Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron (aiming problems)

Dullheart

Latron would be a really great weapon but there are 2 limitations

1st: You have to make alot headshots with it... thats no problem... but everytime you fire the recoil is so hard that you have to reaim! I think even the snipertron got a lighter recoil! Plz remove the recoil completly!

2nd: Semi-Automatic... Semi automatic is okay for snipers and pistols! But not for rifles! Make it full automatic...

All those increase firerate mods are useless!

AND: When you are fast repeatly pressing the mousbutton you are ruining your aim when you have to shoot at moving targets!! (just try to paint with "PAINT" a fast line while you press really fast the left mouse button)

(example:

Normal "Draw" speed http://250kb.de/u/13...BSeZnUPO1od.jpg

Fast "Draw" speed http://250kb.de/u/130119/j/rqEsRsRcDohT.jpg)

okay i fixed the 2nd problem with an nice autohotkey script that i created but i think only 0,5% of the whole player base actually use stuff like autohotkeys.

so make it fullatuomatic.

btw: Make the Burston full automatic too...

Edited by Dullheart

If you want a full automatic rifle get the Braton or Gorgon.

Latron is for sharpshooting, Snipertron is for sniping and Burston is a burst rifle, which is clearly stated in the description.

What you want, more or less, is Call of Duty in space. No recoil, no projectile speed (all weapons are hitscan there).

How about ... NO!

If you want a full automatic rifle get the Braton or Gorgon.

Latron is for sharpshooting, Snipertron is for sniping and Burston is a burst rifle, which is clearly stated in the description.

What you want, more or less, is Call of Duty in space. No recoil, no projectile speed (all weapons are hitscan there).

How about ... NO!

The other weapons got no recoil too haha so your critisim make no sense!

and btw: I think you didn't understand what i mean with full automatic...

edit: ohyeah and about your sharpshooting... the latron clipsize and reload time force you to aim well! so your critic makes really absolute no sense!

Edited by Dullheart

We could make the Snipetron full automatic as well! Wohoo!!

/irony off

Why would I want a fully automated Latron? Braton is fullauto, Gorgon is fullauto, I want a weapon with precision and damage!

I am completely fine with the recoil. My Latro is maxed out on Level 30 and I my average accuracy in missions is ~80%, moth of my hits being headshots. Since the Latro is semi-auto, you have more than enough time to reaim inbetween the shots.

Also, how the hell do you press the mouse button? :D Do you slam your hand down on it or what?^^

Leading your targets with the Latron is pretty damn easy, in my opinion. :P

The Latro can deliver extremely high damage with the right mods and is at the moment the best weapon in Warframe I've used.

...and making the Burstton fullauto... I have no words for that...

my average accuarcy is around 85% with it so what?! And with the snipertron over 90% and 60%-70% headshots... So yeah wow that you can aim too! lol

All that counts are headshots and i think you dont got 60-70% headshots with your 80% acc latron without wasting alot time aiming.

and yes make the snipertron full automatic too. does it change something with a weapon that got such small clipsize and a basic firrate of 1,7?!

I dont think so ;)

btw: i dont "slam" my mousebutton i just press it fast. if i would "slam" it like you mention it, i would have aiming problems even when i would aim at stationary targets.

edit: I just didn't saw your more aimtime argument the first time i read your critic.

More aiming time because of semi automatic? you know that you can make single shots even with guns that got an insanly high firerate?! i make it all the time with my braton and when im short of ammo. its is increasing my accuary from 55% to 80% (guess)!

Edited by Dullheart

Whoopsie, someone gets offended easily...

I wouldn't say I waste my time with aiming... If I have to choose between a headshot and 3 bodyshots, I settle for the head. I also find it fairly easy toe counter the recoil, so you can just pump out the headhots once you're lined up. :P

But a simple question: Why should they make the Latron and Burston fullauto?

If you want a quick firing weapon with no recoil, take the Braton, if you want an easier to control weapon (fullauto) take the MK-1 Braton.

Making the Latron automatic would just buff it so hard that it would be overpowered. No need for that in my opinion. :P

I wouldn't say I waste my time with aiming... If I have to choose between a headshot and 3 bodyshots, I settle for the head. I also find it fairly easy toe counter the recoil, so you can just pump out the headhots once you're lined up. :P

But a simple question: Why should they make the Latron and Burston fullauto?

