Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rainbow Six Siege Impressions?

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

Anybody else got in the beta? Any thoughts on this game?

With myself included I have heard many criticisms of this game but is anybody excited for this? If you are, tell me why, I am very curious.

The game is very good and solid but doubt it is worth the price point.

Just my 2 cents..

What do you guys think?

Edited by noveltyhero

Seems like a F2P game right now. I love the concept and the gadgets. You can see glimpses of the original Rainbow Six in here. 

But I need to play more and unlock some goodies before I offer judgement. I will say it could benefit a ton from multi-tiered or side-objectives like they have Dirty Bomb or in BRINK.

Edited by RawGritz

The price tag on the game is way too much for what's in it. No Campaign and pure Multiplayer. They are also going to add god damn DLCs which I think will be operators. I am afraid that this game is going to end up like Evolve where the community simply dies after 3 to 4 months. If you can get a discount on it then go for it! The gameplay is amazingly fun considering the limitation of the 3 available maps and Operators.

Speaking of which I have a free Closed Beta code if anyone wants it just PM me.

The price tag on the game is way too much for what's in it. No Campaign and pure Multiplayer. They are also going to add god damn DLCs which I think will be operators. I am afraid that this game is going to end up like Evolve where the community simply dies after 3 to 4 months. If you can get a discount on it then go for it! The gameplay is amazingly fun considering the limitation of the 3 available maps and Operators.

Could be good as a Free-2-Play but doubt they see it that way. Not sure how there other F2P fared. 

Seems like a F2P game right now. I love the concept and the gadgets. You can see glimpses of the original Rainbow Six in here. 

But I need to play more and unlock some goodies before I offer judgement. I will say it could benefit a ton from multi-tiered or side-objectives like they have Dirty Bomb or in BRINK.

Yeah that is a good way of putting it, free to play...

If it is true about DLCs it will certainly end up like Evolve and as a FPS player that makes me sad. Also no competition for CS:GO on the FPS competitive market >.>

The game I would say certainly does not feel ready for release.

It's fun, and interesting, but I don't love the controls. By that I mean: I can't bind crouch to right stick, and melee to B. That's how games should be. Or at the very least, least, an option.

On PC the game felt slightly slugish, but that probably was a bit of adjustment required after coming from CS:GO :/

Rainbow Six Siege felt pretty good to play, but in terms of actual gameplay, The pricetag isn't justified.

Yeah I think this is the biggest thing for me. For PC I also think it is missing the community side of gameplay that long lasting games have to offer (custom games, server browser etc.)

Ubisoft makes console games now. They could not care less about PC.

All they care about is making money, not good games. Because after all, if their games don't work it isn't THEIR problem after someone buys it,now is it? MAYBE Steam's refund policy will FINALLY get their heads out of where they have been stuck. Maybe. I am not going to hold my breath.

The original Rainbow Six is still one of the greatest tactical shooters of all time. When Ubisoft took over Red Storm Entertainment,they decided to make copies of other games instead of dedicated titles. After all, it is FAR easier to copy a corridor shooter and call it something new than to make a decent game themselves. Occasionally, they manage to add something new but it is almost always overshadowed by what they don't bother to change.

Then there is their idea of customer support for PC. 'Turn around and bend over'

TL:DR? Any Ubisoft titles for PC will be too expensive and unsupported. It is what they do.

-snip-

TL:DR? Any Ubisoft titles for PC will be too expensive and unsupported. It is what they do.

Kind of makes you sad for the artists does it not?

i.e the great voice acting in Far Cry 4 overshadowed by boring gameplay mechanics like towers and such...

AC Unity, great level design (really damn great), animations etc. but just technical problems ruined the game.

Ubisoft has to be one of the only companies with such great ideas/IPs with wasted potential.

I hope you're wrong about Rainbow Six Siege, I really do :/

One other thing I am happy about is the lack of success in UPlay. EA does have its own store (Origin), but they also seem to have improved somewhat in the recent years. Could be a bias about happy after development time in the battlefield series. Had BF4 been under Ubisoft supervision, I would've deeply regret my purchase of the game. Anyway, Ubisoft still needs Steam (thankfully.) for success on digital sales on PC.

<- Is playing RainbowSix Vegas 2

This was my first RainbowSix game and by the stories of the old community, makes me feel like I've missed out on a great deal :S