The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prova Prod Is Just A Sword Reskin.

Caernarvon

Rather than whining, we should be posting suggestions about how to fix this. Many have done so citing various real world martial arts that use blunt objects as a primary weapon, this is a pretty good start.

Personally, I feel it should be a fast, single target weapon that uses the whole electrical stun as it's primary advantage. With all the baton and tambo videos, one thing is very common. They strike very quickly in key points. This should be preserved in the Prova. Rapid short swings that strike key points on targets and, combined with the electrical effect, stun enemies more than it hurts them.
This should be more of a tool to lock down and debilitate a single target so allies can focus on a basically helpless enemy that is getting his bones bashed in ever so slowly by a million perfect and practiced blunt force traumas.

That's just my 2 cents and I hope this gets cleared up. Sucks they go about this open beta all wrong, treating it like a released game where we have to earn gear like it's a finished product rather than letting us test concepts like this and give them feed back on how it could be finished.

Rather than whining, we should be posting suggestions about how to fix this. Many have done so citing various real world martial arts that use blunt objects as a primary weapon, this is a pretty good start.

Personally, I feel it should be a fast, single target weapon that uses the whole electrical stun as it's primary advantage. With all the baton and tambo videos, one thing is very common. They strike very quickly in key points. This should be preserved in the Prova. Rapid short swings that strike key points on targets and, combined with the electrical effect, stun enemies more than it hurts them.

This should be more of a tool to lock down and debilitate a single target so allies can focus on a basically helpless enemy that is getting his bones bashed in ever so slowly by a million perfect and practiced blunt force traumas.

That's just my 2 cents and I hope this gets cleared up. Sucks they go about this open beta all wrong, treating it like a released game where we have to earn gear like it's a finished product rather than letting us test concepts like this and give them feed back on how it could be finished.

Normal attack - 100% stagger chance

Charged attack - Knockdown / Electric stun effect from corpus, applied to grineer as well

Normal attack combo - ends with knockdown, animations like Tanbo videos

of course they're desperate, they can smell their disappointment and the sound they'll  make rattling their clans serves as a warning to the rest.

Mm. Hope you're not underestimating the problem. The others may not leave as quickly as you think.

Edited by thefnordest

Thanks for the note and we understand your frustration. Tenno engineers are confident they can improve this weapon and are working on it as we speak.

1369496030232.gif?t=1369929773

Thanks for the note and we understand your frustration. Tenno engineers are confident they can improve this weapon and are working on it as we speak.

Maybe tenno engineers can take a look at all the other clantech weapons ahead of time too, so we don't have to make a thread about each one when it turns out to be broken or extremely weak for the cost.

I seriously hope so. Being in Beta, the apparent quality goes each way a lot, but when it keeps pushing toward negative, you get less urge to play and more to move on to something else.

Shut up and take my money.

Maybe tenno engineers can take a look at all the other clantech weapons ahead of time too, so we don't have to make a thread about each one when it turns out to be broken or extremely weak for the cost.

This is the type of attitude that should be frowned upon; not upvoted. Attack and demean the devs of the game you supposedly enjoy. That'll make them work faster and listen to us more.

This is the type of attitude that should be frowned upon; not upvoted. Attack and demean the devs of the game you supposedly enjoy. That'll make them work faster and listen to us more.

He's got a point though. If they pre-emptively fix the other clan weapons they will suffer less attacks and demeaning posts. Wellthen is just making a serious point humorously. Don't have such thin skin, the devs have heard and taken notes from far more aggressive posts. The blustering of some forum-goer isn't going to reduce them to tears. They don't need you to defend them.

He's got a point though. If they pre-emptively fix the other clan weapons they will suffer less attacks and demeaning posts. Wellthen is just making a serious point humorously. Don't have such thin skin, the devs have heard and taken notes from far more aggressive posts. The blustering of some forum-goer isn't going to reduce them to tears. They don't need you to defend them.

Defending them =/= me having thin skin. And just because they can ignore the insults towards them doesn't mean everyone should insult them.