The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did This Game Just Get 100 Times Harder For Solo/casual, Or...

MisterG

Did this game just get 100 times harder for solo/casual, or did some code go funny, working out how many bad guys should be in an area (possibly because I reset my account)?

I only ask, because I reset my account, and started on the "easy levels" mercury etc, but found for most of them I only made it alive because I ran for it.

I don't know how you set up the difficulty, but on the first 3 levels of the game I was being attacked by 7-8 bad guys at once.

When I first started playing I'd usually see at most 3 in the early levels.

I'm also finding there are soo many enemies that take so many hits, that I'm having to use 1-2 pistol ammo recharges and the same rifles, just to make it through one level.

So has the game been made more difficult, or has the "difficulty" not been reset with my account, so it's thinking I am a level 30 with fully decked out kit (like I was before the reset)?

If it got harder on purpose, please change it back for earlier levels or newbies will get way too frustrated early on.

Before anyone comments on it just me being rubbish (though I probably am), When I first played the game the difficulty ramp was perfect, and the game got slowly harder as my level got higher.

Also the levels seem to be 2-3 times longer now, which doesn't help the ammo

I do believe it's a bit harder now, but i also believe you're finding it harder because you just passed from a fully rank 30 warframe/weapons to a rank 0.

I'm saying this because every time i change warframe, i make sure i start a full new set of weapons. Today i'll start my Frost rank 0 with secondary Kunai rank 0 and Dark Sword Rank 0, yet to choose the primary, probably a shotgun or something i can buy it off the market instead of crafting.

Back to topic, everytime i do this, i find the game harder, since i'm way squishier. So i believe you're on the same feeling

I do believe it's a bit harder now, but i also believe you're finding it harder because you just passed from a fully rank 30 warframe/weapons to a rank 0.

I'm saying this because every time i change warframe, i make sure i start a full new set of weapons. Today i'll start my Frost rank 0 with secondary Kunai rank 0 and Dark Sword Rank 0, yet to choose the primary, probably a shotgun or something i can buy it off the market instead of crafting.

Back to topic, everytime i do this, i find the game harder, since i'm way squishier. So i believe you're on the same feeling

I have a similar experience every time I start a new Frame.  Also, make sure you are changing to Solo and not Private or Invite.  Solo will reduce the enemies and their spawn rate.

One thing that might help you is to go to a Mercury Exterminate mission, that way the enemies and their spawns are limited.  It will help you pace yourself until you can get your gear ranked up to something a little easier to control.  Good luck to you and I hope you are able to make it!

Happy hunting.

same here. i started playing after the reset and was like: "the first system will be done within seconds" and then woosh... dead o.0

When I first started playing I havent died once within the first hours. o.0

Before anyone comments on it just me being rubbish (though I probably am), When I first played the game the difficulty ramp was perfect, and the game got slowly harder as my level got higher.

When i first placed the game the difficulty ramp was perfect.

This was before the time ppl whined together that frames should get an extra amount of shield and health just so the mods would not feel so essential. Now everybody is playing a tank.

When did you start playing exactly?

From my perspective (I started in Feb 2013), the difficulty was initially lower, and missions were of a random length: either short, or long. Difficulty has gone under several stages of readjusting, and as a result when U7 came the difficulty was a bit higher; then, when Redirection and Vitality mods became as common as they are now, the difficulty was raised consistently before undergoing a nerf shortly after. Still, the difficulty might be higher than it used to be. As for length, there has been a tweak for that as well, as they used to be very short sometimes; now they work differently, so you take longer to get to the objective and (apparently) less to get to the extraction zone.

These are, at least to me, some possible reasons for which the game seems harder than usual when playing the first locations.

When did you start playing exactly?

From my perspective (I started in Feb 2013), the difficulty was initially lower, and missions were of a random length: either short, or long. Difficulty has gone under several stages of readjusting, and as a result when U7 came the difficulty was a bit higher; then, when Redirection and Vitality mods became as common as they are now, the difficulty was raised consistently before undergoing a nerf shortly after. Still, the difficulty might be higher than it used to be. As for length, there has been a tweak for that as well, as they used to be very short sometimes; now they work differently, so you take longer to get to the objective and (apparently) less to get to the extraction zone.

These are, at least to me, some possible reasons for which the game seems harder than usual when playing the first locations.

I started just before the steam launch happened and difficulty rose nicely with each planet/level.

Now it just seems to put way too many enemies in for early on.

I know some of you have said it's starting from scratch, but it's not that simple. My daughter plays  too and didn't reset her account, but both of us struggled on the first saturn map (and in solo).

It's almost definitely way more bots at any one time 5-7 as opposed to 2-3, and possibly even harder to kill ones (at least 1 extra shot).

I just want to know if the ramped dificulty is supposed to be like that, or if the account wipe, didn't wipe the "set difficulty to" variable (or something) and it's just that my account is giving me harder levels.

What ever it is, I really hope they can tweak it back, there should always be easier levels + lower rewards and harder levels with more/greater rewards.

i do also dislike ammount of enemies spawning when i play solo. it's getting way harder to sneak up on them. i would like to see dmg / hp increase of enemies, but reducing their numbers

^^

This.

I hate that crap in Solo where you enter a room and you've got 20-30 mobs pew-pewing at you and your shields go down in seconds. Then it is like "Yaaa, how am I supposed to actually do this, again?" And you got someone in another thread whining about people "hiding behind cover" .... they want me to just run into the room and ninja flip off of walls and junk.... with 20-30 mobs shooting at me and taking my shields down in less than 10 seconds.. Just what are they smoking, anyways?

And then, Infestation... *rolls eyes*

I tried opening up some Earth missions. I start the first one which is an Infestation mission... I spawn, and very next room there's 6-8 dogs, a Healer Ancient, 4-5 Runners, and 2-3 Leapers.

........ya, no way I'm doing that solo.

Edited by Xylia