Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need "always Run" Option In The Ui (With Block Direction Rework)

Flibbertigibbety

Warframe needs an option in the UI that allows players to ALWAYS run. When enabled, it should allow players to run while on the move, and slow down to slowest speed while aiming. While shooting (not aiming), players should slow to standard walking speed. After the players is done shooting, they start running again.

I think there should also be a rework of directional facing while melee blocking. Currently, walking while blocking will always make you face forward. Running while blocking makes you face the direction that you run, not the camera. Making it so players always face the direction of the camera while blocking would allow this "always run" option to work quite well.

As a note, this is in no way the same as the current "toggle run" option, which requires you press the run button to run, and have to press it again after you shoot or aim. Holding down shift (without the toggle selected) and then shooting will actually cancel your run even while you're still holding down the run button (you have to let go and hold down again), toggling sprint at the start of the mission would do nothing at all once you shoot... even if you had an application that held it down for you (windows sitcky keys, for instance).

There is currently no solution that allows you to run at all times (in or out of the game).

Another benefit would be that you would no longer have to use a key to run. This would free up a button, which is already very much lacking on console controllers.

i dsagree, i use a controller and have no issues whtsoever with any movement

There are far more abilities in the game than there are buttons on the controllers. More might be coming (hopefully dedicated glide/ wall latch). If you don't think you could use an extra button for another ability, you're not using all the abilities.

And what's your problem with having an option that you don't even have to use if you don't want to? Many people would welcome it.

As with all the other "Always sprint" threads, I agree. Either fix Toggle Sprint or add a reliable option "Always sprint" we can enable, which returns you to sprinting after actions that force you to stop.

I find myself sprinting nearly all the time, which means either I hold the button down the whole time or, best case, press it after every time I shoot/land hard/whatever.

As with all the other "Always sprint" threads, I agree. Either fix Toggle Sprint or add a reliable option "Always sprint" we can enable, which returns you to sprinting after actions that force you to stop.

I find myself sprinting nearly all the time, which means either I hold the button down the whole time or, best case, press it after every time I shoot/land hard/whatever.

The main reason I started another "always sprint" thread was to try and address what some other people were missing... first is to make it so no option to sprint or walk is required at all via manual interaction (ie... a button). Having an options toggle that will result in a free button on your keyboard/controller. Second is to address the fact that blocking does indeed work differently depending on whether you're running or walking. If they do not change run blocking, it will be much more difficult for people to run. The alternative would be to have people walk while blocking to make sure they face forward, but that would take away functionality of people actually wanting to run and block at the same time (which you can currently do).

There are far more abilities in the game than there are buttons on the controllers. More might be coming (hopefully dedicated glide/ wall latch). If you don't think you could use an extra button for another ability, you're not using all the abilities.

I have no problem mapping all the abilities to my xboxone controller. the only things i cant do are backflip/cartwheel because i like toggle sprint and not push to sprint.

I have no problem mapping all the abilities to my xboxone controller. the only things i cant do are backflip/cartwheel because i like toggle sprint and not push to sprint.

Sooo... have an "always sprint" option would allow you to map roll (which is what makes you backflip) to the button you currently use for toggle sprint.