If you want a quick firing weapon with no recoil, take the Braton, if you want an easier to control weapon (fullauto) take the MK-1 Braton.

Making the Latron automatic would just buff it so hard that it would be overpowered. No need for that in my opinion. :P

you start your discussion with an /irony off comment.

than you spam your critic that are directly aim toward me with alot smileys (common troll tatic)

And now you complain that i don't handle your critics with alot care. (irony again?)

and like i mention it above. my latron is already full automatic! and expect that this is increased my aiming for sidewards moving targets nothing changed!

So that finaly proofs that you don't read my stuff.

But well your nickname say it all. t®oll somewhere else

Edited by Dullheart

Tollwut is German and means "rabies". Regardless of the topic at hand, you are hostile, beligerent and infantile in your general demeanor. Dismissing someone else as a troll is not a viable debate tactic, it is a cheesy dismissal at best. You throw around the word critique (critic is a person. A job, if you will.) as if it would dismantle counter-arguments. It doesn't. Sharpshooting is a defined term. So is sniping. Whether you diagree or agree with those is irrelevant, because it doesn't make you right to have a different opinion. Additionally, if you cannot differentiate between lighthearted jokes and personal offense, I suggest you get off the internet right meow, because this is a tough place for sensible flowers.

On the topic itself: The Latron is fine. It is a semi-automatic rifle, it deals good damage and the recoil needs to be taken into account. It works as intended. If you cannot handle the recoil, learn to cope with it, don't ask for training wheels. And the firing mode is quite alright, too. The Latron is a marksman rifle, not an assault rifle.

Edited by Ced23Ric

Im looking at this thread and im laughing my &#! off. Maybe we could make the gorgon into 1 hit kills, the furax into a fist that can clean whole rooms and the bolto into a gun that homes in on enemies?

In all seriusnes we have a weapon for every need in this game. Braton for full auto, Burstron for controled more accurate but fast shooting. Latron as the dmr being accurate as hell with good damage, and the Snipertron for the realy long range stuff.

All of these weapons are perfect as they are. Everything you complain about is there for balance. Latron without recoil becomes just even better, and full auto would make it the most overpowered gun in the game. The burstron can actualy fire semi auto as you can fast fire any burst gun.

This topic is actualy useless and the only thing it does is start flame wars and trolling matches. So good sir stop the trolling and just change guns.

Yes, let's make all weapons exact carbon copies of eachother. Cause, you know... Variety is bad! /endsarcasm

I'll partially agree with you on the recoil being a bit much sometimes compared to other weapons. I feel like the recoil isn't very consistant on the Latron. Sometimes your weapon will jump up a lot. Other times it won't at all. I don't think it's a huge deal though, since you can just compensate for the recoil in most cases. More an issue of other weapons not having enough recoil from the sound of it. Removing the recoil completely would take the fun out of the shooting in my opinion. And I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

The Latron is my favorite primary weapon, exactly because it's semi-automatic. I get the accuracy of a sniper rifle, with the versatility of an assault rifle. I love it!

Semi-automatic rifles are fine in Warframe. It's your opinion that they're not okay and that is fine, they're not for everybody. Just don't force your opinion/playstyle preference on others. You don't like the way the Latron handles? Then don't use it. This is exactly why having weapons that act differently is important. Different people like different things.

If anything, I'd like to see more weapon types in the future of this game. The weapon variety of Blacklight: Retribution and Planetside 2 come to mind. Perhaps even some mods/attachments at some point after the game is out. (Silencers come to mind, though they would be of limited use). Weapons with multiple firing modes would also be awesome (just not for the Latron or Burstron since they already have specific roles).

Additionally, if you can fire just as accurately as a Latron by firing single shots on full automatic weapons, then that is something that needs to be changed. Yes, single shot fire should make full auto weapons fire more accurately, but not make them comparable to the accuracty of semi-auto weapons at longer distances. Since you didn't specify the range at which this is the case, I can't judge whether this is actually an issue or not though.

