Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Praetora; The Strategist, The Defender [Original Operator Art Update Nov. 20th]

Rehtael7

Just now, Rehtael7 said:

Because that doesn't synergize with the rest of her kit at all.

The idea behind it is that it's an ability which is useful in its function regardless of whether or not she has her armor on, and it allows her to fight on the go. Aggro pulls don't really work in Warframe, at least not the way they need to.

Ah, didn't think of that. Thanks!

On 7/3/2016 at 7:25 PM, Rehtael7 said:

I'd rather have them not scale for now, then when enemy scaling is fixed/ adjusted to not suck, I'll consider a revision.

Okay. (But I have a name for the future...Enduring Aegis: Deployables always scale to enemy levels, or something.)

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

I'm wondering what Praetora would look like in an alternate color-scheme.

We went through a lot of different schemes while deciding her default. She looks good a lot of different ways, but most of what we initially tried looked more like player-selected palettes than the frame's stock color choice.

16 hours ago, Rehtael7 said:

We went through a lot of different schemes while deciding her default. She looks good a lot of different ways, but most of what we initially tried looked more like player-selected palettes than the frame's stock color choice.

Ah, cool. Were I to actually build her, the reds would be black, and the green a deep, royal blue (or vice versa), the gold and silver/gray would remain, at least on a first attempt to recolor her. 

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Basic_Impulse said:

This is an extremely cool concept, I like how it's gone like you've taken all the defensive capabilities of chroma and mixed them with the utilities of Vauban, also she looks so cool, so much mapping though with all the removable parts

I think that the mapping can be simplified, but also to get the same effect. Like chroma when he uses effigy he doesn't pull his pelt off, it more like vanishes then materializes. something similar to this could be utilized for the same effect with Praetora. It is also brought to mind the Turrets from the Xiphos, whenever you summon them a small sphere appears (As with all ship charges) and then the item itself appears. 

If an effect like this could be used with Praetora, like she removes a piece, well what I picture happening in my mind animated, is she takes a brief stance and thumps her chest like a real praetorian in battle to not only appear intimidating but as sort of an activator of which part goes out to where you are targeting. Then that piece launches itself and or however and deploys wherever she wants it to go, and she goes on her merry way slaughtering enemies. 

Also, on a side note the little lore blurb, Is freaking amazingly accurate, I can picture the narrator for the prime access videos and other trailers n such speaking that paragraph as like a recalling of the past. I got freaking goosebumps man D:<!!! 

The MOST, and I repeat MOST AMAZING thing I love about this frame and why I want to have her as a part of my army, is that for a long time, and I may have said this before but; There if no female Rhino, no female frame that can both take and dish out a beating of epic proportions. Now I know you may say well what about Valkyr, or Saryn, or (Insert Female Frame of your choice here). I get that but to me, Praetora, can take and dish out the beatings, Without moving from a single spot, she is powerful, she is heavy, she is a MOUNTAIN!!!! That is the biggest aspect of her that I love. 

I Still stand that if one FanFrame gets made, I want it to be Praetora. 

43 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Ah, cool. Were I to actually build her, the reds would be black, and the green a deep, royal blue (or vice versa), the gold and silver/gray would remain, at least on a first attempt to recolor her. 

That was actually one of the palettes we tried, but like I mentioned earlier, it looked like something a player would select. The colors were too vibrant in comparison with other frame default palettes, even if it did look pretty cool. The NC in me was digging it.

48 minutes ago, Tactical_Fatty said:

I think that the mapping can be simplified, but also to get the same effect. Like chroma when he uses effigy he doesn't pull his pelt off, it more like vanishes then materializes. something similar to this could be utilized for the same effect with Praetora. It is also brought to mind the Turrets from the Xiphos, whenever you summon them a small sphere appears (As with all ship charges) and then the item itself appears. 

If an effect like this could be used with Praetora, like she removes a piece, well what I picture happening in my mind animated, is she takes a brief stance and thumps her chest like a real praetorian in battle to not only appear intimidating but as sort of an activator of which part goes out to where you are targeting. Then that piece launches itself and or however and deploys wherever she wants it to go, and she goes on her merry way slaughtering enemies. 

