Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About Elemental Damages Combined

dendroaspis84

Question

16 answers to this question

Yes, Gas will work, but has a lower chance of proc'ing due to the fact that Magnetic is higher in damage.

Although I'm pretty sure that is how it determines what procs more often, I'm not 100% sure. It's just my understanding of how status chance works. I have mine built with Magnetic (innate) and Viral (for Raids and Void with 4x CP). The viral has a much higher damage number and seems to proc more often than Magnetic does.

I'm curious and have ask but, what are you using Gas for?

This is it. Your respective damage numbers for your elemental damages determines the chances of one or the other proccing. If a weapon has much more magnetic damage than gas, it'll tend to proc magnetic. That said, the actual DAMAGE from those elements (magnetic and gas) are still applied to your shots. 

So in the case of a gun have 300 impact, 500 magnetic, and 100 gas, you'll be seeing 1100 damage (in the form of impact, magnetic, and gas), with magnetic procs more often.

You didn't add viral damage, just Gas. So ditch the Thermite rounds.

Magnetic damage is Cold + Electric

Viral is Cold + Toxic

So the problem is if you try to add more COLD damage, it will just boost the Magnetic damage

If you try to add a Toxin mod, the magnetic damage will stay magnetic, and you will just add Toxin damage.

So you'll have a typical corpus killer Magnetic + Toxin. 

You'll kill shields with magnetic, and you have Toxin that goes through shields as well.

You didn't add viral damage, just Gas. So ditch the Thermite rounds.

Magnetic damage is Cold + Electric

Viral is Cold + Toxic

So the problem is if you try to add more COLD damage, it will just boost the Magnetic damage

If you try to add a Toxin mod, the magnetic damage will stay magnetic, and you will just add Toxin damage.

So you'll have a typical corpus killer Magnetic + Toxin. 

You'll kill shields with magnetic, and you have Toxin that goes through shields as well.

Right, I did mistake in my first post, it's gas not viral, but my question still remains unanswered. Right now I have both magnetic & gas, but why only magnetic icon appears when I hit enemy? Does gas work too? I'm not sure.

Edited by dendroaspis84

Right, I did mistake in my first post, it's gas not viral, but my question still remains unanswered. Right now I have both magnetic & gas, but why only magnetic icon appears when I hit enemy? Does gas work too? I'm not sure.

Yes, Gas will work, but has a lower chance of proc'ing due to the fact that Magnetic is higher in damage.

Although I'm pretty sure that is how it determines what procs more often, I'm not 100% sure. It's just my understanding of how status chance works. I have mine built with Magnetic (innate) and Viral (for Raids and Void with 4x CP). The viral has a much higher damage number and seems to proc more often than Magnetic does.

Edited by (PS4)iTJ84

Okay.

For Infested mostly. I like using this weapon on Invasion missions & kill them in big numbers on defense missions or survival.

Edited by dendroaspis84

Okay.

For Infested mostly. I like using this weapon on Invasion missions & kill them in big numbers on defense missions or survival.

Becareful with Gas against the Infested. It is good against the little guys but, is terrible for Ancients. You're better off with Corrosive + Heat.

dwEugfX.jpg

Tysis has innate corrosive damage (toxic + electric)

Yet this weapon has corrosive and viral

(toxic + electric) and (toxic + cold)

The problem in your synoid simulor is that you put electric and cold as the first two elemental mods so you added magnetic yourself...

If you want viral you have to swap malignant force with high voltage in the pic above.

This would give you a magnetic/viral/heat weapon.

This will also change the amount of damage Viral does compared to magnetic in Virals favor which will also cause the weapon to be more likely to proc viral than magnetic.

All right guys, I got now how this system work, but now I noticed one more interesting thing about Synoid Simulor. It does huge amount of damage if hit is critical. I noticed that & removed "Thermite rounds & Malignant Force", replaced with critical chance & critical damage mods & wow, damage was unbelievable. You can see it in my screenshot:

3pm6YSs.jpg

It was giving them often around 50 000 - 60 000 damage...

This is it. Your respective damage numbers for your elemental damages determines the chances of one or the other proccing. If a weapon has much more magnetic damage than gas, it'll tend to proc magnetic. That said, the actual DAMAGE from those elements (magnetic and gas) are still applied to your shots. 

So in the case of a gun have 300 impact, 500 magnetic, and 100 gas, you'll be seeing 1100 damage (in the form of impact, magnetic, and gas), with magnetic procs more often.

Physical damage procs have 4x the weight over those of elements. You will not be proccing magnetic more often in your example, instead, it will be impact. This is the reason why a lot of people that understand the advantage of status effects and want to build for it will nearly always favor weapons without physical damage over those with it, as long as the weapon itself is good compared to other physical alternatives.

Edited by nms64