Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tower Rewards

S5alad

I dropped some cash on Void Keys, in the hopes of getting Latron Prime/Frost Prime/whatever else.

Instead, I got over a dozen Latron Prime blueprints, another dozen barrels, and stocks.  No recievers.

Same with Frost Prime: lots of blueprints, chassis, and helmet.  The system never drops.

A few Reaper Prime components, not the last part I need though.

You have to keep running it, despite an exorbitant amount of components, all because one part doesn't drop despite the other parts dropping at an incredibly high rate.  This isn't fair given that either you have to invest a lot of time to start with just to get a Void Key or pay real money for it.  So you grind to get it and then grind what you just ground...

Why should I bother with the runs if all I ever get at the end of every single friggin mission is a dissapointment because of poor reward system?  It's frustrating, disheartening, and utterly inane.

Please assign rewards based on current inventory, using components currently owned to lower the chance or repeat rewards.

Also, why can't you continue to gain mastery if you haven't taken your test to advance to the next tier?  If you fail it then you're stuck, unable to gain more mastery, until you take t he test, as in, a 24 hour stand still to mastery progress, or simply put: a 24 hour lock on experience, effectively nullifying any desire to play the game during that time...

Edited by Swaggermeistress

Also, tower missions should only be able to be started by the player hosting by use of a void key.  I have lost keys backing out of a mission because another player started while I was trying to get a friend in, and so I backed out of the game really fast trying to be courteous and include as many as I could.

-snip-

Also, why can't you continue to gain mastery if you haven't taken your test to advance to the next tier?  If you fail it then you're stuck, unable to gain more mastery, until you take t he test, as in, a 24 hour stand still to mastery progress, or simply put: a 24 hour lock on experience, effectively nullifying any desire to play the game during that time...

Last I knew, you still do gain mastery. (it's not "needs a new X amount to level up", it's "If you have X amount total, you can level up", what it shows is how much left you have.)

Mastery continues to be gained even when you reach the next level.

You're progress bar doesn't improve, but if you check you're experience numbers, it continues to get bigger. Once you achieve the next level, you will need X experience for the next rank, that being a set amount, allready deducing whatever exp you gained before changing ranks.

Dunno if I was clear enough, but hope it helps.

About the Void, wait for the livestream and lets see what the devs have to say over that issue.

Last I knew, you still do gain mastery. (it's not "needs a new X amount to level up", it's "If you have X amount total, you can level up", what it shows is how much left you have.)

This is correct, you do gain mastery exp towards the next level even if you dont advance or fail the test.

Mastery continues to be gained even when you reach the next level.

You're progress bar doesn't improve, but if you check you're experience numbers, it continues to get bigger. Once you achieve the next level, you will need X experience for the next rank, that being a set amount, allready deducing whatever exp you gained before changing ranks.

Dunno if I was clear enough, but hope it helps.

About the Void, wait for the livestream and lets see what the devs have to say over that issue.

Thank you for clarifying that!

Rather than having all rewards determined randomly, each level could have a selection of rewards to choose from and each player who successfully completed the level would be able to pick their own reward: be it a mod, or materials. Higher, more difficult levels could offer rewards that are more rare, and bosses could give us a second option of a blueprint, component, or orokin tech as well.

As for the random mod drops from kills, those are fine. I never expect one to drop so when they do it's a nice surprise, even if it's something I don't plan on using.

Changes like this won't bring an end to farming, but will certainly remove a lot of the disappointment and resentment towards farming by making it somewhat consistent. People will know that to get specific mods or materials, they would have to go to certain locations. Then they could farm those specific places and know that they can reliably get what they need.

I'm not proposing the the grind be removed, just that it actually mean something. Part of the enjoyment we get from work is the payoff we look forward to... if we have no guaranteed reward, how can we be expected to put forth any effort?