Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Real Sick Of Your S#&$, Extermination

Xianyu

Okay, seriously. Give us some bloody leeway, PLEASE.

Let us extract with one or two enemies remaining in the level.

This has gotten beyond a joke at this point.

A THIRD OF ALL EXTERMINATION MISSIONS for me end with a forced quit because of enemies trapped under the geography.

This wasn't such a terrible, terrible problem back when you could quit and take your loot with you. But I found a morphics (which I am SEARCHING FOR at the moment) and a rare mod card I was looking for, on an extermination level for the infested.

And what do you know? One enemy. ONE GODDAMN ENEMY. Was stuck under the ground and completely inaccessible.

So I lost out on what is apparently a one-in-a-hundred-level rare mod drop because of some seriously S#&$ty design choices.

I get that there are bugs. I get it. You can't fix all of them.

But when the rate of extermination missions failing because of enemies trapped in scenery is this high? Give us some leeway.

Let us extract with one enemy remaining in the level. Hell, FIVE enemies left on the level would be acceptable.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's gotten really sick of this. I avoid extermination missions because of how often that BS happens, and when it happens during a FORCED extermination mission that pops up during something else, it's even MORE aggravating.

If the problem can't be fixed, for sure, with no chance of error, then give us some way to avoid it. Even if leaving enemies alive in the level means we get no bonus credits, that would be acceptable.

Stop punishing players for bugs, please.

And yes, I am mad.

Well rather than allowing us to extract with enemies still in play, enemies should just continuously spawn near the players, with an overflow number of 20 or so. An excess of 20 enemies should be enough to meet most extermination quotas even if bugs present themselves, while preventing players from becoming unnecessarily overwhelmed.

On one hand, an AoE should've been able to take care of that stuff. OTOH, you shouldn't need to pop an AoE just to kill a glitched enemy. Adding an overflow spawn sounds like a good idea. (Not that the system isn't bugged and already does it every now and then. :V)

L2uber

Most skills or melee or aoe attacks will kill enemys under terrain.

On one hand, an AoE should've been able to take care of that stuff. OTOH, you shouldn't need to pop an AoE just to kill a glitched enemy. Adding an overflow spawn sounds like a good idea. (Not that the system isn't bugged and already does it every now and then. :V)

I'm playing Vauban and I put three separate vortexes down at different spots to attempt to kill the ONE GODDAMN INFESTED in the ground.

Nope.

Alternatively, there should be something that detects whether spawned enemies haven't been engaged for X amount of time and, if yes, respawns them at a different location. That way you dont really break the immersion of the game. Otherwise the mission would be like "We need to get rid of all the alien creatures on this ship or else we're all doomed! Though you can leave a few if you want, it's cool. Not like they can reproduce or anything..."

I'm playing Vauban and I put three separate vortexes down at different spots to attempt to kill the ONE GODDAMN INFESTED in the ground.

Nope.

Tesla usually works if it's not an Ancient. Vortex doesn't. I don't know if it was actually stuck in the ground; there's a fairly common bug I'm noticing where Infested enemies will actually just turn completely invisible and intangible, and only Tesla can hit them. I know they're invisible and not under the ground because Tesla generally shoots upwards at them.

Tesla usually works if it's not an Ancient. Vortex doesn't. I don't know if it was actually stuck in the ground; there's a fairly common bug I'm noticing where Infested enemies will actually just turn completely invisible and intangible, and only Tesla can hit them. I know they're invisible and not under the ground because Tesla generally shoots upwards at them.

I didn't think of trying tesla.

I could locate the enemy from audio cues and the 'enemy is here!' marker on the map.

it was literally under the ground on the ice station map. At least a couple of metres under the ground.

Well... Here's a quick fix that might be implemented rather painlessly for everyone... Serve the level with a surplus of enemies, bigger then the ones required to complete the extermination. You have to kill 150 enemies? Set 160 enemies on the field and just call the other 10 a "miscalculation on the ship's sensor" or something. Or when the enemy counter reads 0 and you find someone, maybe something wrong happened with the counter. Hell, it might even make for an interesting gaming momment of you completely spent out on bullets having to kill that one annoying Grineer Scorpion.

It's pretty much what you asked, leeway. It also guarantees that even if one or 2 enemies gets stuck under the geography (witch happens) then your player can still easely complete your mission and just move on without even notiing your bug. And it's not even that bad on the consequences. So what if there's an extra couple of dudes after lotus said that she found no life signals? Maybe she's blind to those guys, end of story. You have bigger plotholes anyways...

You must have a really bad stike tbh, cuz I've not got a single enemy trapped during extermination missions. Some do in defense, but that's solved as easy as hitting the container with your sword.

Its happened to me extremely often, i avoid extermination missions like the plague.

Its happened to me extremely often, i avoid extermination missions like the plague.

I love it when Lotus is like 'change of plans, kill everything on the map' and then this BS happens. Ugh.

I love it when Lotus is like 'change of plans, kill everything on the map' and then this BS happens. Ugh.

Yeah, i dont know which is worse, etermination or "hack 507334863469 terminals while only using your secondary."

Yeah, i dont know which is worse, etermination or "hack 507334863469 terminals while only using your secondary."

Oh, have you ever gone into one of those missions, and when you're done, and you gotta carry the data packets to extraction, lotus is all like 'oh, while you're here, carry this OTHER data packet to the computer core :D'?

happened to me too recently. one dorr was simply shut with grineer behind it. we attracted them with shooting that door and my bf used his banshees soundquake with a max stretch mod to kill them.

actually, that happened three times since update 8...

the minimap symbol also has difficulties with the large orokin maps...

happened to me too recently. one dorr was simply shut with grineer behind it. we attracted them with shooting that door and my bf used his banshees soundquake with a max stretch mod to kill them.

actually, that happened three times since update 8...

the minimap symbol also has difficulties with the large orokin maps...

Yeah, and then there's all the people this happens to that DON'T go on the forums, and haven't replied to this thread.

Sigh.

The only time when I like an unexpected defense mission is when I'm on a rescue mission. I'm happy for any excuse not to babysit that moron through a level.