Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy Character & Mob Concept] Tengus And The Centuria : Machine-Health Faction

FoxFX

Akushin Arc Walker

kYVGgal.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery

DESCRIPTION: Small ground drone that opens its tube container firing an arc of ELECTRIC attacks to deal chain damage to unwary foes. HEED WARNING: when they travel in a swarm of 4, within range they create Telsa Links that will deal Slash damage to anyone that touches them. Deal with them swiftly before they swarm among you.

This is good! This is something we are missing in game! The infested has their little swarms but not corpus nor Grineer! :-D

Akushin Trapper

joq4izw.jpg

DESCRIPTION: Operatives have reported these things crawling on ceilings and walls firing Stug rounds out of their opened shells dealing explosive Corrosive damage. They have also mentioned them firing a Stasis Field slowing down their preys. Watch your surroundings! Tengus has surely designed these things to deal with the agility of the Infested.

Edited by FoxFX

Akushin Brute

avYhVWb.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery & Alloy Armor

DESCRIPTION: Devastation lays in wait for anything in front of these titans. A body given to the most aggressive of Grineer, the Akushin Brutes wield mini-gun variants of Kohm and Drakgoon to blast away their oppositions.

Players can fire at their weapons to jam their guns. Be warned though, once their guns no longer work they throw their useless weapons at the enemy for Impact damage and proceed to charge openly at them with punching combinations and ground slams. These things do not know when to give up.

Akushin Recon

F9StbYB.jpg

DESCRIPTION: Flies around the area sending in support to the Akushin. Once it opens up both wings, Akushin within a certain area receive regeneration of their vitality thanks to the Akushin's microbots dispersed in the area repairing them. Best to take these out if you wish not to prolong the fight.

I am currently working on the drones and bots that works with the Akushin. I've also been working on a bot that also acts like a pseudo-Ballistic Turret.

Keep an eye out for newer art pieces to come.

As for the reason of the artwork resembling kinda like the Grineer, this was on purpose to remind what they used to be. Part of the lore behind them is that Tengus has invited Grineer troopers to transplant their brains into the Akushin to serve as an immortal body for the Queen. After all, one of the issues behind the Grineer is their bio-deterioration. It would make sense if some of these Grineer would want to avoid that fate despite being clones.

Okay, that's interesting. They could have a Corpus "hat" mechanic, where when you shoot off their helmets, you don't see a head, but a brain in a jar.

Please post!

Right now, it is just a head portrait with some excerpts describing Tengus's look and personality. If I can get the time, I'll do a full body of him and his "Youkai" form he takes as a boss battle.

2nbkK9s.jpg

STORY BEHIND THE LOOK

Tengus has failed to hold control of the Infested and was the soul cause of the Bio-Weapons being unleashed across the star charts. In addition, he was ultimately attacked as well.

To sustain what was left of himself, he immediately went through a surgical procedure removing his brain from the contaminated body into a prototype Mecha-Body.

DESCRIPTION OF THE BODY

The head is clad in a dark black glass helmet. Two sets of red lights are visibly seen through this head as the eyes of Tengus in this form. His head is actually detachable and can travel on its own to install itself on his other constructs if need be.

The rest of his body is shown to resemble that of a frail robotic form, but is deceptively strong in the making. The right arm is replaced with a long claw in which he uses for various functions such as combat and instant surgical procedures.

PERSONALITY OF TENGUS IN THIS CONCEPT

Tengus, as a scientist like Tyl Regor, believes in the possibility of seeking out solutions for his kinds genetic deterioration. But much of his views toward the goal changed during his traumatic change into his mechanical form.

While Tyl Regor believed in genetic improvements with the Tubemen, Tengus decisively believed that the bodies of the Grineer were the very WEAKNESS they must overcome. He argues that cloning has become a disgracefully unnatural and find that his current version of himself must stay true whatever the cost. Thus, Tengus has come to believe in a Grineer lifestyle that must discard its former shell to inhabit a newer, stronger, and lasting form.

It is no surprise that Tengus is ingenious when it comes to his technical gifts. His previous works with the Grustag Three (and possibly most of Grineer Machinery including Hek's Tethra Frame) is evidence of it. Therefore, it would not be uncommon to see Tengus work on newer "bodies" of machine to work on for future purposes.

His loss of the Infested has lost favors among his Grineer brethren. However, he has yet to loose hope now that he is in a body as sturdy as it is immortal. To prove to the Grineer that he can still serve a purpose for the Queens, he has invited and recruited countless of Grineer warriors to join him on this "reincarnation" into new bodies of machinery.

