Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Games From The Ps2 Era

TheErebus.

GTA:V my eyes literally hurt when seeing how overly blurry it all is. No wonder I now wear glassess...

Resident Evil: Outbreak. Noticed how bland it truly was last month replaying it.

Xenosaga: Episode2...why did half the team need to get fired before making it?! The first one is still a masterpeice.

Or, maybe it's not nostalgia, maybe it's the fact that it was good then. Very good, and looking back on older games after years of improvements your cynical side makes you think they are terrible.

I'll take your word for it. ACV was my only experience with the series.

You poor, poor soul. You just missed the greatest Armored Core game: AC4A (armored core for answer).

Timesplitters.

The future me will also say Timesplitters.

Timesplitters.

HEY HEY HEY.... This is a thread about games that are bad. That level of blasphemy.... that's a hanging, noon tomorrow.

After some excavation I realized that I had in fact played AC4. How do the two compare?

AC4 is essentially the beta version of AC4A. 

AC4A has way more refinement, more user-friendly, more content and a certain level of replayability AND ALSO HAS VIBRATIONS. WHICH WAS SOMETHING THAT EVERY GAME WITH A GUN NEEDS (on console)

AC4A has way more refinement, more user-friendly, more content and a certain level of replayability AND ALSO HAS VIBRATIONS. WHICH WAS SOMETHING THAT EVERY GAME WITH A GUN NEEDS (on console)

Neat, thanks. Perhaps I'll look for it and do some console dusting.

Last Raven gave you issues? Man, the only difficult mission for me ever (if I remember right) was that one in the desert with the enemies buried in the sand.

The last time I played an AC game (before our PS3 broke...), I played the very first AC for regular old PS1. The controls felt a little funky after spoiling myself with AC4, but it worked well and still felt awesome.

I did fairly recently (few months ago) play through Ninja Gaiden 2 again. That one felt great, so I went back to play the first Ninja Gaiden (for xbox). It didn't feel nearly as fluid or smooth, but by golly it's still a darn good game. Granted, I didn't finish it since I went out of town and forgot to start it back up, but still.

OH. I started a new character on Morrowind a week or 2 ago then got too distracted to keep playing. If you want to complain about older clunky games, play that. Even with all its faults, though, it's still one of my favorite games out there.

I guess I don't get disappointed by older games I liked. If I enjoyed them back then, I'll enjoy them now.

After some excavation I realized that I had in fact played AC4. How do the two compare?

Some people liked ACV, IMO AC4A was lightyears better. 4A had mega fortress bosses, as well as the usual mech vs mech action. 4A had splitscreen so you could play local, it had overhead camera which as far as I'm concerned is the only good style of camera for armored core because it does constantly shift into angles that block your vision while you're using cover. 4A was more balanced all round, and in general was a lot of fun. As for ACV: terrible camera, terrible controls, no mega fortress boss battles, highly unbalanced arsenal, the only upside was a graphics overhaul. Not worth a cent to me. I would buy AC4A again on launch day if it released on PC. Unfortunately I cant get my hands on a last gen version of the game.

Totally forgot to reply to this one, got carried away. I think of the AC games as a prologue and full version like how gran turismo did.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

4A was more balanced all round

You really need to play AC4A again. 

It is not balanced at all, you blaze through the entire game with one of the shotgun shoulder weapons and when I say the entire game, I do literally mean the entire game.

Edited by TheErebus.

You really need to play AC4A again. 

It is not balanced at all, you blaze through the entire game with one of the shotgun shoulder weapons and when I say the entire game, I do literally mean the entire game.

I'd like to see you do that with orcus missions. I really would. Because I know that there are certain missions that cannot be done with just a shotgun. White glint boss for example, as well as the algebra arms fort.

And then there's multiplayer. Good luck killing anything at all with a shotgun, my modified booster white glint couldn't even be targetted by shotguns.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I'd like to see you do that with orcus missions. I really would. Because I know that there are certain missions that cannot be done with just a shotgun. White glint boss for example, as well as the algebra arms fort.

And then there's multiplayer. Good luck killing anything at all with a shotgun, my modified booster white glint couldn't even be targetted by shotguns.

Oh those? I did those with the gatling guns. Which are just as unbalanced. 

Only 2 missions I know of you cannot do it with a shotgun, white glint and another. Practically everything else: Shotgun and/or gatling gun.

It is far from being balanced. 

I can't speak for MP because it's practically dead right now

Edited by TheErebus.

Oh those? I did those with the gatling guns. Which are just as unbalanced. 

Only 2 missions I know of you cannot do it with a shotgun, white glint and another. Practically everything else: Shotgun and/or gatling gun.

It is far from being balanced. 

I can't speak for MP because it's practically dead right now

Well to be fair, even on the highest difficulty most of the AI were predictable. Which in alot of games take away the challenge. The weapons thereself are not unbalanced, the shotgun actually works like a shotgun, unlike most games, it does serious damage, but has pathetic range, at that range you're actually better off using the blades, they do higher damage, have less weight and don't use ammo. The only downside to blades are the targetting is difficult to get used to as it doesn't hit directly in front of you, and that is uses energy, and if your reactor isn't powerful enough and you miss you're in a lot of trouble.

Well to be fair, even on the highest difficulty most of the AI were predictable. Which in alot of games take away the challenge. The weapons thereself are not unbalanced, the shotgun actually works like a shotgun, unlike most games, it does serious damage, but has pathetic range, at that range you're actually better off using the blades, they do higher damage, have less weight and don't use ammo. The only downside to blades are the targetting is difficult to get used to as it doesn't hit directly in front of you, and that is uses energy, and if your reactor isn't powerful enough and you miss you're in a lot of trouble.

The problem with shotguns is the PA penetration. 1 shot from absolutely destroys PA, and then take into account the fact that you deal twice the amount of damage if the PA of your opponent is gone. 

For most NEXTs, 2-5 shots is all it takes to completely wipe out the NEXT when the PA is gone. 

As for range, you can go pretty close to most NEXTs and they won't do much. But as you said, that's the fault of the lousy A.I.

The problem with shotguns is the PA penetration. 1 shot from absolutely destroys PA, and then take into account the fact that you deal twice the amount of damage if the PA of your opponent is gone. 

For most NEXTs, 2-5 shots is all it takes to completely wipe out the NEXT when the PA is gone. 

As for range, you can go pretty close to most NEXTs and they won't do much. But as you said, that's the fault of the lousy A.I.

Yeah... white glint is the only NEXT you don't want to get close to, that assault armour 1 hits most NEXTs, for the rest only a couple of rounds finishes it.