Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Players Helping Players And I Need Help

PMR25

Question

basically i need help from however wants to reply im a mr3 with just a excalibur been on two months which i know is not long but im finding im not making any reel progress at least not enough to progress me like you think.I've watch videos of youtuber's specifically IFLYNN which i liked did a really gud job for a noob like myself and other youtubers,Elemented boltor,orthos,stug,gram,lecta,bo, etc other weapons waiting to be made but unable to craft as i dn't have the planet to get the rez im in a clan but find they'd rather take the "figure it out for myself approach" which i dn't mind but there's only so far you can go on your own and eventually you find have a group is better other than that im on the wiki/forums.finally have my syndicates BM/RV along with odonata waiting to be crafted but again need planet dn't have.

In the end all im lokking for is how i can progress in the game so it doesn't fell like my time's been wasted or that i've been runnging in a circel WF isn't my first GRinder as i have played FireFall which i'll assume people dn't know as this is WF i also get i will be told like im still too low,i only have one frame, and all other manner of talk.

14 answers to this question

we, currently, this game doesn't really have a progress system, from the very start you can do whatever you want, and there's little guidelines on how to start off your warframe journey  

so don't worry, it's not entirely your fault 

you really should start to get to know the game, don't rush it, try the weapons you have and see other warframes, lvl your mods/weapons, find a weapon you like and stick with it for a while 

I'll be happy to help you out, I'll add you ingame 

Do you already know how to unlock new planets? If so, try to unlock them one by one as the biggest problem it seems for you is the lack of resources.

Don't try to build too many new stuffs / syndicate first, I'd suggest, because they really need a huge amount of resources to sustain, which new players would certainly find it overwhelming.

Go step by step, and only start new directions when you find it is necessary to progress further eg. Arcwing. 

Mods = power.

Level up your core damage and defense mods by fusioning them with cores and duplicates with the same polarity to make them stronger. Rank up your frames and weapons so they have the capacity to install more mods.

Ask your clan for a Steel Charge aura mod, or any other auras they can spare to give your frame more mod capacity and keep an eye out for alerts which offer aura mods.

look up how to do vault runs do those for early platinum to fund purchasing mods while also remember under no circumstance should you sell your last copy of any modm

mods are power any mod that effects your frames power strength range duration or efficiency is considered a core mod and you need to collect and max them all to become efficient in this game

Edited by Prideswrath

thanks to all who replied u've helped me so much i will take evrything here and apply in game. For anyone wondering i have since found some clan members to hit up and even got some mods for my survival build also i now have the odonata archwing and will be doin some t1 survival to get prime parts also i have a kuburow egg and after getting my 150k i will be maturing it also i now have rhino frame/nova prime bp/valkyr crafting after a suggestion from a fellow clan member to add im am now using auto-install til i get my proper mods altho clan has told me i shuldn't i see it as a temp solution until i get my mods ranked up which is stil a ongoing issue but im sure i'll find out eventually how to efficiently rank my mods other than that im lokking at getting platinum to buy because i find if the thing u crafting gets there sooner the better basically. 

I have been playing for 1,5 months. I'm almost MR 12 and I have all but 3 frames. So it's possible but you need to be dedicated and play every day for few hours. Also, buying some plat can help to for easier start, not to buy frames or weapons but frame slots and potatoes (catalysts /reactors) but also few essential mods that are pain to farm and every frame needs them, like flow, streamline, fleeting expertise etc. 

I would advise you to open up your starchart asap. Ask for clanmates to taxi you to planet bosses to kill them together. That's how you will be able to get to more and more alerts, earn more credits. Rank up your basic mods like vitality, redirection asap. Get some decent tough frame like rhino. Get hek shotgun, buy scattered justice for 15P if you can. Or just get tonkor. Start playing void missions and orokin derilicts, to get some corrupted mods and more credits and primed parts. 

Those are first steps to get to. 

I play for slightly over 2 months or so and I felt very much the same as OP few weeks into the game.

