Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield Weapons

crackbeard

Should obviously block for more damage than they do. You could even add a "block meter" that works exactly like the old stamina bar but only on shield weapons. Maybe even have unique sword and shield mods that increase the block meter. I love ack and brunt theyre my favorite weapon in the game actually and theyre pretty damn good but they really have no reason to choose them over other melee weapons that simply put out more damage faster.

Personally I just don't agree with blocking being changed to DR in the first place, but at the very least shields should be blocking the most damage of any melee weapon, like 95% or even a full 100%. In fact, it would have been neat if they built a mechanic around blocking where absorbed damage boosts the damage of your own attacks.

fun fact: shields have 85% damage block, shared with heavy blades (kind of legit, huge metal bars and plates) and nikanas..nikan....

...NIKANAS? REALLY??????

that said, i really hope shields get 95% res or maybe a passive damage resistence when active but not blocking, maybe 15%

I really like your idea with absorbing damage boosting your own, i feel like that would make a cool unique mod for sword and shield. And yeah its completely ridiculous to me that any other weapon has the same blocking ability as the shield, even the heavy blades is just stupid to be honest. 100 percent blocking wouldnt even be nearly as op as people might think but giving sword and board a unique mechanic would be more likely to happen and even cooler.