The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[WC] Ushtar: The Marine Tactician | 6/14/2017 - Added fulcrvm's last sketch

Rhekemi

41 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

I meant more like those mods that provide damage resistance to elemental damage.

I see. 

But honestly, at that point I'm sure someone would ask, "What's the point? Titania already does this, but more effectively."

I will still try to think of something, though.

4 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

I see. 

But honestly, at that point I'm sure someone would ask, "What's the point? Titania already does this, but more effectively."

I will still try to think of something, though.

Titania resists status procs, but not elemental damage itself.

12 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

Haven't played her, and assumed elemental damage falls under status procs (which it does, technically).

Not quite. For example, Trinity's link redirects ALL effects, but she still takes the damage, albeit after link's flat damage reduction.

Edited by Rehtael7

On 9/10/2016 at 2:35 AM, Rehtael7 said:

Not quite. For example, Trinity's link redirects ALL effects, but she still takes the damage, albeit after link's flat damage reduction.

Noted. Still will work on a way to make it shine, and be integrated into combat.

On 9/13/2016 at 11:27 AM, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

Good to see Ushtar tread is still going hopefully DE will see his potential 

Thanks, as always.

On 9/13/2016 at 11:40 AM, RenownedWheat42 said:

This is sick. I genuinely hope it's taken notice of.

Thank you. :]

• 1 month later...

Ushtar's birthday today.  I did not get a chance to update his kit with any of y'all's suggestions, or to finish his new splash pages, or his ability icon pages...but I did add his original Operator's name. Operator has a whole profile worked up, some stories that'll follow Ushtar the 'frame and others that will follow the operator are in my head somewhere. I just need to dig them out.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:09 AM, Rehtael7 said:

Conglaturation! Goluptious Birthday!

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:57 AM, Unus said:

Gratz there sir on keeping one of the pillars of teh created community alive and kicking. Bonus points for preparing to install history into your fellow's past!

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:49 AM, Max7238 said:

Only a year? Huh... Still not a 'frame I'd personally use, but a great idea for the community.

23 hours ago, Q-Nel-974 said:

My Futur Baby ! Ushtar !!

Thanks, guys! :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Rehtael7 said:

DE seems to be fairly hesitant to draw directly from the community. Still, I'd like to see something close to Rhek's final version of Ushtar see the main screen.

i know its so annoying! i thought it would save money and time if they went with fan concepts. I guess I was wrong! if there are legal issue i'm sure rhek doesn't mind giving them the design. if, it means his design is publish me personally I BE SO HONORED and wouldn't won't a damn dime. but lets be honest lately there concepts have went away from the space ninja to the fairy, the pirate, the monkey, the musician. the themes are starting to get weird. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

i know its so annoying! i thought it would save money and time if they went with fan concepts. I guess I was wrong! if there are legal issue i'm sure rhek doesn't mind giving them the design. if, it means his design is publish me personally I BE SO HONORED and wouldn't won't a damn dime. but lets be honest lately there concepts have went away from the space ninja to the fairy, the pirate, the monkey, the musician. the themes are starting to get weird. 

Well, as for money and time, the concept is the shortest and least expensive part of the dev process. And I'm pretty sure that by submitting something to fan concepts, you're agreeing to give DE your ideas for free.

35 minutes ago, Rehtael7 said:

Well, as for money and time, the concept is the shortest and least expensive part of the dev process. And I'm pretty sure that by submitting something to fan concepts, you're agreeing to give DE your ideas for free.

That's what I thought it would be illegal to copy right it and call it a 'warframe' when you don't own the rights!

Just now, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

That's what I thought it would be illegal to copy right it and call it a 'warframe' when you don't own the rights!

Yeah, it's not like anyone can do anything with the idea anyway if it's a Warframe design. Not like you can use Warframes in some other game.

On 11/8/2016 at 11:43 AM, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

man...I'm glad to see this new infested warframe so many different concepts and themes have been asked for but... damn I want a soldier type frame like this! no disrespect to DE infested frame, can't wait to get it. I want something fresh not just FLESH lol. 

On 11/8/2016 at 5:24 PM, Rehtael7 said:

DE seems to be fairly hesitant to draw directly from the community. Still, I'd like to see something close to Rhek's final version of Ushtar see the main screen.

On 11/9/2016 at 3:12 AM, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

On 11/9/2016 at 3:15 AM, Rehtael7 said:

On 11/9/2016 at 3:51 AM, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

On 11/9/2016 at 3:53 AM, Rehtael7 said:

Yeah, it's not like anyone can do anything with the idea anyway if it's a Warframe design. Not like you can use Warframes in some other game.

Hey, thanks as always for the support, guys!

Yes. I don't think any fan concept creator would care, making it a warframe concept already means DE owns the rights, and it would be an honor for any of us (as it would for me).

That said, y'all already know how I feel about the chances of it happening.

UPDATE:

Finally fleshed out (at least in some detail) the karambit topic I've been wanting to make. Linked in the first post, but it has its own thread.

• 3 months later...

A little update on this, I've been stuck in between updating his kit and writing a lore piece to show Ushtar in action (during the war). The drive to continue working on these fan concepts has definitely waned, but I want to at least tidy him, Nzeru, and Lopata up with the additional works I'd planned.

Time will tell how much I can focus on them when my efforts are focused elsewhere right now.

Thanks for all the support, everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Rhekemi said:

While this is a rough sketch, not fulcrvm at his most impressive, it's still new artwork, more than I could ever ask for (fulcrvm can do no wrong by me) and new artwork is always great in my book.

KzBb6Og.png

@fulcrvm , don't be mad, bro. :cool:

ABSOLUTELY juicy suh! Is this a paid-for piece or is your Ful lad/lass "simply" a dedicated die-hard artist?