Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Original Versions Of Warfames And Weapons Able To Convert Into Their Prime Counter Parts And Keep The Mod Capacity/forma

Zerxces

I know this is kind of a stretch, but I was wondering if the the capability of making a prime version of a weapon require the original non prime weapon, while keeping track that the original weapon had so and so amount of forma and had a potato, will ever be implemented in the future. Personally, my reasoning for this kind of thinking is because I am always very hesitant into putting a Orokin Reactor, Catalyst, or Forma into my non prime frames and weapons because of the fact that most of the prime versions are better versions of the original. With the fact that most people just stack up their potatoes and forma or straight up buys the stuff off from the store, there could be some balancing in the whole process. Like lowering drop rates of forma or materials, make the materials needed to make the prime variation harder to obtain, capability to reconvert the weapon/warframe by making it cost something whether it be plat or materials, in case there are other variations in the future, while keeping the potato and forma in it. I'm not sure, but the main point and question is, will this ever happen or being considered?

I know this is kind of a stretch, but I was wondering if the the capability of making a prime version of a weapon require the original non prime weapon, while keeping track that the original weapon had so and so amount of forma and had a potato, will ever be implemented in the future. Personally, my reasoning for this kind of thinking is because I am always very hesitant into putting a Orokin Reactor, Catalyst, or Forma into my non prime frames and weapons because of the fact that most of the prime versions are better versions of the original. With the fact that most people just stack up their potatoes and forma or straight up buys the stuff off from the store, there could be some balancing in the whole process. Like lowering drop rates of forma or materials, make the materials needed to make the prime variation harder to obtain, capability to reconvert the weapon/warframe by making it cost something whether it be plat or materials, in case there are other variations in the future, while keeping the potato and forma in it. I'm not sure, but the main point and question is, will this ever happen or being considered?

Dunno, it might be lore-unfriendly due to primes being the original warframes while normal ones are just tenno creations inspired on primes

Lowering forma drop rate? We are in the middle of a forma famine -_-

or maybe some has been blessed by rng and should be taken to the void to get out of this famine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I kinda see where you're coming from. I've had some good times with my Soma before the prime came along. I had to start again with an improved version and add all the forma and catalyst.

However I did get a Bolter prime before I got the basic Bolter and the Frost prime before standard frost... felt a bit weird.