The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is This A Good Build For Frost Prime?

(XBOX)simo949

Question

15 answers to this question

You are sacrificing a lot of efficiency and a lot of duration.

Chilling Globe's effect is based off of duration, so a higher duration is preferred. Also, Snow Globe can be spamm-able, making a lot of its strength redundant. Some is okay, but focusing on it will hurt your late game effectiveness by a large margin.

Half a second of extra Globe will not help you if you can't bring it back up.

My personal build is:

Arcane Squall

Rejuvenation

Rush

Primed Flow

Primed Continuity

Fleeting Expertise R4

Streamline R4

Redirection

Armored Agility

Stretch

Chilling Globe.

Redirection is more of playstyle preference. I like to be able to tank a bit more damage.

My speed is important to me, as getting around the battlefield is far more desired than being able to stand still hence both those mods, the armor also helps Globe live a few extra enemy levels longer.

Primed Continuity counteracts my Fleeting, with a little extra boost.

Primed Flow gives me a huge reserve to work with.

Stretch is a teeny bit smaller than I'd like Globe to be, but it's not too small and not too big. Provides a good barrier with enough buffer to avoid Bombard rockets within it.

Rejuvenation is not necessary, but it does save you from all kinds of health reduction procs. It's there with the idea in mind that you cannot trust your teammates to heal you, because I never can. T.T

With this build, all my base stats are over 100%, my efficiency at max, and my Sprint Speed at 1.38.

Who ever accused Frost of being slow?

1ulcq7D.png

Bit of efficiency for reduced cast costs. Extended base range for a slightly larger AoE. Double strength because it doubles your bubbles health pool.

Obviously with the larger health pool, adding Steel fiber and Armoured agility in increases the bubbles effective HP. 

Using the below formulae:

Modified Health = (Base Health + 5 × Frost's Base Armor × Base Armor Bonus) × (1 + Power Strength) + Absorbed Damage.

You don't need chilling globes effect, if you are in the bubble upon casting snowglobe it instantly freezes all enemies and pushes them away. After the rework of frost the mod is no longer useful.

For the Redirection vs Vitality, Vitality will win overall as it gives you a better bubble pool in the first place.

Bubbles in this build can easily last for a decent time at 40+ Minutes / Waves.

Edited by Tad_Dekker

You want to PRIORITIZE an efficiency value of 170%-175% minimum for a defense build for 2 reasons:

1: Globe will end up being spammed every 3-4 seconds because damage to globe during th 4 seconds after its initial cast converts enemy damage to it into more health for snowglobe and because it's invulnerable during those 4 seconds

2: when you recast a snowglobe in your snowglobe, the health from your old snowglobe gets added to the new snowglobe's health. Don't believe me, simulacrum vs a bombard and see how many rockets it takes to take out 1 globe vs 1 globe stacked 3+ times

If you're using chilling globe, bring some duration. Because of snow globe's ability to stack, you don't have to prioritize heavily on Transient Fortitude and Blind Rage and since at high lvl waves things are going to tear globe easily regardless, you'll be relying heavily on the 4 seconds and recast tactic

You want to PRIORITIZE an efficiency value of 170%-175% minimum for a defense build for 2 reasons:

1: Globe will end up being spammed every 3-4 seconds because damage to globe during th 4 seconds after its initial cast converts enemy damage to it into more health for snowglobe and because it's invulnerable during those 4 seconds

2: when you recast a snowglobe in your snowglobe, the health from your old snowglobe gets added to the new snowglobe's health. Don't believe me, simulacrum vs a bombard and see how many rockets it takes to take out 1 globe vs 1 globe stacked 3+ times

If you're using chilling globe, bring some duration. Because of snow globe's ability to stack, you don't have to prioritize heavily on Transient Fortitude and Blind Rage and since at high lvl waves things are going to tear globe easily regardless, you'll be relying heavily on the 4 seconds and recast tactic

For your second point, they don't merge --

OoV0e5U.png

Edited by Tad_Dekker

As stated above, +50% efficiency is the bare minimum and +75% is preferred. I personally don't like Chilling Globe - the effect is somewhat wasted when you could just recast SG to blast all enemies out of the globe. I prefer Frost's IWI or FF augment, providing either additional slows against enemies (this can make the globe last longer) or a substantial damage buff to teammates.

