Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Essential Minor Mechanics Revamp.

Dailenth

DE, you worked really hard for past updates and adding more and more content in the game. But you really forgot some simple mechanics and UI elements 3rd Person shooters should have..

Dynamic Crosshair

As previously suggested here

The simple dot isn't really helping. Before you respond I know that the way recoil works different in this game, normally a recoil in other good games like CSGO works from constant fire from a gun, not small burst attacks I already know about that. But still the simple dot is removing some of the accuracy by player's perspective.

Most of you already know how a dynamic crosshair works.

A static crosshair is basically a cross with a dot in the centre, a dynamic crosshair responds to fire accordingly and expands upon fire indicating the recoil region, and the small dot in the centre indicates your targeting.

Enemy Awareness Markers (During Unaware mode)

If you have played any stealth games, you noticed before the AI is alarmed an indication appears the level of awareness. I think we should introduce this to warframe. I suggest awareness indication above the health bar. Because lets face it we all know that the stealth mechanics in warframe are vastly underdeveloped. 

Gear Wheel; Item Select upon exiting mouse hover.

One of my most awkward moments is during c. simaris missions hunting the specimen, I have first tap Q then mouse over to the far left to select the Synthesis trap, then Press Q again to mouse over and select the Synthesis scanner and then scan the pray.

My suggestion could fix this problem. Simply position the item wheel in the center around the crosshair, make sure the spacing is comfortable. Simply the direction of your mouse motion will select the item, and upon releasing the gear menu key (Q) that item will be used.

It worked bloody nice on Crysis games, why not on warframe?

6nqfkw.jpg

Daily Reward System

YOU PROMISED DE. Fix it. It's about time you should. I'm tired getting constant rewards that I never need. Suit/Weapon XP when I have all LVL30, 10,000 Credits when I get for fun 25.000 in one spin in orokin missions. Platinum coupons haha forget about it, not untill you quit for a week and play the game again THEN you will have higher drop chances. It's like one ungratefull girlfriend and when you stop caring and return she will be fallen in love once again.

One of my most awkward moments is during c. simaris missions hunting the specimen, I have first tap Q then mouse over to the far left to select the Synthesis trap, then Press Q again to mouse over and select the Synthesis scanner and then scan the pray.

My suggestion could fix this problem. Simply position the item wheel in the center around the crosshair, make sure the spacing is comfortable. Simply the direction of your mouse motion will select the item, and upon releasing the gear menu key (Q) that item will be used.

It worked bloody nice on Crysis games, why not on warframe?

Daily Reward System

YOU PROMISED DE. Fix it. It's about time you should. I'm tired getting constant rewards that I never need. Suit/Weapon XP when I have all LVL30, 10,000 Credits when I get for fun 25.000 in one spin in orokin missions. Platinum coupons haha forget about it, not untill you quit for a week and play the game again THEN you will have higher drop chances. It's like one ungratefull girlfriend and when you stop caring and return she will be fallen in love once again.

Gear items can be bound to hotkeys for quick access and storage of said item.

Daily reward system already confirmed to be changed in the latest DevStream in U18.

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-61-overview

Edited by Poke007

DE, you worked really hard for past updates and adding more and more content in the game. But you really forgot some simple mechanics and UI elements 3rd Person shooters should have..

Dynamic Crosshair

As previously suggested here

The simple dot isn't really helping. Before you respond I know that the way recoil works different in this game, normally a recoil in other good games like CSGO works from constant fire from a gun, not small burst attacks I already know about that. But still the simple dot is removing some of the accuracy by player's perspective.

Most of you already know how a dynamic crosshair works.

A static crosshair is basically a cross with a dot in the centre, a dynamic crosshair responds to fire accordingly and expands upon fire indicating the recoil region, and the small dot in the centre indicates your targeting.

Enemy Awareness Markers (During Unaware mode)

If you have played any stealth games, you noticed before the AI is alarmed an indication appears the level of awareness. I think we should introduce this to warframe. I suggest awareness indication above the health bar. Because lets face it we all know that the stealth mechanics in warframe are vastly underdeveloped. 

