Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Prime Build Suggestions

Snips97

Question

6 answers to this question

Nova is all about two things; setting the right amount of power strength and finding the right duration for the mission type and/or your playstyle.

+45% strength is needed to maximize the snare from MPRime - as little strength as possible (-60%) is needed to use it to speed up enemies.

Natural Talent is nice to have, but not at all necessary. AMD is near instant and works while reloading and MPrime can be cast in midair to always stay on the move. In other words, it's a crutch mod to cover for poor gameplay.

For a snare setup with decent duration, I would drop Natural Talent and use Intensify, allowing you to drop the rank of BR twice and use max rank FE and Streamline to give you +75% efficiency, for a loss of only 10% duration. This will also free up a number of modding points, allowing you to install Redirection in place of Vigor and giving you room to upgrade NM or PCont another rank. 

http://goo.gl/joibTx

Edit1: Stretch doesn't do a lot for you unless you spam Wormhole a lot. I replace it with the Wormhole augment to make up for the reduced range - zoom zoom. You could also slot Continuity there (you'd have to go back to using Vigor or add more forma).

Edit2: For defense missions, it's more important to have a longer duration than it is to have good efficiency. The above is almost exactly what I use for Survivals, but for a defense mission I'd drop Fleeting Expertise for Constitution. Again, tho, it depends on how far out you want your snare to reach - a high duration MPrime snare can really slow down a defense mission, which can be good or bad depending on how you play.

Edited by Darzk

Thanks for the reply! All good points :) i agree natural talent is more of a crutch (although i prefer quality of life) mod and stretch really doesnt do much either especially late game. Now to get another blind rage XD il probably keep fleeting r4 as 65%eff is plenty and i dont have another fleeting. I prefer vigor as it raises shields and health in one. Helps with bleed procs. Im considering that mod you mentioned: escape velocity. Is it worth the slot? Also been considering antimatter absorb. Wht are your thoughts on that? Thanks <3

There are two main Nova builds.

The typical: SLOVA which is a Slow-focused Nova.  This requires positive (over 100%) strength.  More strength slows enemies more.

Then there is SPEED-NOVA, which uses negative (less than 100%) strength in order to speed up enemies.  Used primarily against infested (since they don't shoot ranged weapons), it is a way to speed up some defense-type missions for speed runs.  

In case no one has said it

Overextended (+Range -Power) is what you use for Speed Nova

Stretch still affects the explosion radios of Molecular Prime, so it has some utility.

Escape Velocity is mostly for fun and giggles.  You are better off using an actual mod in its place.  Spamming Wormhole you already zip across the map in seconds.

Edited by Karamethien

For the love of all that is tenno, if you have to ask the question the answer is not a speed Nova.

If you don't know what you're doing, do NOT attempt speed Novas. They're a plague on pickup groups and a guaranteed fail unless someone can offset the stupid.

These are meant for premade groups that are built around moving the mission along more quickly. In my opinion, it's a bad idea since it's high risk for minimal reward. Unless the other warframes can offset the downsides of the enemies having increased speed (of everything...), then it's an extremely bad idea to pursue this build.

I personally like antimatter absorb. It's somewhat situational, but it can be a strong survival mechanism for Nova, who lacks something in that department. It's great for neutralizing heavy gunners or a whole arc of enemies--whom it will kill extremely dead when it impacts. The downside is the distraction of controlling it, but that's a matter of getting used to how it works and making some allowances in your gameplay.

For the record, ive been playing for over 2 years now. I know about slowva and speed nova XD i just feel like my build could use improvement. Im gona play around with antimatter absorb and maybe escape velocity just cuz :p id need to keep in stretch for AA though otherwise NM takes away from Its range too much

Edited by albertoallende