The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bacon Linked To Cancer?

JaysInc

A lot of people use the argument of "yeah well everything causes cancer" to dismiss cancer risk warnings.

Yes, many things increase the risk of cancer. By an insignificant amount. People don't even live long enough for that to be a serious threat.

But usually, with the things people cause a fuss about, it's different.

If I recall correctly, the increase from processed foods is around 10% if the intake is daily. While the chances are still slim, it's something to consider.

Sunlight gives you cancer as well.

Better lock yourself in your basement and never leave.

And the end of the day everything can probably give you cancer, doesn't mean anything to me.

Cancer can also just happen because your body makes a mistake during cell replication and can't stop it. The chance of this happening is merely raised by exposure to certain things. 

If I ate enough bacon to get cancer from it I think I'd die of clogged arteries before the cancer could kill me. 

My dad actually believes this bullsh!t.

I don't give two flying f**ks.

Let's not call it bullS#&$, I believe are some facts in there...

HOWEVER!!!!

I really don't a damn as well, it just doesn't matter.

I'm not with that "beacon is worth dying for"

I'm more of "what's the point for living a long and restricted life when I can live a short and happy free life?"

It simply doesn't make me care at all, I don't have beacon addiction, I ate them from time to time, doesn't affect me, don't give a crap.

End.