Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mission] Evacuation – You Want To See Colonists? Save The Colonists (Think Endless Hijack)

Morec0

Sorry for the 3d lingo, guys.

Normal map is a rainbow-colored image based on height and depth.

When appied to a flat model the engine tricks is into believing there is actual real depth when there is only images. Light trace these maps wich is why the magic happens.

The previous map, the Bumpmap is the same illusion, but it looks flat when turned on its side, so the illusion breaks.

Hope that clears it up!

Sorry for the 3d lingo, guys.

Normal map is a rainbow-colored image based on height and depth.

When appied to a flat model the engine tricks is into believing there is actual real depth when there is only images. Light trace these maps wich is why the magic happens.

The previous map, the Bumpmap is the same illusion, but it looks flat when turned on its side, so the illusion breaks.

Hope that clears it up!

In regards to civilians, I always just figured they'd be visual attachments, like Syandanas are and the backpacks the Grineer wear too, rather than something built directly into the model. So it wouldn't so much be "all of these things are in the same build" rather the sort of situation we have atm, one model is plastered to another.

I wonder if it's a good idea to have the Tenno interact with the civilians you've successfully evacuated in the Relay. With a dialogue choices system similar the one where you go talk with Cephalon Simaris and Darvo. The dialogue initiated by the civilian you're talking to varies depending on the outcome of the previous Evac mission you've performed. 

All civilians successfully evacuated: Happy, grateful

70 percent of civilians evacuated: A little sad but still grateful

50 percent of civilians evacuated: Sad, gloomy

45 percent or lower: Depressed, sorrowful and sometimes angry

The introduction of this dialogue doesn't provide you missions or questions, but rather to show the Tenno that they still have their humanity within themselves, despite they're not humans anymore and they know they have no chance or hope to become one again.

P.S. If we can hold a conversation with at least one of the children in the civilian group, it'll be great scene; further reinforcing my statement about the Tenno developing or exploring the humanity within themselves just by having a normal dialogue with the civilians.

Edited by zxcv1911

I wonder if it's a good idea to have the Tenno interact with the civilians you've successfully evacuated in the Relay. With a dialogue choices system similar the one where you go talk with Cephalon Simaris and Darvo. The dialogue initiated by the civilian you're talking to varies depending on the outcome of the previous Evac mission you've performed.

50 percent of civilians evacuated: Sad, gloomy

The introduction of this dialogue doesn't provide you missions or questions, but rather to show the Tenno that they still have their humanity within themselves, despite they're not humans anymore and they know they have no chance or hope to become one again.

P.S. If we can hold a conversation with at least one of the children in the civilian group, it'll be great scene; further reinforcing my statement about the Tenno developing or exploring the humanity within themselves just by having a normal dialogue with the civilians.

These are all good ideas.

In regards to civilians, I always just figured they'd be visual attachments, like Syandanas are and the backpacks the Grineer wear too, rather than something built directly into the model. So it wouldn't so much be "all of these things are in the same build" rather the sort of situation we have atm, one model is plastered to another.

Look at the syndicates. Thats the kind of variations I mean.

Give each Colony a set of colors, maby a Logo-emblem.

Give them their own body-details and MABY a helmet for the higher-ups.

Thats really enough and it can be done with just 2 maps and some props.

Edited by arch111

Look at the syndicates. Thats the kind of variations I mean.

Give each Colony a set of colors, maby a Logo-emblem.

Give them their own body-details and MABY a helmet for the higher-ups.

Thats really enough and it can be done with just 2 maps and some props.

I was thinking differing skins across maybe 2 different model types (well, 4, 1 male one female) would be enough, if even bother with different models from the typical regular-person body we see at all. Like the Settlement peeps get sand-blasted browns while Earth gets camo green, and Outpost peeps get suits with Corpus symbols on them.

50 percent of civilians evacuated: Sad, gloomy

Well, as a regular mission type this might make it a little bit more difficult. Would it just be based on the last number of folks you saved? Or perhaps this could be reference to some event? I'm all for more conversations, though.

Well, as a regular mission type this might make it a little bit more difficult. Would it just be based on the last number of folks you saved? Or perhaps this could be reference to some event? I'm all for more conversations, though.

Hmm, that's not a bad idea. We could introduce this Evac mission first through an Event. It is only in an Event (that probably lasts a week) that you can have in-depth conversations with the civilians you have saved. In regular missions, however, the dialogue system isn't there with the civilians anymore because like you said - a little bit more difficult.

Yeah, probably based on the last number of civilians we saved.

The %  thing could work in a event, but otherwise i'm not sure about it.

I didn't really understand. Did you mean the rescued people would be in the Relays? Or when would there be time and place to talk to them?

If it was an event, then they might start appearing into the Relays once the % get's up, and once the event is done they disappear.

Honestly, i don't like the whole "Tenno can talk" -thing, but i understand that it's needed to make choices.

The mood of colonists could be a global % of saved. And the mood of the people would be a living feedback on the relays how successful the Tenno are in the field.

But this particular gamemode isn't so much about "save a certain set number of people" and more "as many people as you can over however long you play through this gamemode". Because of this, it would be entirely too possible to TANK the global score by letting the whole first group die and then just extracting, resulting in a 0% saved. Which, all in all, would make the matter a bit pointless or non-representative of the majority of players.

• 4 weeks later...