Edit: Typos

Edited by KuroiMajutsushi

I understand what this guy originally was saying he just didn't say it well. No need for everyone to start a &!$$ing match. Keep the game community friendly and maybe try to understand what his true concerns are? I think with the latron I would definitely reduce the recoil not remove it. It should feel like a semi auto sniper rifle as training for your snipertron. Right now the headshot req. for damage to keep up with a full auto is a bit hard especially in team play with everyone else drawing attention to get headshots all the time.

[...]

I dont dissmantel arguments by saying critique (aka. critc). its actually in germany (im german too) a neutral word and i think it has the same meaning in english.

About the trolling. he didnt read my stuff and he is making so called "light hearted jokes" all over his critique. instead of bringing new arguments he just trolls harder.

And you supporting his behaviour. gj!

When you read my initial post you will see how the "Hostile" behaviour of the two guys and ppl like you has drawn the attention of topic to my person itself instead to the latron. That is epic trolling! And the fact that you are drawing even more attention to me make me think that you also came just for trolling. your comment about the topic itself looks to me obsolet (the otherones already said similar stuff) and also contains again direct criticism against me as a person.

I just refuse to de-escalate every situation in a forum topic, when ppl think they can take over a thread with there "light hearted" jokes or being "hostile" i react to it and not ignoring it! I'm not a nice guy, but im not hostile or a troll. I can't say the same about you!

Yes, let's make all weapons exact carbon copies of eachother. Cause, you know... Variety is bad! /endsarcasm

Sry but i didn't read further after this sentence because of the high chance of so called "light hearted jokes" that i will missunderstood.

Btw: Sacarsm is a way to mocking someone.

[...]

Reducing the recoil would work too. removing it would maybe be a overkill.

Edited by Dullheart

Sry but i didn't read further after this sentence because of the high chance of so called "light hearted jokes" that i will missunderstood.

Btw: Sacarsm is a way to mocking someone.

You should read past it, I made an effort in being constructive. But you're apparently too sensitive to do so. This is the internet, you should expect such things and learn to live with it. The /endsarcasm literally means the end of it. I thought that was clear, but apparently not. Also, you don't need to explain sarcasm to me, I know perfectly well what it is:P

You use sarcasm yourself, but get upset when others use it against you. And you see trolls where there are none. You made a silly request in your opening post, and you got called out on said silly request. Then got treated as you treated others and got more upset.

If you still won't read what I wrote, then fine. That is your call. Just stop whining about people trolling and not being constructive when this clearly isn't the case.

I said what I wanted to say and this will be my last post in this thread as I expect it to go nowhere.

Edited by KuroiMajutsushi

Like I previously said: You are overly sensitive.

But your origin explains your choice of words and haphazard sentence structure. Not that it makes you a more amicable fellow, but at least there is some reason past your sensitivity. You proposed nonsensical changes to weapons, such as turning a burst and a semiautomatic rifle into fully automatic rifle, removing all recoil and that's silly.

but everytime you fire the recoil is so hard that you have to reaim! I think even the snipertron got a lighter recoil! Plz remove the recoil completly! so make it fullatuomatic.

btw: Make the Burston full automatic too...

In case you believe you did otherwise.

You are not being trolled. You are being a princess who's not getting her way. If you cannot live with that, I suggest you don't partake in discussions and refrain from posting anywhere on the internet. None of that is meant as personal attack or insult - you simply don't come across as a person that one could have a meaningful discussion with if you are this dismissive and discrediting.

PS: Good job.

[...]

Finaly showing your true face? And try troll really hard? like i said before GJ!

and i said "stupid" stuff because my english is very bad and i also got dyslexia. so its really hard for me to type sentence that everyone can understand.

i thought that ppl will get the basic idea behind my post. but well seem to me that i open a trolltrap with that. (and i caught beside 2little trolls a really big one!)

But to make things clear:

Fullautomatic IS NOT high firerate!

Its just a way to spare your left mousebutton to be wearout!