Daily Reward System

Dynamic Crosshair:

Half the guns don't even work that way. A Boltor Prime always fires in a set cone holding the button down. Bows have gravity drop. What the hell do you give a nade launcher? Amprex? Auto homing weapons? Shotguns that have cones that vary with distance in different ways? Phage and Drakgoon would be impossible.

The dot in the center is just for telling you the center of the screen. Guns in CSGO just mostly fire bullets. We fire all sorts of stuff.

Awareness:

We are not playing "Thief the dark project". This is not a stealth based system. Next thing you will be here asking for a cover system, or a stealth bar indicator. Stealth "underdeveloped"? How can I be ANY MORE stealthy then a permanent invisibility Loki exactly?

Rewards:

The reward system is not your personal "daily free farming tool". It's a courtesy from DE as a "here's some stuff for just being here"; saying "that's crap"? You should be embarrassed. It's like complaining over a free meal saying "I ate this junk yesterday". You know what, if you can't be grateful that it simply exists in the first place, you don't even deserve to have it when they finally get around to finalizing it.

Gear Wheel:

You can already map those to keys. You can then just press that key, it's faster then even Crysis.

Edited by DSpite

I didn't feel like making a topic out of it for now, so I thought I'd include my two cents on what should be tweaked.

*drum rolls*

A quick block button! I know that for many this has no meaning, but do you remember the loading screen with advises popping up telling to block when does "this" or "that" ? I apreciate the advises but it feels almost like an insult at times, a troll if you will, when the only time you can block is via forcefully switching to your melee, while sacrifing dps and maybe even having to soak the brunt force of the rest of the mob. Yes I know there are mods for that, but seriously does any of YOU ever use them in a loadout, would anyone ever consider them crucial, the short answer is no. because those things are the relics of an old system, an obselete system. Warframe has evolved quite a bit since than and the enemies more so, so it boggles me to see these things not integrated better. Hell the quick block needn't have to be as efficient as the melee mode, like it could mitigate less, or even have a set duration of 1-2 seconds reverting to what ever weapon you are using, adding a short cooldown to it before reuse (0.5 seconds f.e.) but I'd really like to have that option, just to avoid getting stagger/stun locked. It was done before (kind of) so there is no excuse not to employ it.

As a side note, some visual ques for special attacks of enemies ( i don't mean the bosses)   would also be greatly apreciated, afterall when you are dealling with 50 enemies at a time it's a bit hard the keep an eye on that ONE opponent that will literally lead you to suffer a mass tea-bagging and end your mission with a failuer.

Yes I know there are mods for that, but seriously does any of YOU ever use them in a loadout, would anyone ever consider them crucial, the short answer is no. because those things are the relics of an old system, an obselete system. Warframe has evolved quite a bit since than and the enemies more so, so it boggles me to see these things not integrated better. Hell the quick block needn't have to be as efficient as the melee mode, like it could mitigate less, or even have a set duration of 1-2 seconds reverting to what ever weapon you are using, adding a short cooldown to it before reuse (0.5 seconds f.e.) but I'd really like to have that option, just to avoid getting stagger/stun locked. It was done before (kind of) so there is no excuse not to employ it.

Yes I do use them in loudouts, and if you think the Mods are "obsolete" then it's the Mods that should be looked at, and not add a totally new system that allows us to mitigate even more damage then we already do with a million different abilities, by just pressing another button, so we always have it on when we open doors. Needing a melee weapon out is a good compromise atm.

If Mods like Reflex Guard had a built in extra mechanic that gave 100% frontal block vs specific sources, rather then percentage, like for example against Phoroid scream, or Bombard rockets, or similar things, then it would be used a lot more.

"... while sacrifing dps"

I really dislike reading lines like that. If DPS is your problem, you are not doings correctly, as DPS only becomes a problem in the broken parts of the game.

Edited by DSpite