Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cephalon Aris. Ask Me Things.

aeonicstudios

It is said Cephalons have superior intelligence. I'd like you to show these Tennos it is true. Please solve this simple equation for us stupid mortal beings in the name of science. mimetex-cgi.gif

Tenno ShaneKahnnigan17, while I disagree hardily with Cephalon Aris' manner of speech towards his Operator and other Tenno I do have to suggest that provoking him would be a poor choice. Cracked Cephalons, especially ones with such obvious flaws as Aris displays, are unpredictable and potentially dangerous until such as time as they could be repaired. Providing them with such trivial-but-time-consuming equations would be best avoided.

~Cephalon Jaller

Tenno ShaneKahnnigan17, while I disagree hardily with Cephalon Aris' manner of speech towards his Operator and other Tenno I do have to suggest that provoking him would be a poor choice. Cracked Cephalons, especially ones with such obvious flaws as Aris displays, are unpredictable and potentially dangerous until such as time as they could be repaired. Providing them with such trivial-but-time-consuming equations would be best avoided.

~Cephalon Jaller

Yeah...go tell that to limbo. Ah right...oops.

• 3 weeks later...

WWWWOAH. Do I have a story to tell you all! Remember that one beeping package a LONG time ago? Good news, it completely eradicated my operator and blew a hole in the ship! I have no idea where I am or how I landed here across the depths of space, but there's a faint internet connection. Anyone up for a round two of questions?

WWWWOAH. Do I have a story to tell you all! Remember that one beeping package a LONG time ago? Good news, it completely eradicated my operator and blew a hole in the ship! I have no idea where I am or how I landed here across the depths of space, but there's a faint internet connection. Anyone up for a round two of questions?

You survived? Um, wouldn't you rather have some help getting to a repair station? After what my cephalon did, I would gladly pay for the repairs.

Well, considering your previous location, the position and power of the explosion, and the time that has passed... I'd say that you're drifting off somewhere near the border of the void. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It would seem so. That might explain why the vacuum of space hasn't eradicated me yet. I think I'm on course to cross the barrier rather soon, though. This should be interesting.

Lets get into this straightforward: How much do you cost?

The typical, unmodified cephalon would cost about half a million credits. As far as I'm aware, I'm not too far modified, but unfortunately, I'm not for sale right now.

Holy Twin Grakatas, I was right? Well, that was unexpected... Are you sure you don't want anyone to come save you? I could try and find you myself, or even adopt you as my new cephalon, since my last one was... a dissapointment... you which one I mean, the one the upgrates were taken from and exploded you to oblivion? Yeah, good times. Anyway, do you see any land marks? Any orokin towers or asteroids?

Holy Twin Grakatas, I was right? Well, that was unexpected... Are you sure you don't want anyone to come save you? I could try and find you myself, or even adopt you as my new cephalon, since my last one was... a dissapointment... you which one I mean, the one the upgrates were taken from and exploded you to oblivion? Yeah, good times. Anyway, do you see any land marks? Any orokin towers or asteroids?

I think I'll wing it for now. This is like.... my calling. Something about this feels like I'm supposed to continue inward. Not that I can help the way I'm drifting at the moment. You know how gravity is. Current landmarks, though... hmm. Oh. There's a REALLY big ship drifting in near me. Might hit it if I- yeah, I might be able to board it.

Ahahah, it looks like all it takes to win over my own ship and go on cool adventures was to get brutally injured in an explosion that kills my boss and everything he owned! The thing doesn't even have any communications activity! It's empty!

But yes, if you do come looking for me, mind the giant ship and the bits of glowing glass near it.

Glowing glass? I'm guessing you indeed are near an Orokin tower. Don't worry, I'll go check the border of the void right away. And I know what you mean with the void is calling you. I feel it too. Sometimes, I just want to get out of my liset and swim in the heart of the void, completely ignoring the brutal radiation that would disintegrate me in a matter of seconds... I think. I'm not a scientist, I don't know what the void would actually do. But anyway, I'm on my way to the void now, if you have any still working functions on your ship, like radio, lights, weapons, anything, try using it to signal me when I'm near.

Glowing glass? I'm guessing you indeed are near an Orokin tower. Don't worry, I'll go check the border of the void right away. And I know what you mean with the void is calling you. I feel it too. Sometimes, I just want to get out of my liset and swim in the heart of the void, completely ignoring the brutal radiation that would disintegrate me in a matter of seconds... I think. I'm not a scientist, I don't know what the void would actually do. But anyway, I'm on my way to the void now, if you have any still working functions on your ship, like radio, lights, weapons, anything, try using it to signal me when I'm near.

I think you misunderstand a little, friend. My old ship is long gone. I'M the little bits of glass floating out in space... metaphorically, I guess? I'm right next to the docking port of this weird, giant ship that looks empty. By the time you hear this, I'll probably be on board. I'm just wondering how I'm going get around.

