The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void T4 Solo Paris Prime Or Dread

(PSN)JV141KingEmpanad

Question

22 answers to this question

Puncture proc reduces armour. Since you do not have 4xCP, I'd say Paris Prime. Also taking into account draw time and overall damage potential (yes yes dread higher crit but 5% doesn't matter much in this particular case due to excessive amount of armour on enemies starting from minute 30 or so)

Puncture proc reduces armour.

Nooope, but puncture damage is more effective against armor. Puncture *proc* reduces enemy damage output.

PPrime's puncture damage will have a slight advantage over the Dread. That said, the damage difference is pretty small because most of the damage will come from the elements. PPrime can build Radiation+Puncture with Piercing Caliber, which provides better bonuses against both Bombards and Gunners, while Dread has to pick one or the other to be less effective against.

So, yeah, PPrime.

Rakta Cernos is a valid option, with less direct damage from the arrows but coming with the Syndicate AoE, which can be rather useful. Depending on the build you might have higher draw time and greater DPS with a loss of consistency. At higher levels, where the AoE damage doesn't really kill anything, it's much less relevant and becomes more of a sidegrade to the other bows depending on personal preference.

Depends on the level of the enemies. A Bleed Dread (Dread modded for bleed procs) outperforms the Paris against heavy armor, but it kills more slowly at mid to high levels. When it comes to very long endless missions, however, a Bleed Dread really starts to shine, especially with headshots. Bleed damage, which ignores armor, receives the headshot and headcrit multipliers. A few months ago I was testing the Dread on a level 95 heavy gunner and was able to one-shot him (multishot headshot with 2 red crits).

Rakta Cernos is a valid option, with less direct damage from the arrows but coming with the Syndicate AoE, which can be rather useful. Depending on the build you might have higher draw time and greater DPS with a loss of consistency. At higher levels, where the AoE damage doesn't really kill anything, it's much less relevant and becomes more of a sidegrade to the other bows depending on personal preference.

the blight proc becomes more effective with enemy levels, because it halves their HP.

not usre about the charged damage too - is wfbuilder bugged, or the rakta cernos has the same damage charged/not charged?

build:

serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, stormbringer, infected clip, shred

+ hammer shot on the dread

+ rank4 critical delay on the rakta cernos

the damage is:

9516 on the dread non-charged

19032 charged

15687 on the cernos both charged and non-charged (according to the wf builder)

i suspect that the 15687 is the charged damage, but i'm not sure

Depends on the level of the enemies. A Bleed Dread (Dread modded for bleed procs) outperforms the Paris against heavy armor, but it kills more slowly at mid to high levels. When it comes to very long endless missions, however, a Bleed Dread really starts to shine, especially with headshots. Bleed damage, which ignores armor, receives the headshot and headcrit multipliers. A few months ago I was testing the Dread on a level 95 heavy gunner and was able to one-shot him (multishot headshot with 2 red crits).

can someone show me a bleed dread build.

also are the mods piercing caliber and fanged fusillade good in Paris prime and dread respectively?

thanks for the responses btw

can someone show me a bleed dread build.

also are the mods piercing caliber and fanged fusillade good in Paris prime and dread respectively?

thanks for the responses btw

Here you go:

gkOhkf3.png

This is an anti-armor Dread build. Fanged Fusillade greatly increases the slash proc rate due to how physical damage is weighed against elemental for status chance. Lowering the corrosive damage relative to slash and boosting the status chance makes enemies bleed non-stop.

As for Piercing Caliber/Fanged Fusillade on bows, I'd say Fanged Fusillade is worth it, while Piercing Caliber is not. PC, even though it will give you more damage per shot, will cause the Paris to proc puncture a lot more, which is somewhat useless compared to corrosive. With a dual stat elemental mod that boosts your 180% corrosive damage, you'll deal only a bit less damage per shot, but you'll also proc corrosion a lot more. If the enemies are taking up to 2-3 shots to die, PC is worth it. Past that point, I'd go for something like High Voltage or Malignant Force in its place.

EDIT: You don't need that many formas on the Dread for the build I shared.

