Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"cancel Crafting Process" Button Please

DeadlyNerd

I agree with the op in that a cancel command would be great. I would suggest that it returned crafting supplies as well as the bp, but not the credits.  Losing the bp would be a bit much imo.

I am in favor but not with the Full Return of the rescources. For Warframe making it would have to be 100% not including Credits. For other items it would be 100% for the rare materials (Drops 1 per container) and the rest of the materials would returne based on the time left to complete.

I am in favor but not with the Full Return of the rescources. For Warframe making it would have to be 100% not including Credits. For other items it would be 100% for the rare materials (Drops 1 per container) and the rest of the materials would returne based on the time left to complete.

That's why I said, all resources.

I wouldn't return BPs because mostly these mistakes are done by clicking on excess BPs, just as I wasted morphics on building another ash chassis while I automatically clicked on it thinking it's the ash wf bp.

If someone accidentally clicked to craft a BP of an item he doesn't have, a logical thing to do would just be to let it finish the craft.

Or maybe, building stuff can have different stages. the first phase is consolidating material, second phase is building, third phase are touch ups.

In the first phase you get everything back if you cancel.

Second phase, you get half of your stuff back and no BP

Third phase, you can no longer cancel.

First phase is for people who accidentally clicked the wrong thing or had second thoughts right after building.

Second phase is for people who had after thoughts about it later.

A cancel button should just 100 % cancel your build. You already lost time. That's all. Doing a system more complex than that for the only sake of complexity will achieve nothing.

While I do agree that there should be a cancel option for crafting, I don't think it should give back everything. I think you should get back the blueprint and half of whatever the cost was to make it. I mean there is already a confirm option in the crafting so its not like you could accidentally craft something by mistake. If you clicked on the wrong thing and didn't read the confirmation or found something you want more you should lose some of what you put into it.

While I do agree that there should be a cancel option for crafting, I don't think it should give back everything. I think you should get back the blueprint and half of whatever the cost was to make it. I mean there is already a confirm option in the crafting so its not like you could accidentally craft something by mistake. If you clicked on the wrong thing and didn't read the confirmation or found something you want more you should lose some of what you put into it.

And that's why I said, credits and the BP are the ones that remain lost, resources are recovered fully.

If they gave back half the resources, they'd have to round down the numbers and that would mean 0 rare resources. No point in canceling the craft if that's the case.

And that's why I said, credits and the BP are the ones that remain lost, resources are recovered fully.

If they gave back half the resources, they'd have to round down the numbers and that would mean 0 rare resources. No point in canceling the craft if that's the case.

There are many weapons that require multiple rare resources so you would still get some back. All the bolt weapons require 2 neurodes I believe. The kunai and the prime weapons from the void do as well. Of course they could round up in the case of 1 or make it a 50/50 chance. . .but my point is that there are a good amount of weapons where you would still get back some of your rare resources, you don't deserve all of them back every time.

On a separate note, i'd like to see a deconstruction method for old weapons rather than just selling them for credits so if you are making room for a new item you could get back a portion of what was needed to make them. Getting the rares back would probably be a lot less common though

.but my point is that there are a good amount of weapons where you would still get back some of your rare resources, you don't deserve all of them back every time.

Actually, we do deserve them back. It's a missclick caused by foundry clutter and non existent organization.

This time it's not the player, it's entirely the game.

Also, there is no real confirmation for crafting, just a dialogue asking the player if he wants to pay a sum of credits to start the craft. Better declaration and indication are needed.

Until we get those, any mistake is made because of the unfinished system and not player negligence. Why do you think there are trivial and redundant indications on some products, because otherwise you could sue the company for the lack of same indications if a mishap was to occur.

I'm even being fair and agreeing to forget the credits I paid and BP I used.

Edited by DeadlyNerd

Actually, we do deserve them back. It's a missclick caused by foundry clutter and non existent organization.

This time it's not the player, it's entirely the game.

Also, there is no real confirmation for crafting, just a dialogue asking the player if he wants to pay a sum of credits to start the craft. Better declaration and indication are needed.

Until we get those, any mistake is made because of the unfinished system and not player negligence. Why do you think there are trivial and redundant indications on some products, because otherwise you could sue the company for the lack of same indications if a mishap was to occur.

I'm even being fair and agreeing to forget the credits I paid and BP I used.

Do I agree that there should be a better organization method for the blueprints in the foundry, yes. They should honestly sort things there the way they do the mods and then include a misc. section for anything that wasn't a warframe/weapon blueprint. However, when you hit build on the item it gives the item name in the confirmation message so you would know what you were building even if you misclicked. If you fail to read the confirmation message then that is the players problem.

A good middle ground that my friend suggested would be to give you a 5 min window after you start the building process to cancel for a full refund, then after that you would only get half your materials back. I feel that this would be a good solution in addition to the already present confirmation message and is more than fair.