Looks as though James is incorrect.

If you are placing a new Snow Globe near an existing Snow Globe, the original Snow Globe is dispelled and it's remaining health stacks into the new Globe and the Invulnerability time is reset.

He's probably just disseminating old info. The globes used to not merge, as his answer implies. It's very easy to test in game; globes definitely get stronger.

-snip-

Did you actually test it on a bombard as in place globe, wait for the invulnerability period to end, then summon the bombard? Casting snowglobe within another snowglobe does result with the old globe being absorbed into it. Cast it from a meter from the first cast and you'll see.

Did you actually test it on a bombard as in place globe, wait for the invulnerability period to end, then summon the bombard? Casting snowglobe within another snowglobe does result with the old globe being absorbed into it. Cast it from a meter from the first cast and you'll see.

I already know it does, however this was through community speculation. The ticket was raised to verify the truth behind it and what actually happens.

I already know it does, however this was through community speculation. The ticket was raised to verify the truth behind it and what actually happens.

If the ticket was a verification of the truth then the game must be lying because that would mean:

1: your snowglobe shouldn't disappear if you cast another one anywhere inside it

2: the health of a globe stacked 4 times would be as tanky as one stacked 15 times

Pro tipp when going against grineer(including void): go max range to protect against rockets.

Strength isn't the only mechanic that works for you, the globe has a 3 sec long invincibility phase that collects incomming damage and adds it to its overall health, the base health is therefore not nearly as important as efficiency and range.

I'd recommend

Streamline

Fleeting expertise R4-5 (170-180%(max 175) efficency)

Stretch

Overstretched

(Prime)Flow

(Prime)Continuity

Eather Shields or Health

And

Chilling Globe

Just spamming the globe in a 3sec rythm under attack scales the health up. The max range and medicore duration also works wonders for chilling globe AND his ultimate, while you offer ACTUALL protection to your group.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Why ppl love prime flow so much? it doesn't offer that much utility to frost prime
I'm using squall helmet - it's adding more hp towards globe than aurora + buffs other skills aswell
http://goo.gl/qakDPX - this build focused on utilising chilling globe and it's freeze. Mostly using this build with Energy siphon on Triton ( neptune)

41Ifpak.png?1

Max globe hp without blind rage  http://goo.gl/dhSZwb - more focused build for void defence type maps.

lJPL1t2.png?1

Freeze force build to support mesa (if someone is still using her for defence) - http://goo.gl/cJ2TqP

GY0RGRS.png?1

Only for defense type missions:

Rejuvenation

Fleeting expertise

Intensify

Blind rage

Transient fortitude

Redirection

Steel fiber

Stretch

Chilling globe

check my post, and big tip, if warframe has decent ammount of armor, u should prior vitality over redirection, becase vitality will give you more EHP overall

1ulcq7D.png

Bit of efficiency for reduced cast costs. Extended base range for a slightly larger AoE. Double strength because it doubles your bubbles health pool.

Obviously with the larger health pool, adding Steel fiber and Armoured agility in increases the bubbles effective HP.

Using the below formulae:

Modified Health = (Base Health + 5 × Frost's Base Armor × Base Armor Bonus) × (1 + Power Strength) + Absorbed Damage.

You don't need chilling globes effect, if you are in the bubble upon casting snowglobe it instantly freezes all enemies and pushes them away. After the rework of frost the mod is no longer useful.

For the Redirection vs Vitality, Vitality will win overall as it gives you a better bubble pool in the first place.

Bubbles in this build can easily last for a decent time at 40+ Minutes / Waves.

I have a question

Imo if enemies are freezed by chilling globe IT feels that the enemies are weaker than normal so my question

Is it maybe the possibility that the chilling globe gets any armor reduction by freezing enemies or is it only my feeling as it?