Semiautomatic = Press(Fire/Burst) Press(Fire/Burst)

Automatic = Press(Fire/Burst...delay...Fire/Burst...delay)

The only gameplay different is that you get a slightly higher accuarcy and your left mousebutton is living longer!

and like i said it before: I already got this Fullautomatic with every gun in the game! actually i personaly don't care if they are making every gun semiautomatic! Only the reduction or removing of the latrons recoil is concerning me really.

edit: I even got more stuff. i can switch every full or semi automatic weapon into a semi and full automatic! So i can change firemodes with every weapon i got. i just have to press "e" to do so.

Edit2: maybe i also could create a burst firemode for weapons like the braton or fast shooting semiautomatic weapons. but with a 2-5bullet fireburst.

Edited by Dullheart

The only gameplay different is that you get a slightly higher accuarcy and your left mousebutton is living longer!

I disagree there. I prefer lining up my shots and then knowing when to fire, instead of constantly firing while trying to line up my shots. That's how I play pretty much every shooter I come across and I'm quite happy with it. Semi-Auto weapons are a standart in pretty much every shooter, I see no reason for changing that in Warframe.

And I hope you didn't mean the longelivety of your mouse as a real point... These things are designed to withstand clicks and mine survived 5 years of gaming and LMB-spamming without any problems, still standing strong and without any issues.

Well, knowing you, you will declare my post as just another troll-post... *shrug*

I'll follow Kuroi and try to stay out of this topic. Discussions don't work like that. ;)

OP You can't expect to start a thread with such decisive statements in it and not have people post with equally strong differing opinions. But you can choose how to logically argue your point without becoming aggressive or insulting. No one is trolling here. Please learn to work with others or these forums won't be a very friendly place for you.

How about ... NO!

We could make the Snipetron full automatic as well! Wohoo!!

/irony off

Regardless of the topic at hand, you are hostile, beligerent and infantile in your general demeanor. [...] You throw around the word critique (critic is a person. A job, if you will.) as if it would dismantle counter-arguments. [...] because this is a tough place for sensible flowers.

[...] don't ask for training wheels. [...]

You are being a princess who's not getting her way. [...]

P.S.: God Job

Yeah right quite a nice place here! No trolling, no offensive after all and no offtopic stuff.

Its all "equally strong differing" ;)

Who exactly started to get personal? tollwut, than another guy joined him and then the offtopic was on rampage.

plz just close this thread instead of saying everything is fine here.

edit:

i even dont care about the balancing of the latron! since i got my autohotkeymacros im owning pretty well with it and i dont care if 99,5% of the playerbase dont got it.

Edited by Dullheart

I personaly think the Latron is already the best choice for the primary weapon because of the points that you pointed out in the OP. It's very accurate, allowing for easy shots to the head. I don't agree on the rest though, i think the high recoil and semi automatic fire mode are essential in making it a balanced weapon choice.

Adding a full-auto capability that outperforms the current semi-auto fire-rate would make it a machinegun outdamaging the Gorgon, which would remove the need for accurate head-shot capabilities in itself, even though that would probably still work when squeezing off single shots... but removing recoil completly... on top of that, that would just make every other weapon in the arsenal obsolete. You'd end up with a death-ray, you point it at something, and it dies.

I realy like your paint example, as that would pretty much be what we end up with. A paint-tool to remove enemies from the map. And though some might like a steep power-curve in the weapons they aquire, i prefer it if weapons remain sidegrades or only small upgrades so that a great variety of weapons, and therefore playstyles stay valid choices through all level ranges.

If a 100% accurate weapon with no recoil and full-auto capabilities should ever be implemented, it should have a very, very low damage to compensate for such tremendous advantages, otherwise it would make all other weapons obsolete. And that's why i am against turning the rather powerful Latron in such a gamebreaker.

I'd hate it if the Latron went full auto. As it is I can pick of an entire army of Infested with headshots before they ever reach me or the team. And if the team wants to go apeS#&$ melleeing, I can shoot accurately at enemies instead of them. (team mates block your bullets, right?)

I think Latron should have a little less recoil since it's for marksman. Compared to snipertron which almost has no recoil and can get the job done in a more efficient manner than Latron - I find it a bit underwhelming. My aim with snipertron is definitely better than Latron which seems to have inconsistent recoil which mess with my aim.

Gorgon need more recoil though. Full automatic LMG with almost no recoil is too good to be true.