her voice gets higher and brittle only when she loses her temper. I think she's a okay singer.

She tends to over due her r's, m's, t's ,h's and o's / u's a little. 

Her voice is clearest out of the Bek family, with the raspy - tone happening due to her age. Plus the obligatory radio - chitter that all characters in Warframe have. I don't think she has any strong accents.

The closest voices i've come upon are either Kaija Koo - a Finnish singer. Or @EveryllMusic from YouTube.

- The search continues. All help/tips are appreciated.

I'm all caught up on the artwork (I missed a lot). Professional, fun, and lively collection of work. Took longer than I'd thought it would, but I genuinely enjoyed the pieces. Thank you.

As for why I quoted the post above, I'd like to suggest tracking down classic film actresses. It's true everyone sounds the same now, which is part of the problem of finding a voice sample from modern actresses.

However, if you're a fan of classic film (I am, have been since I was a kid), it's a neat trick to pattern characters' speech, behavior, and looks off of classic film.

It can often add an air of class projected from a bygone era, simply because people don't speak like that anymore.

I'd recommend these actresses:

Ruby Dee (This legendary actress and activist is my number one pick. Though she was a little lady, the raspy, husky tone was also regal and intellectual. I have two samples below. One from when she was young, one from when she was older.)

Spoiler

(And no, I'm not saying anything with the content of the clips. But these are some of the best voice samples of her actual voice. In others, especially in film, she's putting on accents that cover up the quality I'm trying to present.)

Patricia Neal (I'd recommend The Fountainhead, A Face in the Crowd, and The Day The Earth Stood Still.)

Lauren Bacall (For the sake of finding the best lines/voice, you can ignore the noir parts of her work. She does have a bit of a New York/Bronx accent, but it isn't always prominent. Just find quality samples of her voice in classic films on YouTube, or if you have basic cable, you could DVR Turner Classic Film showings of her films.)

Marlene Dietrich (She's definitely German, with a German accent, but the husky quality, tone of her voice might be what you're looking for.)

Barbra Stanwyck (Her tone isn't as husky as others, and her New York accent is a bit too prominent, but I'm just going to leave her name here.)

Kathleen Turner (Not a classic film actress during the eras the above actresses were, but she has made several films which are classics now. She's older now, but even if you look up her earlier films, the husky tone in her voice is there. It's part of her trademark.)

I wanted to find clips for the others, but I'm about out of time. I can come back later and hit you with clips if you can't find them.

Edited by Rhekemi

12 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I'm all caught up on the artwork (I missed a lot). Professional, fun, and lively collection of work. Took longer than I'd thought it would, but I genuinely enjoyed the pieces. Thank you.

As for why I quoted the post above, I'd like to suggest tracking down classic film actresses. It's true everyone sounds the same now, which is part of the problem of finding a voice sample from modern actresses.

However, if you're a fan of classic film (I am, have been since I was a kid), it's a neat trick to pattern characters' speech, behavior, and looks off of classic film.

It can often add an air of class projected from a bygone era, simply because people don't speak like that anymore.

I'd recommend these actresses:

-snip-

Good to know you enjoyed the artwork, even though large part of it is old (as in i don't like it anymore) and the OP gallery's spoilers have been f'ed for some time now, i don't seem to be able to fix it ... might soon be time for full-scale renovation ...

The actresses mentioned do seem immediately lot better from what iv'e been looking through, i give you that. You are right with the air of class they possess, something one can't easily find these days.

Most of the clips i found of them still sound tad too young, but it is none the less a major improvement. I will definitely look more into (american) classic films. Ruby Dee is indeed a very good pick from you.

- I actually did mention Kathleen Turner as a example. While the clips i looked into, her voice lacks the certain class i'm looking for, she is no less amazing actress.

- Also i gave notice to Carolyn Seymour, better known as the VA for Queen Myrrah/Locust Queen from Gears of War. Her voice is near spot-on of what i have thought about.

Spoiler

I should note that the post you quoted is almost year old now. Not really anything from it has changed, though i have given some thought of the accent-part with my friend.

I am still not sure how well it would fit, but a possible angle on Mistress's voice would be for her to have very, very mild Chinese accent. As her ethnicity is based on the manchu-people.

In this case, Joan Chen, who plays Empress Chabi in Marco Polo has been my go-to voice example. her accent is very strong, way too much from what i would wish for, it is a good base, if i wish to go with the accent-route. ( i am unable to find a clip where she plays the empress, apparently YT is not keen on showing Marco Polo ...)

I hadn't actually looked at the dates, or the first post. I started from the newest posts and kept working backwards (which is why it took as long as it did).

I see now that you did indeed name those two actresses. I know Joan Chen, but haven't seen her in anything recently/I haven't seen Marco Polo. (Can't actually remember what she sounds like.) Long time me since Judge Dredd and The Last Emperor.

The only way I know to fix broken spoilers is to copy everything, dump it all in a text/notepad file, reformat it and then repost.

It's especially annoying for long threads.

This is ... rather too romantic from these two, or perhaps we just never see this side of them. 

Spoiler

tumblr_oblljoKtYv1umflspo1_1280.png

Spoiler

TBH looking at it now, it makes me think of an ending slide for a possible "romance" ending for RPG-styled game with Frohd as a PC. 

I assume "bad" and "good" endings are making snow angels in credit, and getting be-headed, respectively.