Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Plat Price Unfair

Rabcor

Potato and Forma cost the same.

Forma gives you up to 7 mod capacity (unless theres a mod that costs 16 to insert, it'll give you 8 if that's the case)

Potato gives you up to 30 extra mod capacity.

Forma is also a lot more troublesome to insert than the potato. Forma should only cost 5-10 plats in my opinion.

Added: Although i always hoped that we'd be able to do this stuff for free after hitting level 30... that would also have been pretty fair.

Edited by Rabcor

Even with a potato, it's impossible to mod out some weapons ideally, forma helps to allow players to max out every mod they'd like to add.

Though, I hadn't thought of this before, is forma only usable once per weapon?

EDIT:
nope, you can use it as many times as you like, provided you level it to 30 each time.

So that means that forma literally doubles mod slots as well, it just takes more time and money, but honestly, I think that's fair, you shouldn't be able to perfect a weapon for free.

Edited by NotaCobra

The way it is now, Forma is a rather useful utility resource... but if it has so many more uses than other orokin materials, why is it so rare?

In order to be viable in every aspect, it has to be equally plentiful to fulfill the roles decently. It isn't though and that is the issue everybody's having with it. It's too rare and too expensive to have a place in everything. It's current cost and scarcity market it along the same lines as reactors and catalysts, which do the same thing as each other but are more specific as to the type of equipment they are used for. Forma is too general in its uses for its cost and lack of bountifulness. And if it were to become common enough to fulfill the role it currently has, the cost would have be significantly lowered; no more than 7 platinum.

As it is now, it's just fine for weapon and frame polarizing; but as a construction requirement, it's disappointingly ridiculous as a limiting resource for all clans. Not just for small ones, but especially for them.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

Even with a potato, it's impossible to mod out some weapons ideally, forma helps to allow players to max out every mod they'd like to add.

Though, I hadn't thought of this before, is forma only usable once per weapon?

EDIT:

nope, you can use it as many times as you like, provided you level it to 30 each time.

So that means that forma literally doubles mod slots as well, it just takes more time and money, but honestly, I think that's fair, you shouldn't be able to perfect a weapon for free.

Can be used again meaning that it should be used multiple times and therefore should cost less than potatoes.

It's elementary math in the end. Forma optimally grants 7 capacity, rounded down 1/4th of what potato gives. Math says it should cost 1/4th of what potato costs, 5 plat.

Also, forma requires releveling of polarized equipment, which potato does not.