Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe, Warframe... Where Are You Going?

HaaS

I waited enough, here we are. I do not complain, I explain.

Dear devs, your game is getting worse. Sorry.

1. difficulty
I remember the times when we had challenge... it was a long time ago. I loved it.
Now, even if I do not use lvl 30 weaps, wfs, any sentinels, any orokin upgrades, there is no challenge. Defense missions are boring.
All I could do was to rebuild all waframes 2-6 times, same thing with weapons. Just to feel "developing".

Okay: we have the optional reset. But we do not. I spent lot of platinums on fun stuff, cuz I was happy that I can start over to have some challenge again, and be happy for the first mod I find. You even promised to re-enable it with a date: you did not.
Okay: I don't have to rebuild everything (wfs/weaps) all the time, because we have Polarize. Cool... it makes the game easier again, aha...

I know, not all players have much time to play, but an option for hc gamers should be there.
Did you think about a hardcore checkbox? If all group members have it checked, it becomes active, and after a successful mission you could get +1000 credits or +500 affinity, I don't mind. The option itself would be enough. Just make it more challenging so we doo need coop _again_. Double health and shield for enemies, for example.

2. grouping
I remember the times when I had online groups with a lag like hell, cuz the host was far far away. I was okay with it. It was even fun to ask where he is from and switch to melee:).

Now my clan member is not able to join me, even close to me.
Want to use a key and I can invite only from friend list? Why?
Getting a working "key" group together takes too much time... and it doesn't feel right to leave someone out because he could not join. I can join them and do normal missions, but... I have the keys, right?

3. the Dojo
It could be nice... but come on, elevator direction shows down, but as you build it and it turns to go up? Do you test what you do?
If you cannot build an elevator going down only on the entry level, shouldn't you give us a message? Or prevent the option to change its direction?
Dueling hall can be built only _horizontally_? In space??? Oh my God...

All of these Dojo things would be just nothing, cuz its fun to play with it, and You said: "go and discover for yourselves, mighty tennos!!!". Superb, I agree, we would... but when we do things which simply do not work because of You, and we destroy rooms, we lose components? It is BETA, right? You make mistakes and we, Players, help You to correct them, right? At least you could give more back to us as long you have a beta game with an ALPHA Dojo... you can reset Dojo as You finished it.

0. FUN!!!
Where is the fun, people?

Farming materials and defense missions? I could go to other online games for constant farming and getting bored.
Dojo turned out to be a litter bin where you can throw your things in and smile as they disappear.

Sorry, but... do You want even more money for this?
Give me something and I give you something.

Ultimately, I say that the DEs jsut need to slow down the churning of new content and focus on polishing for a bit.

Game is out of beta now correct?

Being in Beta doesn't excuse a game from not taking improvement feedback to heart. If we didn't complain or make suggestions, we wouldn't have a good Iron Skin or a proper shotgun reworking.

1. difficulty

I remember the times when we had challenge... it was a long time ago. I loved it.

Now, even if I do not use lvl 30 weaps, wfs, any sentinels, any orokin upgrades, there is no challenge. Defense missions are boring.

All I could do was to rebuild all waframes 2-6 times, same thing with weapons. Just to feel "developing".

Okay: we have the optional reset. But we do not. I spent lot of platinums on fun stuff, cuz I was happy that I can start over to have some challenge again, and be happy for the first mod I find. You even promised to re-enable it with a date: you did not.

Okay: I don't have to rebuild everything (wfs/weaps) all the time, because we have Polarize. Cool... it makes the game easier again, aha...

I know, not all players have much time to play, but an option for hc gamers should be there.

Did you think about a hardcore checkbox? If all group members have it checked, it becomes active, and after a successful mission you could get +1000 credits or +500 affinity, I don't mind. The option itself would be enough. Just make it more challenging so we doo need coop _again_. Double health and shield for enemies, for example.

2. grouping

I remember the times when I had online groups with a lag like hell, cuz the host was far far away. I was okay with it. It was even fun to ask where he is from and switch to melee:).

Now my clan member is not able to join me, even close to me.

Want to use a key and I can invite only from friend list? Why?

Getting a working "key" group together takes too much time... and it doesn't feel right to leave someone out because he could not join. I can join them and do normal missions, but... I have the keys, right?

3. the Dojo

It could be nice... but come on, elevator direction shows down, but as you build it and it turns to go up? Do you test what you do?

If you cannot build an elevator going down only on the entry level, shouldn't you give us a message? Or prevent the option to change its direction?

Dueling hall can be built only _horizontally_? In space??? Oh my God...

