The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Rhino Charge Be More Controllable?

izzatuw

Have any of you tried using a Rhino Charge with good duration? Or worse, one that's specced with Narrowminded for a Roar build?

I think the ability has too little control and can mess with the player because of that. You can charge tons of meters, arguably just as good as parkour 1.0's coptering was but also had the downgrade of having little to no control and could send you flying off a cliff causing you to lose Roar and Iron Skin affects.

Although I've heard Rhino's buffs I haven't heard of giving Charge more control/mobility. It's somewhat too dull now compared to Atlas' and Excalibur's first. Maybe we could cancel it before it reaches its limit.

My Rhino build is 221% Duration, to lazy to make more... And I kinda like that I can give 65% Dmg boost for whole team for a minute, rly good for Defense.

70-80 meter Charge (roughly) have limited usability, but it's freaking awesome on some Maps, mostly Interception, Excavation types.

Having control over ur charge could be nice, but then speed must be nerfed badly. Cuz charging for 80 meters takes less than a second.

They mentioned in a Dev stream that when the new Rhino skin comes out, they are updating Rhino's skills as well. Rhino's charge will get the same functionality as Atlas' #1 ability. I.e. it should lock on to enemies. I don't know about the less energy per cast though.

They mentioned in a Dev stream that when the new Rhino skin comes out, they are updating Rhino's skills as well. Rhino's charge will get the same functionality as Atlas' #1 ability. I.e. it should lock on to enemies. I don't know about the less energy per cast though.

Hopefully so, even if it could lock on I hope it stops the Rhino on track. It could function in two ways, the normal Rhino Charge (our current one) can be used if you're not aiming at anything for mobility plus a few tweaks, the Atlas one can be used if you're aiming at something.

Please catch up with dev streams to stay updated with Warframe & it's upcoming changes . Rhino will get a rework.

And I have. There hasn't been any representations of his rework and the changes mention that Charge will have some changes but none really mention how its mobility will work.

Don't walk into this thread and act too smart >_>

And I have. There hasn't been any representations of his rework and the changes mention that Charge will have some changes but none really mention how its mobility will work.

Don't walk into this thread and act too smart >_>

Actually know what , u are not worth wasting time on anyways. >.>

Actually know what , u are not worth wasting time on anyways. >.>

Aren't you just a little bundle of joy?

They said it'd be similar but in what way? In terms of scaling with melee mods? Lock on? Mobility?

You should note that current Rhino charge doesn't require any target to use while Atlas requires one.

Building duration should not @(*()$ make me reach hyper speed fling me into stratosphere.

No it should not. Hopefully the changes can will find a medium between the mobility the current one has and the damage it can achieve

Suggestion: After casting charge, rhino keeps his normal movement (not slide,bullejump and stuff just sprint) for a few seconds. Rhino can run over enemies (incl. ragdoll), as long as the ability is active. Casting charge again will end the effect early.

I'm not really a rhino player but I think that could work.

Edited by Arcira

His charge will work like Atlas . What more do u want ?

To be clear-

DE said Charge would get the atlas style casting in that it would cost less and gain damage per cast within the time window.

Scott also wants to make it scale with melee mods but steve is hesitant about that. We will see what happens.

However they didn't mention anything about locking on to enemies. No reason to assume it will at this time.

Edited by Ronyn

Aren't you just a little bundle of joy?

They said it'd be similar but in what way? In terms of scaling with melee mods? Lock on? Mobility?

You should note that current Rhino charge doesn't require any target to use while Atlas requires one.

why cant you wait a bit for it to get reworked or even information from devs about it instead saying this/that & all those stuffs . I really dont understand why people now a day are impatient . asking question is wise but devs will just not sneak up to your ear/thread to tell you all their upcoming changes . DE is secretive & the suspense of upcoming changes is what keeping my hype train going. dunno your case.

Suggestion: After casting charge, rhino keeps his normal movement (not slide,bullejump and stuff just sprint) for a few seconds. During the duration rhino can run over enemies (incl. ragdoll). Casting charge again will end the effect early.

I'm not really a rhino player but I think that could work.

Sounds neat. Maybe the Charge should have less "duration" now and make the movement have energy drain or a set duration.

why cant you wait a bit for it to get reworked or even information from devs about it instead saying this/that & all those stuffs . I really dont understand why people now a day are impatient . asking question is wise but devs will just not sneak up to your ear/thread to tell you all their upcoming changes . DE is secretive & the suspense of upcoming changes is what keeping my hype train going. dunno your case.

So giving feedback or adding on to an idea of a proposed rework is bad? Okay we should just destroy the feedback section I guess. afaik they haven't really made any real changes to Rhino just yet, they have discussed the changes but I doubt they even added them to the dev build. If they did we'd get a preview on the devstream and a thread in the forums.

To be clear-

DE said Charge would get the atlas style casting in that it would cost less and gain damage per cast within the time window.

Scott also wants to make it scale with melee mods but steve is hesitant about that. We will see what happens.

However they didn't mention anything about locking on to enemies. No reason to assume it will at this time.

It'd be interesting if it scaled by how many people you hit per charge. So hitting multiple targets in a small corridor would grant you a bigger multiplier