The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Hacking System

Tenedranox

In the orokin buildings all is about keys, u have obviously the void keys u have the dragon keys for voids and so on. SO why not implementing a new hacking system which is also about keys...somehow.

My idea is that u have to turn and twist a 3D model out of dots and lines, just like a molecular model, so that it fits into a socket.

Here i did a quick painting with paint, doesnt look great but i hope u got the idea.

6ndTiJL.png?1

The first socket is the model turned to the right or left, the second is front view and the last is the top view, got it?

So its a bit hard to explain....but if u get it, dont be afraid of posting a better explanation ^^

What do u think about it? Put ur feedback down below.

cool idea, but you should consider how many times you actually hack in the void? almost never, barely does anyone hack, only in beginning of survival missions..so unless they do something abou that-increasing gametypes and all, i doubt they can implement this

That would be way too difficult. I like the idea of creating something to fit, but the 3D model sounds way too complicated for a minigame of sorts.

I got to agree with this. The Hacking minigames should be challenging, but this

Perhaps instead we could get a memory game of sorts? Have certain Orokin symbols flash up one by one in a randomized pattern and players have to remember and choose the right pattern. Like the hacking minigame in Shadowrun Hong Kong

But without the simon-says part of it beforehand.

That provides a challenging little tidbit for it while not being overbearing - and since hacking in the void is almost non-existent as it is it doesn't NEED to be anything as complex or tricky as pattern lineups or Grineer bop-it.

Edited by Morec0

That would be way too difficult. I like the idea of creating something to fit, but the 3D model sounds way too complicated for a minigame of sorts.

Do u mean it would be too much effort for just a minigame, or du mean that its so difficult to solve? For myself it seem pretty easy when the structure isnt getting much much bigger. Also its getting repetitive after some tries like the corpus hacks atm, so u just have to get used to it.

cool idea, but you should consider how many times you actually hack in the void? almost never, barely does anyone hack, only in beginning of survival missions..so unless they do something abou that-increasing gametypes and all, i doubt they can implement this

Thats actually something i didnt thought about O.o well but when there will be more hacks = here is the idea for it ^^

I got to agree with this. The Hacking minigames should be challenging, but this

Perhaps instead we could get a memory game of sorts? Have certain Orokin symbols flash up one by one in a randomized pattern and players have to remember and choose the right pattern. Like the hacking minigame in Shadowrun Hong Kong

But without the simon-says part of it beforehand.

That provides a challenging little tidbit for it while not being overbearing - and since hacking in the void is almost non-existent as it is it doesn't NEED to be anything as complex or tricky as pattern lineups or Grineer bop-it.

For myself this memorygame thing looks much harder tho...... ^^

And it should be challenging, not that much as grineer hacks but much harder than corpus.

Have i explained it not detailed enough or why u all think its too hard? Or is it just me who think thats easy.......i dont wanna be

conceited, but thats how i think about the difficulty when it stays in the same level as the construct above.
Edited by Dragonblack175

In the orokin buildings all is about keys, u have obviously the void keys u have the dragon keys for voids and so on. SO why not implementing a new hacking system which is also about keys...somehow.

My idea is that u have to turn and twist a 3D model out of dots and lines, just like a molecular model, so that it fits into a socket.

Here i did a quick painting with paint, doesnt look great but i hope u got the idea.

6ndTiJL.png?1

The first socket is the model turned to the right or left, the second is front view and the last is the top view, got it?

So its a bit hard to explain....but if u get it, dont be afraid of posting a better explanation ^^

What do u think about it? Put ur feedback down below.

so like dungion keys in loz skyward sword? That isn't a bad idea.