Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Live Stream Did Not Adress Platnum Or Slots At All + More

cknives

People keep forgetting (or don't know in the first place) that Warframe at this moment is a DE's stand-alone project.

They have no publishers to back them up with a strong financial budget.

That does not justify the shortcomings regarding the in-game market,that is true. What it means however is that the Warframe staffs are very limitted in man-power compared to other big games. They are a small team, passionate, but small nevertheless.

And the game is still in Beta. Yes, I know you've heard this a thousand times before, but that's because it is true.

Warframe will grow with time, the "end game" you're asking for may be in update 9, 10, who knows? But I agree with some of the posters above: May be you're already doing the end-game, you just haven't realized it yet :)

Endgame is just an arbitrary name for what you do when your max level.

Games like counterstrike/tf2/lol are always endgame and you play them to literally increase your skill

Games like wow have a gear grind with constant patches of new raids and content + the pvp/pve skill aspect.

Warframe has neither. The game is so easy that you don't need skill. And the gear grind is put on hold by slot restrictions and lack of diversity/progression.(there are no better warframes or better weapons so once you got your favorite set your done)

Planetside 2 has the same problem. It does have the pvp skill cap but its not competitive enough to really bring that out in a large group of players.

I really hope DE does SOMETHING to address this problem, because the fact that this has been a HUGE issue lately, and they haven't said anything is very sketchy. My only wish is that this is the fault of one person and the rest of the capable staff is working in the background to fix it.

Same here. I honestly assume that the person in charge/ owner of the company is doing it. The people on the live stream just seem like nice gamer friendly guys.

I'm not sure if you're serious...

So you really think Steve would think its a good idea to sell warframes for 30$ ? He seems like hes played other games before i really doubt he would do that.

A lot of those weird bullS#&$ things that pop up in games (D3,sc2..etc) that make gamers go WTF are nothing but corporate garbage influence to push some kind of agenda.

Edited by cknives

So you really think Steve would think its a good idea to sell warframes for 30$ ? He seems like hes played other games before i really doubt he would do that.

A lot of those weird bullS#&$ things that pop up in games (D3,sc2..etc) that make gamers go WTF are nothing but corporate garbage influence to push some kind of agenda.

They'll never breath a word of where it comes from, so it's speculation at best.

Endgame is just an arbitrary name for what you do when your max level.

Games like counterstrike/tf2/lol are always endgame and you play them to literally increase your skill

Games like wow have a gear grind with constant patches of new raids and content + the pvp/pve skill aspect.

Warframe has neither. The game is so easy that you don't need skill. And the gear grind is put on hold by slot restrictions and lack of diversity/progression.(there are no better warframes or better weapons so once you got your favorite set your done)

Planetside 2 has the same problem. It does have the pvp skill cap but its not competitive enough to really bring that out in a large group of players.

If this game was a $50 purchase, then your complaints may be valid.

However, like I said, this is the OPEN BETA of a F2P game, which has a very small dev team and limited budget. You cannot expect them to pull out time, money and human resource out of magic hats.

If you are so bent on instantly having an "end game", then may be you could take a break, look at other games that have that "end game" you crave (WoW gear grinds comes to mind). Check in once in a while, may be Update 9 or 10 will deliver what you expect Warframe to have, all for free :)

Also keep in mind that not only was this information not mentioned in the livestream, but nothing has been mentioned on the forums or anywhere else, and normally when a popular issue rises a community mod will say SOMETHING even if it's a simple, "that's being worked on", or "we can't say anything about that right now, but don't worry".

I still hope that DE has the best intentions for whatever it is they're doing. 

Edited by dreampuke

If this game was a $50 purchase, then your complaints may be valid.

However, like I said, this is the OPEN BETA of a F2P game, which has a very small dev team and limited budget. You cannot expect them to pull out time, money and human resource out of magic hats.

If you are so bent on instantly having an "end game", then may be you could take a break, look at other games that have that "end game" you crave (WoW gear grinds comes to mind). Check in once in a while, may be Update 9 or 10 will deliver what you expect Warframe to have, all for free :)

Where did i complain? If you read the OP my only problem about the subject of endgame is that they are focusing on extra stuff like dojos instead of fixing what little endgame they have(endless defense)

Everything else was just discussion in reply to others.

In reply to you: Go look at the other pve F2Ps. Neverwinter is a content monster and you can even exchange in game currency for paid currency.

