Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Username...

MrEvilMexican

Question

well anyways i was typing stuff in the trading chat as usual trying to buy a prisma skana...

as you all know, my username is MrEvilMEXICAN and im guessing the guy who offered me the prisma skana and yh, he typed in spanish and i told him that just cos my user is mrevilmex does not mean im mexican and he took it the racist way...

._. and then probs he go full rage... i just wanted your opinions... is my user racist AT ALL? i just dont want ppl complaining about me being racist when i named my tenno MrEvilEMex cos i like burritos... so yh i doubt a community mod wont lock this and gimme a warning but still... ill kinda feel bad that if i offend ppl when i didnt make my user the racist way...

T_T

Ragingdaemon: claiming that a statement you are making everytime you post at forums or speak or are seen ingame (By presenting your chosen name) should only be seen only applying to some imaginary hypotetical person instead of the nationality and people that are named there is quite a weak argument. If i would name myself KillAJew and argue that you dont know wich one im talking about and thus its not racist, would you feel that would make it ok ?

also daemon is archaic spelling for demon. either that or greek.

MrJxt: that person found it offensive after he told them that he is not mexican and doesnt speak spanish.

I know that feel...kinda^^

Sometimes i was mistaken for Russian, because LazerusKI, but its acually German, LazerusKI => KI = Künstliche Intelligenz => Artificial Intelligence

simply my name when Lazerus is taken and Lazerus Artificial doesnt fit or doesnt allow the space

But i have had a case where someone was "insulted" by it.

But honestly...i wouldnt care about that, your name is not something like "EvilMexicans" or so where it includes everyone, its just Mr, so just you, and as long as you dont insult them directly ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ who cares? You can insult some people with the most basic things, like eating bacon in front of a vegan...

There are the most interesting guys in chat, my best case was someone who wanted to buy ressources over and over again, so i told him that you cant trade them. His answer was simply f.you

Edited by LazerusKI

People can and will be offended by most anything... I'd say that there is a point where a name might be inappropriately racist, but yours fgalls comfortably inside the grey area (some people who're oversensitive/looking to be offended may be offended, but no fair and rational person will take offense).

On the other hand, if you're asking "could my name be offensive to the oversensitive/those looking to be offended" I would say yes (but keep in mind, this isn't difficult to accomplish).