This movement, though said by the unwilling "demonizing," began Tengus's new plot to win back the favor of his kind. He later dictated his followers the "Akushin Armada." His goal: to finish the work his old self started.  And what a fitting goal it was for you see...the moment the Infested coursed over his forsaken shell, Tengus saw images of what could possibly be...what commands them.

[update: Gonna need some time to sketch up a full body of this character.]

Edited by FoxFX

Updated with a possible mini-boss:

Akushin Warlord

BzBjiC3.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery & Alloy Armor

DESCRIPTION: This monstrosity commands the greatest close combat strength among its ranks. Uses each of its four fists to assault Tenno with a devastating four-hit attack. When flustered, it will use all four of its fists to slam the ground staggering and damaging anything on the floor/ceiling.

This thing is more sturdy than it appears. An operative recalls managing to split this thing in two only to have to fight its upper-half later on. Resilience is just a catalyst to its savage nature and it will do anything Tengus commands him to do.

Looks promising OP, though I do notice something's that might put a damper on your work, specifically the Mutalist issue.

1) As seen with Jordas, the Mutalists can infect Cephalons, which aren't of Corpus origin.

2) IIRC All Grineer units have 'sanitation implants' that purge the Grineer post mortem, even before the Mutalist incursions the Grineer were being infested.

3) Alad V tried to take control of the Mutalists as well, but it is possible he is just a puppet of the Infested hive mind(?).

Aside from that, this looks promising, I hope this gets looked at by DE and possibly integrated in some way.:)

Oh BTW, do you have any plans for missile units? Like say an Akushin with giant shoulders filled with micromissiles? And maybe a laser in the chest.

Is it ok to put out ideas BTW?

Looks promising OP, though I do notice something's that might put a damper on your work, specifically the Mutalist issue.

1) As seen with Jordas, the Mutalists can infect Cephalons, which aren't of Corpus origin.

2) IIRC All Grineer units have 'sanitation implants' that purge the Grineer post mortem, even before the Mutalist incursions the Grineer were being infested.

3) Alad V tried to take control of the Mutalists as well, but it is possible he is just a puppet of the Infested hive mind(?).

Aside from that, this looks promising, I hope this gets looked at by DE and possibly integrated in some way.:)

Oh BTW, do you have any plans for missile units? Like say an Akushin with giant shoulders filled with micromissiles? And maybe a laser in the chest.

Is it ok to put out ideas BTW?

I am working on a couple of enemies including a tank mini-boss.

You are welcome to throw in ideas here. This is all a W.I.P.

The life of a clone is not my life anymore.

I will never be replaced by some counterfeit.

What I have prepared...I prepare the future for my people.

6R6TrTG.jpg

Grineers! Behold my form of immortality! No longer will you suffer your genetic dysfunctions. A form of iron and fire is open to you. Join me! JOIN THE AKUSHIN!

(This is a preliminary sketch for Tengus's full body. I will describe in detail what I am trying to do with this form in a later date.)

For some reason my computer wont let me quote anyone.:/

Hm, I was thinking of a quadrupedal Akushin that instead of having arms, had oversized shoulders filled with missiles that are given a pre determined flight path and then launched in barrages (perhaps this could be explained as the rapid and cheap rapid production of the missiles leaves little room for good quality micro AI or something.), for close up fighting it could have the blast power that Bombards and Heavy Gunners have, and for situations where the enemy can't be reached by missiles, a chest mounted laser beam that like the lancer dregs, deals radiation damage. 

For some reason my computer wont let me quote anyone.:/

Hm, I was thinking of a quadrupedal Akushin that instead of having arms, had oversized shoulders filled with missiles that are given a pre determined flight path and then launched in barrages (perhaps this could be explained as the rapid and cheap rapid production of the missiles leaves little room for good quality micro AI or something.), for close up fighting it could have the blast power that Bombards and Heavy Gunners have, and for situations where the enemy can't be reached by missiles, a chest mounted laser beam that like the lancer dregs, deals radiation damage. 

There will be one coming, but it might have to be a mini-boss design.

Hello FoxFX,

I was just thinking... maybe the Akushin Era should have, besides the whitish skin on a snow planet, also the Steel Alloy made with a minimum of 25% chromium. You can also add other alloying elements to enhance the structure and properties such as formability, strenght and cryogenic toughness. So the chromium can give the Tenno some challenge as this key component will effectively fight corrosion (the key to destroying Grineer). I was thinking how can we add some in-game challenge and so I came up with this. 

So this should increase their armor. Will let you know if anything else comes up.