Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Scanners Toggable(With Or W/o Widget) These Scanners Need A Rework. They Are Not Good...

Jinryusai

There is that detective vision Batman has and it's toggable and he moves as fast as ever.

But for scanners, you activate it and you move slow, stuck in zoom and vulnerable to attacks making you constantly zoom in and out and you can't even shoot or channel...

Why hasn't anyone though of wearing the scanner and shooting? You just hover over scanner, you put it on, you continue shooting, you move fast and you can channel. Simple, yes?

Makes sense, right?

This would make synthesis scanning fun and not stupid

Be The Batman, not some wannabe detective. :)

Edited by Jinryusai

Or bind scanner to a specific button.

Or as an warframe's attachment in a new feature, automatically used when scoping and doubled as xray (still showed unit's outline for scanned mobs).

Speaking of attachment, we need the usual ninja's tools that's not a mod like grappling hook, cracker to distract mobs in stealth gameplay, etc.

Having a faster way to scan would be great. As it stands, the thing I hate abput scanning the most is having to call up the gear menu and put it on, then call it again every time I want to use a trap. Hoping that there's no enemies around to take advantage of your disarmed state, or that you can get the scan before a troll or new player can kill the target.

If it was a quicker and smoother process, I would love synthesis scanning. The way it is now, though, I just get my 10 and forget about it. I would love to be able to bind scanning to a specific button as Dartiel suggested.

If it was a quicker and smoother process, I would love synthesis scanning. The way it is now, though, I just get my 10 and forget about it. I would love to be able to bind scanning to a specific button as Dartiel suggested.

You know you can hot- .... oh ... Xbox ... sorry! Nevermind!

Actually my point was - even with the ability to hotkey the scanner - its still not ideally implemented. It is always a hassle to use - the Batman style Detective mode is a good idea. 

Edited by MumblesMcphatty

There is that detective vision Batman has and it's toggable and he moves as fast as ever.

But for scanners, you activate it and you move slow, stuck in zoom and vulnerable to attacks making you constantly zoom in and out and you can't even shoot or channel...

Why hasn't anyone though of wearing the scanner and shooting? You just hover over scanner, you put it on, you continue shooting, you move fast and you can channel. Simple, yes?

Makes sense, right?

This would make synthesis scanning fun and not stupid

Be The Batman, not some wannabe detective. :)

^This. 

Frankly, for the people who care about the codex or synthesis, the current mode is just too clunky.

For codex scanning, once you're done with the fodder, even helios starts having problems (since he has to have un-interrupted LOS, which the fodder love to break). So between AI and in-ability to quickly pop up the codex overlay (my nickname for the green and orange glow applied to all units on screen) without severely gimping yourself, it's difficult to utilize the current synth/codex scanner system.

I think by adding a codex vision toggle, ala Batman reference above, the players would be able to quickly ID what targets they want to scan. (This isn't even going into synth/codex scanner swap time, which needs to not be a thing)

This would significantly help people doing Stealth runs too.