Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Enemy Character & Mob Concept] Tengus And The Centuria : Machine-Health Faction

FoxFX

AKUSHIN PANZER

MoEpnKi.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery, Alloy Armor, Shield

DESCRIPTION: A Dual-Mode engine of devastation, the Akushin Panzer is designed for destruction and magnificent maneuverability.

Armed with two packs of rocket launchers that release a conical salvo of Blast damage. Its middle mechanisms fire two frontal cannons.

Its top nozzle releases a quick blast shrapnel attack damaging anything within close-mid range. This attack inflicts all manner of physical damage and procs them too (Slash, Impact, Puncture).

When the pilot wants things done, it fires its miniature Formorian Laser Cannon. This will deal heavy Radiation Damage and it leaves a trial of bonfires in its trajectory.

The Akushin Panzer has two modes it can go to: "Walking Mode" and "Tank Mode".

In "Tank Mode," The Panzer bends down all its limbs allowing the tires attached to its legs to play the role of maneuverability. Able to move vertically and horizontally with ease and with relative speed makes this form dangerous to deal with. It does not fire its Formorian Laser Cannon in this form, but its Shrapnel Blast can make quick work with its procs. NOTE: This form is its most defensive and will have a damage cap in this form.

In "Walking Mode," It is rather at its most vulnerable state, but also at its most threatening offensive form. This form favors the Formorian Laser Cannon attack and also tends to use its legs to stomp on the ground 1-3 times in attempt to squash its enemies. NOTE: This form is its most offensive and will NOT have a damage cap in this form.

Players will need to use their environment to defend most of the Akushin Panzer's attacks. While it is in Tank Mode, players must attack its wheels/lower part of the body enough times to force it into the Walking Mode where it is at its most vulnerable. Be careful as each time it switches from Tank to Walking Mode, it releases a blast which will not damage players but will knock them away from the Akushin Panzer.

It would be better than the nightwatch, don't you agree?

Well the Nightwatch from the event were formidable for a Tactical Event Mob.

Granted ppl might complain them being copy and paste, but it was a good fight nonetheless.

AKUSHIN ORTHUS

wbCeQts.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery, Alloy Armor

DESCRIPTION: Tengus's prized "pet" comprised of two Drakk minds. This agile monstrosity comes with firing mechanisms for each of its heads.

The Left Head fires a modified version of the Cicero Toxin Gas that would numb and disable enemies that would stay too long in its vicinity.

The Right Head fires Electricity from its Arc Gun to deal chain damage to any foe.

Be wary of the combination of the Cicero Gas and the Electric attacks. While the Akishin Othrus fires of its Cicero Gas most of the time, it also can cause a chain reaction of explosions by igniting the Cicero Gas with its Arc Gun.

Its tail is not for show as it can fire off needles from the tip to cause Slash procs and damage.

At lower health, the Akushin Orthus can spread the Cicero Toxins all over the battlefield and fires of a version of Volt's Overload from its Right Head. The Akushin Orthus's overload attack is relatively weak, but the explosion damage caused by reacting to Cicero Gases make it up for being a terribly powerful attack.

ADDITIONAL WARNING: When a player is hit by an Electrical attack, the Electric procs stays on for a long duration of around 5-10 seconds. If any player with an Electric Proc even touches a Cicero Gas, the Gas will explode causing devastating damage.

Edited by FoxFX

A self render showing a possible look at Tengus post-Infested attack:

Xxpglcl.jpg

"We Grineer were once slaves to an empire, but now we are free. Unfortunately for you Tenno, you will always be slaves."

"This is the form of my kind's future! No longer dying from an organic shell, but solidified and protected through iron and steel!"

"I lost my original body, but I've gained insight on what must be done for my Grineer. And most of all, I might have found what could be the key to control the bio-weapon!"

"Cloning? Copying? I REFUSE SUCH A FATE AGAIN! This is the real me, the original me, the ONLY ME! No more will I be 'replaced.' I will live forever in this metal shell as the patriarch of the Akushin!"

"My Armada is ready. My soldiers await the order. All I need to do is say the word...and then...LIBERATION!"

Edited by FoxFX

Updated image of the Akushin Ranger.

