Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Someone Please Explain What I Said That Got Me Kicked?

fortris

Question

Seriously, all I did was ask a question but someone told me I got autokicked by the wordfilter. I'm struggling to find out what I said that was remotely offensive?

http://i.imgur.com/4gCs90G.jpg

EDIT: Ok people are getting confused, I got kicked for what is written IN THE PICTURE. I NEVER said the word in public chat, you can even see someone had written before I typed anything meaning I wasn't kicked before I typed that out. I want to know what IN THAT PICTURE got me kicked.

Edited by fortris

pm a moderator

Tried, he said he didn't know

dude really... just reading that made me shake my head...

Yeah no clue why it kicked me, I didn't say anything bizarre. Unless you're referencing the drake lyric thing which is clearly a joke.

Tried, he said he didn't know

Yeah no clue why it kicked me, I didn't say anything bizarre. Unless you're referencing the drake lyric thing which is clearly a joke.

yea to you its a joke but others would get offended... its like poking a dog with a stick and crying you got bit... 

as a minority myself and having several black friends i do find your "chat" offensive, somewhat rude, and just dumb...

man to me it seemed u kinda went too far. Too many messages pertaining to what word u were talking about. Just a bit overboard, u didnt say it outright so id say just like a 24 hour kick or something is fair. It is a public environment u shouldnt use that word anyhow :/

yea to you its a joke but others would get offended... its like poking a dog with a stick and crying you got bit... 

as a minority myself and having several black friends i do find your "chat" offensive, somewhat rude, and just dumb...

What? I didn't say ANYTHING, I asked why the word itself is filtered even if the user disables the filter. I never even said the word, I have no idea what you're talking about.

man to me it seemed u kinda went too far. Too many messages pertaining to what word u were talking about. Just a bit overboard, u didnt say it outright so id say just like a 24 hour kick or something is fair. It is a public environment u shouldnt use that word anyhow :/

HOW, I didn't SAY ANYTHING. How is a 24 hour zero warning kick remotely justified? Also pming friends or private lobbies are not public environments regardless.

Well the thing is today's society uses that previously derogatory term, with minor spelling changes, to reference people or friends. It isn't necessarily a curse word anymore, I guess. They don't censor it in music now.

What? I didn't say ANYTHING, I asked why the word itself is filtered even if the user disables the filter. I never even said the word, I have no idea what you're talking about.

HOW, I didn't SAY ANYTHING. How is a 24 hour zero warning kick remotely justified? Also pming friends or private lobbies are not public environments regardless.

Wait, Kickbot is in private chats now? 

Well, Council is most likely considered a public forum. 

Edited by APBladeX

Well the thing is today's society uses that previously derogatory term, with minor spelling changes, to reference people or friends. It isn't necessarily a curse word anymore, I guess. They don't censor it in music now.

Exactly I'm baffled, all I did was quote a song (an insanely popular one at that) and was confused to why a word was censored even though I disabled the filter. That's literally it. I pm'd a friend in game and was confused.

Keep in mind this was an AUTO-KICK, not a mod kick. I don't know what I said that would possibly autokick me.

And no, I NEVER SAID THE WORD IN PUBLIC CHAT. What I copy-pasted is what I said that got me kicked, NOTHING MORE. 

You can clearly see someone else writing before I had written anything meaning something IN THOSE SENTENCES kicked me.

Edited by fortris

Up to you man. If you didn't do anything wrong then submit a ticket and screenshot and let them know you don't think the chat ban is fair.

Well it was literally just a kick, I got right back in when I left the mission. I want to know what I said so I DONT SAY IT AGAIN.

Everything posted there is so banal, I'm seriously scratching my head as to what triggered the kick. I even checked the word filter and NOTHING matches up.

Music is one thing.

I'm just saying, it's clear to me why you were kicked. I'm not personally offended by any language, I just know that racial slurs do offend many.

I DIDN'T SAY A RACIAL SLUR, WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, I ASKED A QUESTION.

Also a HUMAN DIDNT KICK ME, the word filter did. What in those sentences is WORTH A KICK?

Seriously, how is ALLUDING TO A WORD worth a kick regardless? Especially when it's as banal as referencing a very popular song lyric. How are you GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY to be offended by NOTHING? PLEASE explain to me what I said that was so awful.

The ONLY THING that makes sense is people getting mad that I didn't say "the n word" but HONESTLY I thought that would sound MORE OFFENSIVE than this.

Edited by fortris

I DIDN'T SAY A RACIAL SLUR, WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, I ASKED A QUESTION.

Also a HUMAN DIDNT KICK ME, the word filter did. What in those sentences is WORTH A KICK?

Seriously, how is ALLUDING TO A WORD worth a kick regardless? Especially when it's as banal as referencing a very popular song lyric. How are you GOING OUT OF YOUR WAY to be offended by NOTHING? PLEASE explain to me what I said that was so awful.

Alright, I'm not sure how what I said caused you to get so intense, but I didn't mean for that and I apologize.

Alright, I'm not sure how what I said caused you to get so intense, but I didn't mean for that and I apologize.

It's fine I just, I don't get it. I don't get what I did. I just asked why that happened when I pm'd my friend the first line of "0 to 100" and the word showed up as an asterisk. All I got out of this thread were people accusing me of using racial slurs when in reality what I posted IS all I said, and I don't get how it's remotely offensive. I REALLY DON'T.

Best guess, based on the picture? Kicked for flooding, though I am unsure if the autofilters are set up for that.

I'm almost positive I've posted six or more lines before at a time (council is pretty dead now a days) so I'm not positive but that might be the case. I could test it but I'm playing CS:GO at the moment.

That would be my best guess too, if there is a flood filter then the bot is probably set up to regard that many consecutive entries by one person as spam. Alternatively, the bot is not a Drake fan.

Another popular theory. Turns out not many warframe players are it seems.

Why is there a grey rectangle, almost the color of the background but obviously edited almost one single color and perfect rectangle, after the "does anyone know why you can't say the word"?

Almost like there's some word(s) there someone wanted to hide.

Seems like there's another after the drake lyrics line.

Edited by Naftal

Why is there a grey rectangle, almost the color of the background but obviously edited almost one single color and perfect rectangle, after the "does anyone know why you can't say the word"?

Almost like there's some word(s) there someone wanted to hide.

Seems like there's another after the drake lyrics line.

Well, it's a steam screenshot that I literally did nothing to, so I don't know? Not my fault steam compresses them poorly, if I had the option I'd use pngs.

It kinda looks like the gold trim on the floor of the ODD tile? 

EDIT: That's literally just jpeg compression around all of the text, if you zoom in you notice it on every word. Run the photo through an analyzer or whatever, I didn't bother photoshopping anything. That's literally all I said, why else would I be confused and make a forum post? If you want, you can take a screenshot of your own via steam and comparing it to mine, or try typing what I said as it appears in the post and see if it kicks you. Because if someone manually kicked me, they didn't say anything.

Edited by fortris

FYI you have the PNG's in the steam folder.

Also, if i was banned from their twitch for asking who was the guy reading clem comic entry captions in spanish or suspended for 2 days from DC for saying supposedly homophopic slur that in no way implies that the person in question has to be an actual homosexual (and in fact in 2 languages i speak fluidly i never heard that term being used against an actual homosexual ever), i'm not surprised that someone took the time to manually suspend you for even starting the discussion.

We don't get to decide anything, can be banned in a snap of a finger and get nothing in return. It has been that way since forever, lighten up, don't give a S#&$ and move on, nothing any one of us can do aside from occasionaly rubbing a mod on the right side in private.