My suggestions would be as follow:

1. Focus on unlocking new planets on the star chart, this is your main progression in early to mid-game

2. Get 2 or 3 all-round frames--Rhino is great warframe for early game and should help you progress through star chart. Frost is also essential frame along with Loki. These 3 frames will get you comfortably through start chart and well into Void. Rhino is general purpose warframe. It allows you to clear Nightmare missions relatively easy and early in the game. Loki is amazing for Spy or Rescue missions. Frost is great for Defense, Mobile Defense and Extraction missions. It is especially important to get Frost for Extraction missions as some of the best core farming missions are Extraction.

3. Get survival mods to mid-range (Redirection, Vitality, Fast Deflection), after which you should focus on your offensive mods (Serration and its equivalents, elemental mods). Rhino/Frost have enough defense/survival to overcome just about anything on star chart outside of T3 and above Void/Derelict missions.

4. If you are able to use Orokin catalysts on weapons, utilize noise reducing mods (Hush for rifles, Suppress for pistols). Silent weapons make your life amazingly simple in certain missions, eg. spy, rescue, even exterminate.

5. Start farming syndicate reputation early. I suggest Steel Meridian (SM) as first or second option due to hugely benefiting/powerful offerings: Hek-exclusive weapon mod Scattered Justice that makes Hek ultra powerful, it will carry you to mid-game easily. SM also offers one of most powerful secondary weapons, Vaykor Marelok, that is great end-game secondary. You will have to get 2 prime parts to progress through ranks but you can farm them yourself with a little patience (or buy them from other players for a few platinum).

6. I fell in love with Tiberon, you need 1 Forma and Latron to make it, but it is one of most powerful readily available weapons--hit-scan damage, burst trigger with minimal recoil. Tiberon with Orokin Catalyst and proper modding is 1-hit kill on any standard enemy on whole star chart.

7. Learn to love Triton excavation missions on Neptune. You will be farming it a lot for rare fusion cores, void keys and credits. It can be done in solo or party and Frost is essential here.

8. Hunt alerts for mods, resources and keys. Participate in Infestation invasions and Phorid manifestation missions (the later is good source of Orokin cells).

9. [Optional but highly suggested] Wait for 50% or ideally 75% discount on platinum purchase and spend few $. You will get very reasonable price/platinum ratio when you buy with the discount and this game's developer deserves some money for this great game. That platinum will last you long time if you spend it only on weapon and warframe slots and Orokin reactors and catalysts. It will also make the game a lot more manageable.

The list could go on and on but this is roughly what I did myself to get over the 2-week "I'm lost" state in this amazing game.

As always, you should read a guide.  A ton of effort has gone into that link, I promise.

Progress will be slow until you can rank up your core damage mods (Serration, Hornet Strike).  Your damage output will be mediocre and your survivability will be weak until you can get your hands on Reactors and Catalysts.  These can be farmed (slowly) from Gift of the Lotus and Invasion rewards.

You NEED to have them.  As always, being able to drop some cash on platinum will greatly ease the grind because Warframe is LITERALLY "pay to not grind".

If you want to feel like you're progressing, you should try other warframes. If you only have an excal you should have a spare inventory slot.

id recommend getting rhino for multiple reasons.

1) get used to farming bosses for frame parts

2) rhino is good starter frame. He drops on venus (second planet) and His abilities allow you to focus on learning how to move and mod accordingly.

Other than that, there isn't much you can do. Just complete planets and level up stuff.

posting my setup take a look im lokkin for some expert to base opinions:http://imgur.com/a/SsFfD

Took a quick look at your build... Couple things here, since excal doesn't have a high energy pool I wouldn't bother doing a quick thinking build for him. I would take QT out and put redirection in that slot, then add a vitality. The frames you want to use quick thinking on are ones like loki, volt, nova, ones with a lot of energy. Flow or ideally primed flow gives you more energy to hold too and is needed for a QT build. You could also add fleeting expertise to get your energy cost down, if you rank fleeting to 3 out of 5 and still use streamline that will put you at 70% efficiency for your power usage, which is 5% below the cap. It will help you keep that exalted blade out for much longer. Also you're using a cracked intensify, you'll do more damage with a regular one. You could put that in place of rage.

Redirection, vitality, intensify, flow/primed flow, streamline, rank 3/5 fleeting would be a good way to start. That would leave you with two more mod slots to add whatever you wanted (stretch for more range, transient fortitude for more strength, vigor for more health/shields would be decent additions, it's all up to you though).

Edited by (PS4)T_ravenis