K8yfH0D.jpg

Let me know what you think compared to the original in the OP

Going to make the Akushin Ranger have variants like "Akushin Sky Ranger" Making them capable of flight and "Akushin Elite Ranger" that have a more tactical behavior. Take note the Ack Weapon I have put on to the Akushin Ranger. This will be their official melee weapon in case they are disarmed (looking @ Loki).

The Akushin Ranger will also be using various Grineer Assault Rifles and some using Grineer Pistols as their main focus of attack.

Of course, they can come with the resilience/second life mechanics that most of the Akushin enemies have.

Edited by FoxFX

Looks pretty good to me, nice all around.

Have you thought of what the unique Eximi for the Akushin could be yet?

Kinda missed that out, but I guess I'll write up a few.

One possible one is a nerfish Eximus with a projectile reflecting aura (Some what like Mesa's Shatter Shield but with no reduced damage).

Ah yeah, so their version of the Arctic Eximi then? Or will that still be a thing?

It'll be different from Arctic. Generally, Eximus are like enemies that borrow warped versions of Warframe abilities. With all the new Warframes we have now, there are unique Eximus units that can be made by them. Even an Eximus that can create mirages/clones of itself is possible and can add unique challenges for players.

Here are a list of possible Eximus Types I recently came up with:

Overclock

Inspired by Volt's Speed ability. This Akushin Eximus increases its walking and attacking speed temporarily. Effects of activation show it emitting electricity around its body.

Ballistic

Inspired by Mesa's Shattering Shield and Zephyr's Turbulence. This Akushin Eximus will temporarily form a frontal aura that has a chance to redirect primary/secondary fire back at the player. A glossy armor aura is shown when the effect kicks in and the Eximus unit slams its hands to the floor to begin this add.

Deceptive

Inspired by Mirage's Hall of Mirrors and Loki's Decoy. This Akushin Eximus can create mirages/clones that can deal very low damage and are destructible. Killing the caster will kill off the mirages/clones. The clones have a separate drop of Health/Energy Orbs.

Dimensional

Inspired by Limbo's Rift Walk. This Akushin Eximus, when damaged enough, retreats into the Rift Plane for around 5-7 seconds. Players can kill this enemy in the Rift Plane through Limbo or through Channeling Melee Attacks. This Eximus is exclusive to close-combat Akushin.

Radioactive

Inspired by Oberon's general offensive kit. This Akushin Eximus has a Radiation Aura that can affect nearby players and can create Oberon's Hallowed Ground causing pulsating Radiation damage to anyone on the AOE. The AOE lasts for a few seconds.

After some rethought, giving Tengus a boss battle form might be much trickier than I have hoped it not to be.

But nonetheless, I have prepared a new character that works in the Akushin Armada that is also Tengus's right hand man and second-in-command.

Be prepared to see a freakish-looking boss.

OFFICER JOROS

sVtMLDp.jpg

HEALTH: Machinery, Alloy Armor, Shield

DESCRIPTION: Tengus's right hand man and second-in-command of the Akushin Armada. Drawn in to the doctor's vision of a new Grineer, he also underwent the surgical procedure to obtain one of Tengus's more complex and dangerous models. Joros was also a apprentice of Tyl Regor in martial arts.

(NOTE: the name Joros and his style was inspired from the name of a Japanese Spider Demon: Jorogumo)

Due to Joros's spider-themed form, he also commands swarms of Akushin Trappers, Akushin Arc Walkers, and Akushin Rollers to handle business whenever he needs to retreat and regroup.

His main offensive techniques require Fist and Feet attacks. Joros is also capable of wall/ceiling walking and also teleports whenever he is damaged enough while sending in his Akushin critters.

He also fires a unique Corrosive attack (inspired by the weapon Stug) that has a very dangerous mechanic: a player hit by Joros's Corrossive attack temporarily obtains a debuff that makes them leave a trail of Corrosive puddle. This puddle will cause forced Corrosive debuff and can be a lethal combo when it comes to Joros's martial arts.

(Note: the image tot he top right of Joros shows how Joros usually runs. He inverts his legs 180 degrees and bends down to resemble that of a bug walking/running away)

You have fared well against Tengus's fists, but I am a whole different animal!

Edited by FoxFX