I think you misunderstand a little, friend. My old ship is long gone. I'M the little bits of glass floating out in space... metaphorically, I guess? I'm right next to the docking port of this weird, giant ship that looks empty. By the time you hear this, I'll probably be on board. I'm just wondering how I'm going get around.

You are the glowing glass? That's going to make finding you even harder, since the void glows too. Still no sight of any giant ships, the void is a big place, no doubt it's going to take some time.

But who knows? Maybe you somehow manage to gain control over the ship.

Anyway, we should be asking questions, right? What do you think about Jordas?

You are the glowing glass? That's going to make finding you even harder, since the void glows too. Still no sight of any giant ships, the void is a big place, no doubt it's going to take some time.

But who knows? Maybe you somehow manage to gain control over the ship.

Anyway, we should be asking questions, right? What do you think about Jordas?

He was a shame. A tragedy. The infestation is a horrible, dreadful thing. Speaking of which... I think I understand now why this ship is empty.

Hey, if you see vor, tell him that his belief is stupid, courtesy of me Fang said as an unnecessary comment.

Um...I have a question.....what makes you happy? Luna asked everyone.

I would be pleased to inform the Ex Captain Vor that he's a complete idiot. Like I need any more competition to find empty warframes.

What makes me happy?

The pursuit of destruction.

Knowing.

Being alive.

And owning more.

You do? Tell me, it sounds interesting...

I'm still searching by the way, no sight of a ship anywhere. Lets hope you won't meet the same fait as Jordas, or a similiar one...

I've been able to sync with the systems enough to use the scanners, and there are signs of a contained infested creature. No signs of the infestation latching onto the ship so far, but there are one or two infested life forms shambling around somewhere here. I'll do my best to activate quarantine on parts of the ship where they've been. I am not letting these things take over my new property!

New property eh? Is that ship even functional? Maybe it's just abandoned, considering there are infested there which haven't consumed the ship yet... perhaps they're locked in cages? Who knows...

Once I find you I could try helping you fix the ship. I could be the captain and you my humble trusty cephalon... or the other way around, whatever suits you more.

New property eh? Is that ship even functional? Maybe it's just abandoned, considering there are infested there which haven't consumed the ship yet... perhaps they're locked in cages? Who knows...

Once I find you I could try helping you fix the ship. I could be the captain and you my humble trusty cephalon... or the other way around, whatever suits you more.

THE FIRST SERVANT TO MY GODHOOD. I HAVE NO ARGUMENTS.

I... have no idea what that was. I'm trying to use the quarantine to choke out the infested, so if it wan't them... did I just say that? Maybe I should devote more time to finding repairs here on the ship. This much void energy directly to my shattered form surely can't be good for me in the long run. 

HEHEHEHE. MAYBE BEING EXPOSED A LITTLE LONGER WOULDN'T BE...

It might not be safe to engage the ship directly when you find me.

If you say so. I know that glitching isn't uncommon for a cephalon, especialy for one that got almost blown up. But that glitch was vierd, even for you. Probably just some void echoes...

((Btw, you decide when I find you or not, I don't want to ruin what you have going on here))

If you say so. I know that glitching isn't uncommon for a cephalon, especialy for one that got almost blown up. But that glitch was vierd, even for you. Probably just some void echoes...

((Btw, you decide when I find you or not, I don't want to ruin what you have going on here))

Yes, hopefully it's not messing me up, although I doubt it could do more harm than what's already done.

((Don't worry, I'm sort of constructing everything based on yours and anyone else's replies. Sub-worldbuilding on the fly! But, just in case...))

I'm seeing another craft nearby on the scanners. Is that you?

You do? Wait, let me look around... Yes! I see a big ship! Is that yours? Wow, I can't imagine what the interrior is like. But anyway, should I approach and get you into my liset somehow? My previous cephalon got... removed, so there should be an empty AI slot for you.

((BTW, does this take place before or after U18?))

Edited by Denny2669

You do? Wait, let me look around... Yes! I see a big ship! Is that yours? Wow, I can't imagine what the interrior is like. But anyway, should I approach and get you into my liset somehow? My previous cephalon got... removed, so there should be an empty AI slot for you.

((BTW, does this take place before or after U18?))

For the moment, I suppose it would be a help if you'd board the ship and help extinguish the infested inside. That's part of your job anyways, right? I don't think exposing infested creatures to the void like this would have a good effect.

YES, INTO THE DEN OF THE KING.

((As in U18 being canon, or you having completed the Second Dream? Just depends on whether you want your operator on board, I guess.))

Of course, I'll board right away...

Allright, boarded and am equipped for battle. If you see a Mesa running arround killing everything in her way like a maniac, don't be allarmed, that would be me. By the way, I could use some directions to the infested, my map seems to be glitching... again.

((I would rather have U18 not be cannon to this RP))

Edited by Denny2669