Also, on a side note the little lore blurb, Is freaking amazingly accurate, I can picture the narrator for the prime access videos and other trailers n such speaking that paragraph as like a recalling of the past. I got freaking goosebumps man D:<!!! 

The MOST, and I repeat MOST AMAZING thing I love about this frame and why I want to have her as a part of my army, is that for a long time, and I may have said this before but; There if no female Rhino, no female frame that can both take and dish out a beating of epic proportions. Now I know you may say well what about Valkyr, or Saryn, or (Insert Female Frame of your choice here). I get that but to me, Praetora, can take and dish out the beatings, Without moving from a single spot, she is powerful, she is heavy, she is a MOUNTAIN!!!! That is the biggest aspect of her that I love. 

I Still stand that if one FanFrame gets made, I want it to be Praetora. 

Thanks for the kind words! As for deployment, I think that the best route would come down to testing. I prefer the pre-animated method, but if it's easier to accomplish a more simple deployment system, then that's that.

And feel free to show some love to her tag-team partner Ushtar:

Rhek and I have been bouncing off each other in the best of ways with our respective fanframes.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Basic_Impulse said:

This is an extremely cool concept, I like how it's gone, like you've taken all the defensive capabilities of chroma and mixed them with the utilities of vauban, also she looks so cool, so much mapping though with all the removable parts

Thanks for the comment. I've actually never used Vauban or Chroma (I only use female frames for RP reasons.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Her appearance was mostly the work of Evergreenmind AKA Undergroundwubwubmaster.

22 hours ago, Rehtael7 said:

That was actually one of the palettes we tried, but like I mentioned earlier, it looked like something a player would select. The colors were too vibrant in comparison with other frame default palettes, even if it did look pretty cool. The NC in me was digging it.

Interesting, and makes sense.

Thanks for the shout out. 

3 minutes ago, thewolflord said:

Really love this concept.

Only issue, and that has already been raises, but the leg armor power doesn't seems as useful considering how mobility oriented frames are.

Thanks. She was made at a time when players often had to spend long stretches of time in T4Ds and camping safe zones in T4Ss, always stuck inside frost bubbles. I'll consider adjusting her leg armor to be more flexible, keeping in mind that by not using her leg armor ability, she retains a large portion of her defensive strength.

yea, that is a great tactical choice for her. What I mean is purely what it does when removed. If it is in a frost bubble, does it really need extra cover?

Maybe instead give a boost to shooting, a damage bonus, or just throwing this out there, make any elemental damage proc its status to nearby enemies.

For example, if you have rad, and hit an enemy, procing the status effect, nearby enemies would be procced as well.

Just now, thewolflord said:

yea, that is a great tactical choice for her. What I mean is purely what it does when removed. If it is in a frost bubble, does it really need extra cover?

Maybe instead give a boost to shooting, a damage bonus, or just throwing this out there, make any elemental damage proc its status to nearby enemies.

For example, if you have rad, and hit an enemy, procing the status effect, nearby enemies would be procced as well.

Ideally she could be a strong alternative to Frost. Though the leg armor provides less coverage, it reflects incoming fire similarly to shatter shield, and can be fired through from all angles by friendlies.

I don't want to have shooting through them give a damage bonus for two reasons:

1) Her turret allows you to combine the DPS of your primary and secondary (Or melee), and divide your attention.

2) Volt's shield does that.

Plopped in a 4th augment. This one's for the turret. In theory the augment will make the turret more vulnerable in some situations, while also boosting its damage and accuracy.

PS: Still trying to think through a new 1st ability.

Edited by Rehtael7

Just now, Dozonto said:

OK THAT IS AWESOME

Thanks. This is kind of what I'm getting at. Sort through the ideas yourself. Figure them out ENTIRELY on your own, then post them when they're done and get feedback on the finished draft of your concept. Take that feedback and work it into the next iteration of your concept.