Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously? Tennoball?

Arcira

Hey everyone,

I feel like the relays and dojo could need some more life. I came up whit the idea of some kind of arena where you can watch people fighting or some stuff. One moment! spectate? arena? Sounds like a kind of sport. But that would not fit the Warframe design. Or does it?

Tenno are known for there abilities and martial arts skills, but these also need hard training. Next to the usual way to do it, they invented a kind of competitive ritual. Among the Tenno it's considered not only as a game, rather than a opportunity to train there reflexes, aiming, parkour and team-focus. 

But how does it work?

Like in most competitive game-modes there will be 2 teams, consisting of 5 team members each. The ball is a cephalon including his special oddities.

The goal is to throw him through a big ring (about 10 meter diameter) in the enemy territory. There are no weapons or abilities allowed.

The arenas are symmetrical and feature some small portals, which are big enough for the cephalon, but not a tenno. Portals with the same color are connected to each other and work in both directions.

The carrier,

is the person who carries the cephalon at the moment. He gets a small speed debuff but is able to use parkour as usual.

He can throw the cephalon with the left mouse button. 

The hunters,

trying to catch the enemy or defend the ally carrier.

He is able to perform a bullet-jump like bodyslam in order to knock the carrier down with lmb. Note that the cephalon will be dropped and not instantly picked up by the hunter. 

You can knock down enemy hunter as well. But consider that these are able to enter a defense stance that allows a counter move and knocks down the attacker instead. This counter only works if you are facing him.

The keeper,

is the tenno closest to the own ring-goal. He can perform a special defense stance that activates a shield which blocks knockdowns from any direction and offers a slightly bigger surface in order to catch the cephalon.

Let me know what you think about it and thanks for reading.

edit: Just noticed that I posted to the wrong sub-forum. Can I switch it to the concept forum somehow ^^'?

Edited by Arcira