All of these Dojo things would be just nothing, cuz its fun to play with it, and You said: "go and discover for yourselves, mighty tennos!!!". Superb, I agree, we would... but when we do things which simply do not work because of You, and we destroy rooms, we lose components? It is BETA, right? You make mistakes and we, Players, help You to correct them, right? At least you could give more back to us as long you have a beta game with an ALPHA Dojo... you can reset Dojo as You finished it.

0. FUN!!!

Farming materials and defense missions? I could go to other online games for constant farming and getting bored.

Dojo turned out to be a litter bin where you can throw your things in and smile as they disappear.

I agree. I think it's the clan stuff and constant, skins, and new weapons without any core, gameplay mechanics being improved, that ruined this game and how they implemet it all. I play alone, and sometimes with just one friend because I like it that way,  I've never liked playing this game with more than two people unless it's a defense mission and it's a must. Now to get all the good stuff, you have to join a clan? building a dojo, a research area, and I like the idea of the dojo but the rediculous amounts of resources it takes for a small clan to build just one damn room. and I'd rather swallow 10 tons of concrete before I join some super clan.

It's still great in some aspects, but it's all, clan this, clan that. Now we won't force you to join a clan, but we heavil encourage you to. And there'll be some who will defend the devs with their life. Not to mention, 3 death cubes in one level are beyond rediculous....sentinels in general, I hate them. I don't like the idea of a flying robot following a space ninja. Keyword, NINJA. Destroys the whole purpose of what the game is about. and there will be some who will disagree.  And the only way to get the good stuff in this game is to buy platnium, or become a founder.

I feel sorry for free to play people. It'd be fun, for a while, until you realize you get nowhere, with only two warframe slots. I played free to play for 2 months, got nowhere, but still liked the game I was playing, so I then became a founder. I realized had this been a retail game it would have been cheaper. Now although, I will say this, I absolutely LOVE the void missions, and their level design, it's their best yet. But other than that and the cool idea behind the dojo, the devs have recently lost their touch. It seems they've strayed to far from what their original goal was. I don't pander to the devs and praise them for the good job they've done, because I did that in a post, where the game was at it's best in my opinion. I hope they fix all this in update nine and make it NOT clan based crap.

Opinions, wouldn't the world be boring if all were the same.

Edited by AugmentedJustice

0. FUN!!!

I'm loving update 8. The endgame is farming, but I'm farming for a reason now. I'm happy to wait for whatever they cook up next, instead of demanding new content (which you are, because putting together endgame content is new content) days after the last update came out.

I'm loving update 8. The endgame is farming, but I'm farming for a reason now. I'm happy to wait for whatever they cook up next, instead of demanding new content (which you are, because putting together endgame content is new content) days after the last update came out.

If you read my post again, you might find out that it is not about "demanding" a new content. It is about my opinion that what we have now is worse than we had one, two.. even three or four months ago (in closed beta). The reason is that the new content is not tested thoroughly and lost priority.

Giving more possibilities to players without giving them challenge is a dead end.

Once again, there is no demand. If they want me (and those who agree with me in some points) to play this game, they need to change the direction where Warframe is going. Otherwise we leave, simple as that.

Just think about those too, who do not like farming so much, and have enough of defense missions. Do you remember the old Xini with the big room, when Mag could kill everything with one clap? You could do it for some hours, maybe days... but then? You did not want to go, not even for mods.

Oh, true... I gave an idea in the first point, because it came up in my mind. There must be better solutions, for sure. This is a very simple one... and they can remove it if they had time to deal with the new endgame.

For now, we have enough nicely painted rusty things, thank you.

Edited by HaaSas

1. difficulty

2. grouping

3. the Dojo

0. FUN!!!

1: Difficulty will return better than ever when DE adds in the ability to select dificulty. Remember that different players are at different skill levels, what may be too easy for you may too hard for someone else. Difficulty selection is a superior system and is coming in time.

2: This one needs some work.

3: Patchnotes said that Dojo was in alpha. So yes its messy....but lets keep our expectations in the right place.

0: I'm still having fun.

Ultimately, I say that the DEs jsut need to slow down the churning of new content and focus on polishing for a bit.

Being in Beta doesn't excuse a game from not taking improvement feedback to heart. If we didn't complain or make suggestions, we wouldn't have a good Iron Skin or a proper shotgun reworking.

Going to disagree with you there. I struggle to find a reason to play this game any more with the lack of challenging/interesting content. New tile sets are pretty, but that isn't enough to keep me logging in when there are so many other games out there.

