Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointment With Warframe.

KerchewPrime

Didn't answer my question....Ive already made it (ok so I got 10hrs) the getting the mats was easy....ok so the rubys took while but im still interested if they upped the costs in some patch before I joined.

yup they've upped it

Honestly I dont mind it taking a bit of time as a free player but what I do mind is the extremely limited slots for warframes and weapons. We should be able to have more than 2 warframes, I dont know any f2p game that limits you this harshly to only 2 characters when the game has like 10 to choose.

Honestly I dont mind it taking a bit of time as a free player but what I do mind is the extremely limited slots for warframes and weapons. We should be able to have more than 2 warframes, I dont know any f2p game that limits you this harshly to only 2 characters when the game has like 10 to choose.

you've got 50 platinum as start

you could have use that to buy 2 more frame slots

How is a factual conversation "drama"

This has been a grindy game from the very start. Unless you pulled out real funds, you had to grind for anything and everything. People bring up the grind like it's something new. Blueprints? Grind them credits, crafting weapons? Grind them resources, grinding resources? Grind them bosses. It's been like that since day 1. I don't mean to rag on your topic but the grind has always been there and it's in just about every pve game. Hell, grinding for your mastery? You gotta level up your stuff which also requires some grinding. 

Just to put this out there, I'm not saying I approve of the grinding.

Edited by TheDoctah

This has been a grindy game from the very start. Unless you pulled out real funds, you had to grind for anything and everything. People bring up the grind like it's something new. Blueprints? Grind them credits, crafting weapons? Grind them resources, grinding resources? Grind them bosses. It's been like that since day 1. I don't mean to rag on your topic but the grind has always been there and it's in just about every pve game. Hell, grinding for your mastery? You gotta level up your stuff which also requires some grinding.

I don't know how this got on grinding. Refer to my original 2 or 3 posts .-.

Watch live stream #6.

Also if you strip away any game that doesn't have a grinding portion in the game, then the game will just burn out within a few hours, especially with warframe since most of it is repetition.  if there is nothing to work towards, to look forward to then people will leave within a week or even days of playing the game.

I think that's people's problem when it comes to MMO's.. Instead of seeing them as a game, they tend to treat them as more of a "temporary annoyance" and basically rush to get over with them as quickly as possible so that they can stop being "forced" to log in.. They want instant gratification so they can justify not playing it anymore..

It's like having this awesome chef Ramsey 4 course dinner, finding the item that you can get full on the quickest (probably some kind of roll or bread) and shoving it down your throat as quickly as possible so that you can get up from the table..

Why would anyone do that?

counterstrike offline sucks

civilization v is another story, you can have an absolute different story depth and gameplay in general, starcraft 1 has the nostalgia feeling and the nice story, also it's not a coop shooter, again it's a rts the gameplay is different, starcraft and cs have simply their god-tier pvp, and there's no real competitive pvp in warframe, dueling isn't balanced at all, it's a pve game first, it's even a coop shooter.

what lacks is story, cutscenes, combos/synergy with other frames (what would force players to stick with the same frame over and over which isn't that good), trap and platforming, warframe also lacks puzzles

oh wait if you strip the grinding you can still have the stuff listed above woops

We do have puzzles... go wandering in the Void... I found a super hard puzzle in the void that I actually died trying to figure out due to lasers... so I never finished it but it was pretty cool. I managed to get 2 doors open, the third one was behind a line of lasers. Also Secret passages, and secret doors all over The Void... so go check that out when you got time. Getting the keys isn't that hard just go defense missions all day long. I got two keys in a row from playing defense one on the 5th wave, and one on the 10th wave.

counterstrike offline sucks

civilization v is another story, you can have an absolute different story depth and gameplay in general, starcraft 1 has the nostalgia feeling and the nice story, also it's not a coop shooter, again it's a rts the gameplay is different, starcraft and cs have simply their god-tier pvp, and there's no real competitive pvp in warframe, dueling isn't balanced at all, it's a pve game first, it's even a coop shooter.

what lacks is story, cutscenes, combos/synergy with other frames (what would force players to stick with the same frame over and over which isn't that good), trap and platforming, warframe also lacks puzzles

oh wait if you strip the grinding you can still have the stuff listed above woops

Way to miss the point and context of the post. I was pointing out that his generalization has nothing to do with gaming in general. Not that those games have anything in common with Warframe. How did you read that as a comparison?

What is the point of your post? It's just a bunch of opinions on the games I listed that lack grinding but have replay-ability.

Edited by Ashnal

Way to miss the point and context of the post. I was pointing out that his generalization has nothing to do with gaming in general. Not that those games have anything in common with Warframe. How did you read that as a comparison?

What is the point of your post? It's just a bunch of opinions on the games I listed that lack grinding but have replay-ability.

counterstrike against ai has no replayability, the fun starts if you play against players. just because game type a lacks grinding doesn't mean gametype b has to be the same, minecraft is kind of grinding nonstop, the game is based on grinding yet you can still keep playing and playing. 

and what's about? the games has replayability because of the stuff listed above, it's like you're comparing chess to angry birds. different worlds different worlds

Edited by SeiraSunmin

Since when is grinding bad for games? Seriously... so many kids play these games now and forget that grinding is essentially the core of every successful game. You should be playing the game to enjoy it, killing stuff, making progress along the way...

Seriously, I keep hearing all these complaints about grinding... what game with any persistence that is even remotely worth playing isn't grind intensive?