Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancient Grappling Straw Poll

RemytimeLive

I can stand the Ancients having a means to bring you closer, but I absolutely hate how they're able to use it nearly instantaneously at point blank and, in some cases, even when you're already behind them. Ancients and Scorpions should simply be unable to use their grapple attack unless you're a minimum distance away.

A visual update wouldn't hurt too, the copy-paste of the Scorpion grapple just looks kinda lazy.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

No please stop trying to make this a game with no challenging enemies. If I ever dislike a certain enemy then I make sure i'm prepared to face them. If we have no challenges then we gain no skill.

While I agree this game needs challenging enemies, I'd argue that there's a line between "challengeing" and "total bulls***" that these harpoons are dangerously close to, if not already past.

For example: the banshee from mass effect 3.

Teleporting in repeated short bursts, including through obstacles, in order to quickly close into attack range is challengeing in the good way.

Their 360 degree, instant, unblockable melee sync kill (loose control as your character is drawn into a preset animation) with no chance of revival is challenging in the bulls*** way.

I hate it because its harder to avoid than the old fast charging attack the ancients had but at the same time love it because it makes whiners that were too blind to see a towering abomination charging at them and move out of its way mad (because if I remember correctly its their fault it replaced the old fast charge attack in the first place so they deserve it).

Edited by Cabadath5

Ancients after ancients after ancients after ancients is what forces player to use Handspring, knockdown resistant abilities or recess to CC everything and cheese strategy.

Don't tell me 'you can roll' because you aren't going to roll and roll and roll and roll and roll. Add to the fact that if you mess up just once you're as good as dead