Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced To Use Gear We Don't Want

Drakonnan180

The mastery system is brilliant in my opinion as it forces you to adapt to new weaponry and Warframes 

Except all you actually have to do is take the new weapon/warframe to kiste/kappa to get it to 30 than throw it out for the next one while keeping the good weapon (Hek) in reserve for serious missions.

You know you don't only rank up from leveling up gear, you can also just complete mini missions, its much easier and its enjoyable sometimes.

No, the mini-missions only give you affinity for your warframe, not mastery points.

And I agree, i HATE having to use all those useless peashooters just so i can use the actually interesting weapons. The game is essentially forcing me to waste time on items that i don't want to use. If all of the weapons were at least decent, then i could accept it, but when you get stuff like Lato or Mk1-Braton, which are worse than peashooters even, and the game demands i level them all the way up to rank 30 if i wish to experience the good content, it's really discouraging for me. There are just so many weapons that work extremely similarly and yet are objectively worse than others. Mk-1 < normal Braton < Gorgon, Boar < Strun < Hek, Lato < Kraken < Lex etc.

I've been playing this game regularly since before U6, and i still haven't reached Mastery 5, yet at least half of the lab weapons, which are actually unique for a change, require at least Mastery 6. It's an extremely repetitive and discouraging way of keeping players from accessing content and artificially prolonging their game time.

You can't master the same thing twice. ...Unless you hit yourself in the head in an effort to induce amnesia or something.

Likewise, a true master is versed in the proficient use of many tools. Your rash insistence to rely on the same techniques in perpetuity belie your claims of mastery. :-).

nuff said here

I was about to type a long post but luckily i scrolled down to find the words in which I meant to say myself

Except all you actually have to do is take the new weapon/warframe to kiste/kappa to get it to 30 than throw it out for the next one while keeping the good weapon (Hek) in reserve for serious missions.

Sure, you CAN do it that way, but SOME people find fun in wandering through lower-level missions with different weapons and having fun with the other weapons.

If you approach this game with "MUST GET EVERYTHING NOWZ!" attitude, then yeah you're going to feel "Forced" to do things you "Don't" want to do, if your only goal is to get (insert specific thing here), rather than "Play the game for playing the game".

You can't master the same thing twice. ...Unless you hit yourself in the head in an effort to induce amnesia or something.

Likewise, a true master is versed in the proficient use of many tools. Your rash insistence to rely on the same techniques in perpetuity belie your claims of mastery. :-).

Considering all the weapons that are basically copies of each other, that may not count too much.

Just take a look at how many longsword type weapons there are, whereas there are only 2 different types of longswords: The ones for normal attacks and the ones for charge attacks.

Why does it have to "make sense" anyways?

The problem is that the amount of mastery you can possibly gain is limited. And you simply can't level any further without leveling weapons you don't even want to have. The game basically forces you to obtain all the weapons in the game just for the sake of ranking up.

Even if you argue that mastery isn't that important anyways, it likely will become more important in the future.

I like the idea to broarden your horizons by trying new stuff, but it shouldnt have to be a massive priority. Hopefully when more gear becomes mastery locked they can look into this issue. People dont want to spend thier materials and time on weapons they dont want to use, i often feel compelled to stick with an item I dont like just to get the mastery points from it. The game stops becoming fun when it tells you to play a certain way.

Edit: Especially with frames, considering they give 200 points per level i believe. I want to use frames I like and not feel obligated to rank them just to get the feel that im progressing in the game.

So do I, but I think we'd all rather have the choice to do so for ourself. Using forma to level the same gun over and over, or trying out different guns. Give players choices how they level their mastery rank. Right now its just sorta a BS system there isnt much to other than a catchem all pokemon system your forced to use.

Idealy you try a few guns when you start out, you find a couple favorites, and then you polarize them a couple times to get more exp. Not that even after you find some guns you like you're forced to use every other gun out there to continue leveling up.

I do agree though, if we could just get some basic experience every time we finish a mission this wouldnt be an issue either. Seems DE likes screwing up simple concepts to me...

Frankly I don't have a problem with the Mastery system as is since I was going to run all weapons and frames as is anyway.

Maybe using all the weapons is a good thing since this is beta, after all.  You can use something, not just once and discard it, but thoroughly to 30, and then give feedback which actually means something.

That way, the weapon can be improved so that, when this hits retails, no one picks up that weapon and goes "This gun is crap."

Dont get me wrong I do enjoy trying new gear, but after awhile if I dont actually like it I dont want to feel like i have to rank it all the way to 30 just to get mastery points from it. Around level 15 or 20 you can get a feel for the item and see if you really like it or not, so if you dont I dont see why I should keep using it. Also to the posts about other shooters throwing in different weapon types, you usually get to try everything for a bit and from then on you can choose to keep using it or not. You like the machine gun but not the sniper? There will probably be a machine gun you can loot from an enemy or on the ground somewhere you can use, just so your dont have to keep a sniper most of the game.

Eh, I like it as it forces you out of your comfort zone to weapons you might not have otherwised tried. I disliked the sicarus at first, but now I like it a bit.

Mastery as it is only reflect 2 things,time to waste  lvling more stuff and the fact someone just has spent in most of the cases plat to buy warframes/weapons.

Nothing to do with personal skills or anyhing that should be relevant for a real gamer.not a farmer.

I don't get tons of time to play, but I truely resent that to make my rank progress I have to level weapons I don't actually like. If I only get an a couple of hours a week to play, then don't force me to use stuff I don't wanna use. If I have to use things that aren't fun, I will move onto another game that does not force me to do so.