The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severe Fps Drop After Alt-Tabbing In Windowed Mode

Mr.DuckyPrime

Just a thing I encountered since the last big update. I used to run the game in Windowed Mode just fine but now if I run it in Windowed Mode and I alt-tab out then back in, the framerate tanks from 60+ fps to a silky smooth 10-23fps on the Liset and also slows the cursor down. Problem goes away if I switch to Fullscreen mode. Not really that fussed about it since fullscreen works fine, just found it kind of weird.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Six-Core Processor

GPU: GeForce GTX 750Ti

RAM: 12 gigs

Full-screen basically focuses on one program. When I leave a app open in the background while using full-screen it freezes and needs to be forced closed.

Still waiting for windows 10 update for apps not updating properly(most likely the case for xbox one elite reciever/controller coming out.)

I can confirm this.

From U17.4.5, I am experiencing freezes when playing in Borderless window mode. Many times, the character dialogs don't play(Lotus dialogs) and after sometime, all the dialogs are played at once.

Initially, I thought its my internet connection, but that is not the case.

Would be nice if Devs can take a look at the problem.

Specs -

CPU - AMD FX 4300 Quad-Core Processor

GPU - ATI AMD Radeon HD 6670 GDDR5 1GB

RAM - Corsair Vengeance 12 GB

OS - Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Edited by NN13

Also having this issue, though it appeared between Warframe updates. Might have something to do with the latest Nvidia driver update, as that's the only thing I can think of changing since the game last ran fine (not that it explains the issue for AMD folks).

To summarize: game runs fine in fullscreen mode, but windowed or borderless fullscreen immediately cause the game to drop to ~23fps in the Liset. There is negligible load on the GPU and it runs at a perfectly acceptable temperature. No other applications of any significance are running in the background.

Oddly enough, tabbing out of the game causes it to run perfectly as fine as long as it isn't the active window. For example, if I move my mouse to my other monitor to check Skype or something, as soon as I click out of the window both the in-game and Shadowplay FPS counters skyrocket back to my set limit of 144fps.

Perhaps it's some odd issue on my side, can't rule it out, but just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

CPU: Intel i7-3770k
GPU: Nvidia GTX 780Ti (dual-monitor setup, GSync)
RAM: 16GB

CPU: Intel i7-3770k

GPU: Nvidia GTX 780Ti (dual-monitor setup, GSync)

RAM: 16GB

In your case Nvidia actually released a hotfix for G-Sync performance yesterday. I am not certain what kind of impact it will have, but I am aware that there have been complaints regarding this setup. The hotfix can be found here:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3798

Hotfixes are not usually recognized by Geforce Experience so you will need to download this one manually from the link above -- at least until the next batch of Game Ready drivers are released.