Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I Get The Dragon Nikana?

Guest ImJustAN00b

Question

12 answers to this question

Its not insanely resource happy to build like it used to when Oxium dropped in packages of one or two...

Nikana is 3 Argon, 75 Oxy, 200 Alloy, and 1 Forma.

D-Nikana is 1 Argon, 75 Oxy, and 1 Nikana.

Quite the nice melee, may not be a super-heavy hitter but it is fast and efficient.

Not the best weapon in the game, since it has the same issues as Dakra Prime - barely "breakpoint" critical stats. Still, it is a very good and strong weapon. Also, Blind Justice stance provides basic combo even if you don't equip Nikana in your hand. Which is something unique to it, at the moment. So here you go, you do get some benefits over the herd of Scindo Prime users.

What kind of question is that?

1st get all guns for mastery

2nd keep good weapons, or the ones you like, sold the ones you don't want to free room for more.

You could also get some plat for slots, that long weapon list looks cool you know.

As a general guideline I'd suggest you try out everything, sometimes numbers alone don't tell it all and peoples opinions might be contradictory. The DN in particular is strong but that's about it.

/snip/ the herd of Scindo Prime users.

Is this a thing? o.O

Dragon Nikana is amazing, and most certainly worth building. Only issue I have with it is my inability to get it to 0/70 with any worthwhile build on it (without forma).

As ArchPhaeton stated above, you really should test out all weapons and frames (including non-Primes; don't run straight to the Prime version!), if for nothing but helping you reach the point of unlocking Syndicate primaries, such as the Rakta Cernos, Sancti Tigris, or Vaykor Hek, which you unlock at MR12 (360,000 Mastery points; that's 120 weapons, ignoring any frame levels you gain).

Dragon Nikana is sturdy as hell, unless you're doing something pretty hardcore, you can basically rely on it for everything.

The spin attack is functional and easy to use, the aerial attack is actually usable, it's basic attack fairly reliable for hitting small enemies like crawlers and the goop the infected spew on the ground.

The damage is nice and it attacks relatively fast, it's just an all-round decent weapon.

But keep somethin like a Galatine for when you jump into the deep end, you'll never keep up with the 800% AoE spin2win.