I have all the mods I need/want and grinding at this point is only to max out a couple unfinished weapon mods. There is nothing that drops of interest, and I have seen all of the mobs there are to see, The game needs RADICALLY MORE content or it is going to flame out quickly. Difficulty alone isn't going to be enough. If I want stuff to be difficult and I can just remove mods from my weapons/frames. With dungeon crawlers there always has to be something exciting over the horizon, right now that doesn't exist. Polishing what exists rather than dreaming up a real future for the game will kill Warframe dead.

It needs to know what it wants to grow up to be.. and soon.

Hahaha... I just wrote about a dead end, and now we really have one:DDD!

We built two elevators (we wanted to go down, but both went up) just in front of each other, on the opposite sides of a Cross Junction.

Then we built another Cross Junction on the level above... and what we got?

Yes! A Dead End! Yupeeeeeeeee! You can see the other elevator just in front of you, but you cant go there:D!!! Awesome stuff guys, good job! So you cannot build loops, because you cannot connect the two ends!!! Coool!

Ridiculous, really...

Hahaha... I just wrote about a dead end, and now we really have one:DDD!

We built two elevators (we wanted to go down, but both went up) just in front of each other, on the opposite sides of a Cross Junction.

Then we built another Cross Junction on the level above... and what we got?

Yes! A Dead End! Yupeeeeeeeee! You can see the other elevator just in front of you, but you cant go there:D!!! Awesome stuff guys, good job! So you cannot build loops, because you cannot connect the two ends!!! Coool!

Ridiculous, really...

What part of alpha do you find so hard to understand.

Agreed with all statements.

Game is out of beta now correct?

Then why the hell they ask for money from us to be able test their alpha stuff??? i'm ok with pay them to inicrease my inventory slots or cosmetic things, i'm even ok with pay some time for catalysts to boost my gear, but pay for opportunity to explore game content in F2P BETA game it's out of my imagination.

Edited by Keetsune

Agreed with all statements.

Then why the hell they ask for money from us to be able test their alpha stuff??? i'm ok with pay them to inicrease my inventory slots or cosmetic things, i'm even ok with pay some time for catalysts to boost my gear, but pay for opportunity to explore game content in F2P BETA game it's out of my imagination.

Aye, absolutely... spending 300 plats to find bugs is a bit too much for my taste... ahh, nvm.

All I am saying that we could spend even more money if it was worth it... but there is no reason to do it. I always think about paying for a game as a reward for a good work. So... we wait for now.

Let's hope they realize that we need more Warframe and less talk and glitters.

That was actually pretty funny. Hahaha. Sorry for my scathing reply. I tend to get a bit grumpy sometimes.

Happens to all of us... I guess:). Finding that dead end was actually funny too... for a while.

• 1 month later...

Okay, okay... not a single mission today so far without a bug.

Boss disappearings, material immediate disappearings (or is it the text?), invisible enemies in defense missions, no fourth data to collect, closed map... = Not Happy Player.

Seems to me that it is a trend that we have to discuss who is the host and convince him/her to disconnect to see if it solves the problem. Are we going back to closed beta sometime soon?

Grumbling here.

Edited by HaaS

moaning. moaning. moaning.  revert to closed beta. moaning.

No.

Closed beta sucked and sucked hard. The game is/was too repetitive without the current drive to loot, upgrade, rank up and farm. Otherwise there is no reason to even  go back and replay levels. 

Stop *@##$ing like a whiny four year old, because that's what it's coming across as. 

Don't like the game? Don't play. Dev's aren't going to switch direction for a small handful of uppity players who are burnt out after playing way too much, or who don't like loot farming. They may add things that catter more to what you want later, like higher difficulties, but reverting is just a completely asinine suggestion. 

If you want to handicap yourself go right ahead -- don't force your S#&$ty attitude and play style on other people who enjoy the game ten fold over Closed Boring Beta.

Why do people feel the entitled need to *@##$ & moan about subjective things on video game forums? 

I mean your whole post boils down to:

-game not hard enough

-sometimes people can't connect to void missions

-elevator goes the wrong way

This is almost as bad as the topic saying ultra's are OP and should be heavily nerfed/removed 

We agree in some points.

I respect your opinion that closed beta was worse as well. I am not that sure.

Well yeah, you are right... everything is good, the game is heading into the right direction, and the text "your health is full" is more important than recently picked neurodes. More lags and bugs are okay too. I like the colorful bubbles.

Thank you for the summary, and for reading some posts, just as you said: it is bad.

Not sure if you are over a thousand hours and how much did you play closed beta... probably enough to have a reliable opinion.

I do really hope they know what they do and why, and hell yeah, I can stop playing anytime:)! (Tho I would love to see some improvements too:P!)