Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hardest Boss So Far?

LABAL

@ RaffArundel - Yeah it's very situational in the game right now as you already highlighted in your comments above. It's kind of like how do you make a boss hard? Do you make different phases or do you make him a bullet sponge. If you make him have multiple phases, is that really making him harder or just prolonging the inevitable? If you make him a bullet sponge, yes he technically becomes harder to kill but he also becomes extremely grindy and boring to fight. It's hard to build a well-balanced boss that is challenging to the player and is still fun to play at the same time. But even when you manage to create a boss like that I think experienced players will figure out a way to equip themselves properly and once again make him an easy target to kill.

It's like the Stalker kind of - When I first fought him, I thought this guy was ingenious and hard to beat. Now I pretty much one-shot him every time he shows up. So I think the matter of difficulty in terms of bosses or mini-bosses are only relative to where the player is him or herself. Once you pass a certain threshold, really most things aren't 'difficult' anymore (with the caveat that it's a new thing, that you haven't fought before. That could for obvious reasons be challenging).