Edited by cknives

Well i got a reply from Rebecca she said:

Misinformation is more dangerous than anything, so the conversation the community wants to have about this will happen once the devs have had adequate time to decide. It is too uncertain to comment.

Take that as you will..at least she was nice enough to reply :)

Misinformation is more dangerous than anything, so the conversation the community wants to have about this will happen once the devs have had adequate time to decide. It is too uncertain to comment.

Good, now that we're not left in the dark. Thumbs up to you Rebecca

Haha jeeze, so much for a "Private Message ;)". Just kidding cknives! The thoughts and perspectives are known, it's tough to be absolute and comment when things change quite quickly. I hope it helps just to know that it's not being ignored!

Haha jeeze, so much for a "Private Message ;)". Just kidding cknives! The thoughts and perspectives are known, it's tough to be absolute and comment when things change quite quickly. I hope it helps just to know that it's not being ignored!

It actually does help a little =]

Suggestion: More funny red accounts like Grineeer that pop into threads you guys are looking at with a quick one liner just letting us know you're around.

Light-hearted humor goes with ambiguity like lamb and tuna fish.

Edited by Archistopheles

Could be they did not address the matters because they still had not come to a formal decision or that they didn't want to get locked into a decision yet because they were still play testing things in house.

There are reasons why they might not have answered them as of yet.

I'd like to think that they are trying to come up with a well thought out and executed plan before going public with it.

Where did i complain? If you read the OP my only problem about the subject of endgame is that they are focusing on extra stuff like dojos instead of fixing what little endgame they have(endless defense)

Everything else was just discussion in reply to others.

In reply to you: Go look at the other pve F2Ps. Neverwinter is a content monster and you can even exchange in game currency for paid currency.

My apology then, I've been reading so much hate posts on the forums that I'm starting to read everyone's posts in an angry voice :)

I have played other F2P PvE games, I have seen games without an end-game dwindled, failing to keep its players interest (Guild Wars 2 come to mind, even though it's not F2P)

What I'm trying to say is: Please be patient. I have a hopeful belief that DE is actively working on an "end-game", they are just keep secrets for a big surprise (as usual).

The Dojo was the answer for those who asked for a purpose for a clan when missions are 4-players only.

Who knows? The next big thing might be the end-game many of us have been anxiously waiting for, it just takes a lot more time to get it right :)

People keep forgetting (or don't know in the first place) that Warframe at this moment is a DE's stand-alone project.

They have no publishers to back them up with a strong financial budget.

That does not justify the shortcomings regarding the in-game market,that is true. What it means however is that the Warframe staffs are very limitted in man-power compared to other big games. They are a small team, passionate, but small nevertheless.

And the game is still in Beta. Yes, I know you've heard this a thousand times before, but that's because it is true.

Warframe will grow with time, the "end game" you're asking for may be in update 9, 10, who knows? But I agree with some of the posters above: May be you're already doing the end-game, you just haven't realized it yet :)

I really need to go back to one of the livestreams where they brought this up and said that right now it's how it is because they are small and can't afford to just hand the space out.  They already have waaay more people playing than they originally thought, and each additional slot is more storage they need.  And please don't cry out about well it's just a weapon blah blah blah.  It's not.  Each weapon, per account, with different mods, with different polarties now, with different levels, with different exp, etc etc.  It's a ton of data.  If you want more, support DE and the game they are trying to make.  Giving them 5 bucks to get more slots to me isn't that big of a deal.  If you are so worried that purchasing slots is going to hurt you down the line... Just look back.  Or forward for that matter, because they are ALWAYS producing more content.  New warframes that require a slot.  New weapons that you guessed it! Require a slot.  So yea maybe they implement some system in the future that gives you a few more slots, just means you won't have to pay for the slots on the next couple of weapons/frames you get. 

For those of you who don't have access to credit cards, there are options out there.  (Steam cards etc.) For those of you who totally can't spend money... Don't know what to tell you, but again there's so many options that its pretty ignorant to pin it on DE and saying it's not fair. 

Flame on.

Edit:  Forgot to add my 2 cents about the plat pricing.  Ever think it's there to keep people from just BUYING the things.  This "lack of endgame" would be even less if people just willy nilly spent their plat on things they could earn.  So sure, you have the people who will OVERPAY because they can, or because they don't have a ton of time to farm etc and would like to experience a particular frame, but to accuse them of being money hungry is pretty unfair.  You can get damn near EVERYTHING without real money...

Edited by Firebat86

Flame on.

