Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exciting New Mods!

krisp

IbXBTQY.jpg

DE

If ALL of the enemies, hazards and traps did exclusively fire damage

I still would not touch this mod.

What do you have planned that could possibly justify a 9 drain mod slot worth 12% fire resistance?

I was thinking that too... dont see the point of any of the elemental mods. *shakes head* Its like the $&*&*#(%& stepchild of redirection/steelfiber/vitality

Edit= The picture sure looks cool though! Am I right?

Edited by unmog

Y'know what's more useful than a measly 12% damage reduction? 240% more shields, or 320% more health. Both available for the same cost. Heck, Steel Fiber probably mitigates more damage on some frames...

Edited by Yastin

it is perhaps useful in pvp to get a slight edge

Because pvp balance is so tight that a 12% reduction of... Ember's damage (and let's not forget the most-probably useless in pvp flamethrower) will make a world of difference.

Yeah, also the frost resistance is so redundant, the only thing i do when playing high lvl missions and having frost is restarting, if it would only raise drop rate or exp i would be in but why take iced maps when you get no reward for the higher difficulty?

Because pvp balance is so tight that a 12% reduction of... Ember's damage (and let's not forget the most-probably useless in pvp flamethrower) will make a world of difference.

why areyou lready talking about pvp balance, dont you get that this is a friendly duel mode? if people are starting to make pvp-layouts for their frames and when DE starts to add rewarded and counted pvp this game is gonna be so pay2win... why dont you just stop? =( 

why areyou lready talking about pvp balance, dont you get that this is a friendly duel mode? if people are starting to make pvp-layouts for their frames and when DE starts to add rewarded and counted pvp this game is gonna be so pay2win... why dont you just stop? =( 

I'm afraid he was employing sarcasm...

Chill out, I'm not advocating pvp.

I thought the frost one was supposed to reduce the amount of shield loss on cold maps, or is that a separate mod.

That's a separate mod called, "Warm coat". It maxes at 15% if my friend's to be believed. So, still useless.

the resistance should cap at 75-90% or something

this is bs

i only want them as collectables if anything

Even at 75~90%, I'd only take the Poison one. It does a world of betterment, reducing those damages from Toxics. If you are trying to build up your melee weapon's rank that is.

Edited by matrixEXO

I got the cold resistance one, insulation its called, and I was reacting the same way, 5%, that's a waste of mod slots that could be used for, well, anything else and still give a better bonus, its a really pointless mod to equip atm as it has no use that I can see other than the negation of 5% shield loss per mod rank, maybe something is planned for the future we don't know about yet but atm its a truly useless mod, if I get a cold mission, I play it, I don't abandon it, the lower shield means its more difficult if its high level

I got the cold resistance one, insulation its called, and I was reacting the same way, 5%, that's a waste of mod slots that could be used for, well, anything else and still give a better bonus, its a really pointless mod to equip atm as it has no use that I can see other than the negation of 5% shield loss per mod rank, maybe something is planned for the future we don't know about yet but atm its a truly useless mod, if I get a cold mission, I play it, I don't abandon it, the lower shield means its more difficult if its high level

Insulation is different from Warm Coat. Insulation reduces Ice damage while Warm Coat reduces the shield loss amount.

XD i have a clan member saying that he's going to be the GOD of pvp with those mods XDXD, he even said the rest of us noobs when we told him  that they where insignificant.

Gonna enjoy burning his bones with my ember :P

Edited by Fownie

Warm Coat sounds useless, because the mitigation of shield loss isn't worth always having it on. You can't tell if a mission will be iced' or not until you're in it. At that point you can't swap mods. 

It's statistically insignificant. 

I think it's possible that DE might be shifting map designs to have certain key effects onto players, like how the Frost Prime is affecting Orokin sets.

Corpus Frozen Planet causing constant Icing and reducing shields would make it work nicely as a form of "Do I want to bring it for this tileset or not?". Numbers still need improvement though.

Edited by matrixEXO