Edited by stoybot

I personally would swap out the High Voltage for Rime Rounds making Viral instead of Corrosive, because the Corrosive proc doesn't do anything for bleed damage, which already ignores armor. The Viral proc makes the bleeds twice as effective.

As for FF, if you don't have it replacing it with Hammer Shot would work well; adding extra overall status chance instead of just making Slash more likely.

The problem with a Bleed build is that you generally end up taking multiple shots to get enough bleeds stacked to kill a high value target, and then have to wait ~7 seconds for the Bleeds to tick off, meaning that you're either wasting a lot of ammo shooting things that are going to die from the bleeds or you're standing around getting shot at while waiting for the bleeds to finish ticking. Either way, it doesn't work very well for most frames, and it's tough to maintain a high enough kill rate to keep a survival going.

By the time you reach the point where damage-focused builds stop doing the job, you're prettymuch at a point where bows don't do so well compared to other weapon types - you no longer need spike damage, but need sustained DPS to burn down enemy targets.

Edited by Darzk

I personally would swap out the High Voltage for Rime Rounds making Viral instead of Corrosive, because the Corrosive proc doesn't do anything for bleed damage, which already ignores armor. The Viral proc makes the bleeds twice as effective.

As for FF, if you don't have it replacing it with Hammer Shot would work well; adding extra overall status chance instead of just making Slash more likely.

The problem with a Bleed build is that you generally end up taking multiple shots to get enough bleeds stacked to kill a high value target, and then have to wait ~7 seconds for the Bleeds to tick off, meaning that you're either wasting a lot of ammo shooting things that are going to die from the bleeds or you're standing around getting shot at while waiting for the bleeds to finish ticking. Either way, it doesn't work very well for most frames, and it's tough to maintain a high enough kill rate to keep a survival going.

By the time you reach the point where damage-focused builds stop doing the job, you're prettymuch at a point where bows don't do so well compared to other weapon types - you no longer need spike damage, but need sustained DPS to burn down enemy targets.

I'm not really sure to use a dread bleed build with corrosive or viral. Reason being I haven't really looked into what viral does and I know a lot of people use corrosive heat/cold in the void.

I'm not really sure to use a dread bleed build with corrosive or viral. Reason being I haven't really looked into what viral does and I know a lot of people use corrosive heat/cold in the void.

Usually people use Corrosive for direct damage, because it has better damage multipliers against Heavy Gunners and Ancients. However, Viral would probably be better for a status build with bleeds.

Viral damage on a build that procs the elemental damage only about 13% of the time a status is applied; on a weapon with a low fire rate like a bow no less... If you had actually used it, you'd know that you rarely see elemental procs on this build. Indeed, if the elemental proc was more reliable, I'd actually equip radiation instead - helpful for when you can't find the hidden Ancient quickly or if you want to draw fire away from yourself. OP asked about T4 solo, and as a solo player, you'll rarely reach the point at which viral outperforms raw damage - assuming the recent changes to viral didn't turn it into a garbage proc, which I haven't had the time to confirm yet.

The corrosive damage is to help deal with the biggest bullet sponge in the void - bonus damage against Ancients is also quite nice - and the damage you deal, particularly with headshots, is not insignificant at all compared to viral. Yes, bleed is your primary damage-dealing mechanism, but to kill faster you want every shot to count. True, you do end up using more ammo than is necessary to kill an enemy, but you're still firing far fewer shots compared to a Paris - and you also kill much faster.

As for kill rate, I used to do 1h T4 solo survivals with this build and dying was a bigger problem than running out of life support. I'd never attempt a 1h T4S with a Paris Prime. In fact, the Bleed Dread used to be one of my favourite anti-armour weapons before I discovered the Tysis (and got bored of bows).

Lastly, I have no idea what you're talking about with regards to bow DPS. Whether you're applying low damage quickly or high damage slowly doesn't matter in sustained DPS calculations - factoring in the ratio of damage versus application time is the whole point of sustained DPS measures. Need I remind you that the Rakta Cernos is one of the highest sustained DPS weapons in the game? I haven't come up with a good formula for red-crit sustained DPS, but from testing against level 100 enemies, the Dread seems to perform as well as some of the other top-tier weapons. Mind you, it isn't a Vaykor Hek, but it still kills very fast and has a pretty good ammo economy.