Why ? This thread was supposed to be informative. Nobody cares about your opinion. If you find the live stream where they said that(i watched them all i don't think they said that(at least not seriously) then post it. Other wise please go away.

Why ? This thread was supposed to be informative. Nobody cares about your opinion. If you find the live stream where they said that(i watched them all i don't think they said that(at least not seriously) then post it. Other wise please go away.

ROFL wow! It is informative.  As was my post.  Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't mean you can be rude and immature.

Edit: And if you want to play that game, what makes you so special that people should give a crap about your opinion.  Because this thread is in fact just that.  Your opinion.

Edited by Firebat86

Could be they did not address the matters because they still had not come to a formal decision or that they didn't want to get locked into a decision yet because they were still play testing things in house.

There are reasons why they might not have answered them as of yet.

I'd like to think that they are trying to come up with a well thought out and executed plan before going public with it.

We were not worried about "when" they'll give us more info, we were worried IF they'll do something about this. The fact that they haven't even said "we're working on it hold tight" started to seem sketchy, but recently we've been informed they they're not ignoring us, and like you said, trying to come up with a solution.

Once again best intentions.

ROFL wow! It is informative.  As was my post.  Just because it's not what you want to hear doesn't mean you can be rude and immature.

Edit: And if you want to play that game, what makes you so special that people should give a crap about your opinion.  Because this thread is in fact just that.  Your opinion.

ok your the smartest and the coolest now please don't start another flame war. If you want to argue about plat prices go necro one of the 100 page threads about it.

We were not worried about "when" they'll give us more info, we were worried IF they'll do something about this. The fact that they haven't even said "we're working on it hold tight" started to seem sketchy, but recently we've been informed they they're not ignoring us, and like you said, trying to come up with a solution.

Once again best intentions.

As stated before it can harm more then it does right if you just say "We can't comment on this right now" to a community burning with questions. Rebeccas response was that they have talked about it but nothing final has come out of it yet. People tend to cling to their words and hold it as the absolute truth, which can be used to discredit them if they happen to change their minds later on, be it for better or worse for the general direction of the game.

I really need to go back to one of the livestreams where they brought this up and said that right now it's how it is because they are small and can't afford to just hand the space out.  They already have waaay more people playing than they originally thought, and each additional slot is more storage they need.  And please don't cry out about well it's just a weapon blah blah blah.  It's not.  Each weapon, per account, with different mods, with different polarties now, with different levels, with different exp, etc etc.  It's a ton of data.  If you want more, support DE and the game they are trying to make.  Giving them 5 bucks to get more slots to me isn't that big of a deal.  If you are so worried that purchasing slots is going to hurt you down the line... Just look back.  Or forward for that matter, because they are ALWAYS producing more content.  New warframes that require a slot.  New weapons that you guessed it! Require a slot.  So yea maybe they implement some system in the future that gives you a few more slots, just means you won't have to pay for the slots on the next couple of weapons/frames you get. 

^ This, even with out official Dev words, makes the most sense out of all the posts in any of these threads. As ironic as it sounds, "space" isn't free.

Edited by Opacuslupus

ok your the smartest and the coolest now please don't start another flame war. If you want to argue about plat prices go necro one of the 100 page threads about it.

What are we 6?  Don't post your OPINION and get responses that don't conform to what YOU want to hear and act like a child and maybe you would be taken seriously. 

What are we 6?  Don't post your OPINION and get responses that don't conform to what YOU want to hear and act like a child and maybe you would be taken seriously. 

I asked for dev feedback concerning plat prices. I already know your kinds opinion from all the other plat argument threads. I just don't care anymore. I did not state my opinion in the OP. I stated the fact that the devs ignored the questions again. Rebecca answered so that's the best we will get for now.

Please just go read the other threads with an open mind. You may find some insights and change your mind. Anything i have to say on the topic is out there somewhere. I'm  to burned out to repeat my self again.

Edited by cknives

As stated before it can harm more then it does right if you just say "We can't comment on this right now" to a community burning with questions. Rebeccas response was that they have talked about it but nothing final has come out of it yet. People tend to cling to their words and hold it as the absolute truth, which can be used to discredit them if they happen to change their minds later on, be it for better or worse for the general direction of the game.

As I mentioned in my previous comment, I'm not looking for a final word from the devs saying what they plan to do. Just someone to say that we're not being ignored. As for the community with the "burning questions"  I can't speak on their behalf, because I'm part of the community that wants to know that our beloved company isn't becoming greedy. (Now we know they're not, I'm happy)

Edited by dreampuke