Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think Primes Have A Place In Conclave Pvp?

(XBOX)YoAlaskaDude

It's a topic I've been thinking about for some time. While there are some primes that are not as OP as they would be in PvE, they're are some that have slightly higher stats than there counterparts but could also be considered game changers (I'm looking at you Frost Prime).

So like the topic says, do you think primes has a place in PvP?

Honestly, I would have treated Prime weapons (and other variants) as simple reskins (with extra polarities), for the purposes of Conclave, but DE have done a decent job of balancing them against their standard counterparts.

In the case of Prime Frames, I do think that the straight upgrades are completely unbalanced. Shields, energy and health are all the same, but the armour bonuses are a bit ridiculous as they do give a noticeable advantage, and the movement speed increases on some of them is a very big deal.

Edited by Kthal

Honestly, I would have treated Prime weapons (and other variants) as simple reskins (with extra polarities), for the purposes of Conclave, but DE have done a decent job of balancing them against their standard counterparts.

In the case of Prime Frames, I do think that the straight upgrades are completely unbalanced. Shields, energy and health are all the same, but the armour bonuses are a bit ridiculous as they do give a noticeable advantage, and the movement speed increases on some of them is a very big deal.

I can relate to this. Prime Frames should have their stats lowered to the stats of there counterpart... for PvP of course.

It don't make any sense to make Prime weapons less power full. That's what they are prime for to begin with.

This is also the one big reason I don't play Conclave, because it takes a big dump on everything in the game. A Dikana equalling a Skana or a Soma Prime equalling a braton, that's just ridiculing the game.

Of course they do.

Primes are just as much part of this game as the conclave is.

And I don't think that their stats need to be lowered to that of their non prime counterparts either, provided that they are at least balanced for pvp use.

People game hard for some of those prime weapons and they deserve to be able to enjoy the slight upper hand that comes with that hard work.

Just for bling purposes and nothing more, anything else is a unfair advantage not designed for PVP as of yet. Sure you could design something for them but in a PVP the rules are much different than in PVE, on a fairness aspect at the very least. But I'm sure something could be done if taken with care.

Edited by Monybags33

Primes should be only cosmetic in PvP. PvP is about player skill, not who has the most time/best gear. In fact primes being superior in PvP is extremely unfair to new players, because some primes are unavailable in the void such as Frost, Mag and soon to be Ember.

Edited by (XB1)The Dracoknight

If you have earned a prime, you should be able to use it in pvp. It's stats should be different than its counterpart.

Why would you not reward players for building primes?

"Earned" I think is the wrong word. Farm is a far better word. Until DE can find a way to actually "earn primes" through some sort of challange I think primes should be as equal as any its unprimed counter part in pvp.

Edited by Vaxillian

"Earned" I think is the wrong word. Farm is a far better word. Until DE can find a way to actually "earn primes" through some sort of challange I think primes should be as equal as any its unprimed counter part in pvp.

"Earned" or "Farmed" same thing as far as video games go.

In every other MMO I've played you grind for gear, or honor, or rep etc. Primes (frames or otherwise) & Prisma, & syndicate, IMO, are pretty much the same thing: end game gear that you as a player have spent time earning/farming/grinding. Therefore, you should be able to reap the benefits of using it in any game mode PvE or pvp.

If players have issues with others using end game gear in pvp, then they probably don't have the gear.

Otherwise, if you don't want to use it for whatever reason, don't use it. Why does what someone else chooses to play affect you, if you yourself can earn that exact same gear, excluding Excalibur Prime.

On a final note, don't blame the frame, blame the one doing the driving. ;P

Again, these are just my opinions, not trying to tell others how to play!

"Earned" or "Farmed" same thing as far as video games go.

In every other MMO I've played you grind for gear, or honor, or rep etc. Primes (frames or otherwise) & Prisma, & syndicate, IMO, are pretty much the same thing: end game gear that you as a player have spent time earning/farming/grinding. Therefore, you should be able to reap the benefits of using it in any game mode PvE or pvp.

If players have issues with others using end game gear in pvp, then they probably don't have the gear.

Otherwise, if you don't want to use it for whatever reason, don't use it. Why does what someone else chooses to play affect you, if you yourself can earn that exact same gear, excluding Excalibur Prime.

On a final note, don't blame the frame, blame the one doing the driving. ;P

Again, these are just my opinions, not trying to tell others how to play!

I can see what you're saying but the way I see it is that players that put more time into mindless grinding to get better gear rather than actual practice into something that proves to be difficult shouldn't be stronger.